• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

pureleeawesome

Pureleeawesome is still purely awesome

Hey NerdFitness!

So I'm still here, still kicking.

I knew I was never going to be able to do a challenge last time period (I had PAX for a strong part of it) so that's why you never saw a thread for me.

But I'm here! I'm alive! And I've been thinking about how I go about achieving my goals.

I've had quite a few goals over the years and I never really get anywhere with them. Even just writing this thread is a challenge for my constantly whirling mind.

I read something recently about how we shouldn't tell people our goals because when we do so we get that little "boost" (such science!) and then we never go on to achieve the goal because we've already gotten the boost from it.

It really resonated with me, completer of no projects ever. So you don't get to know my goals this challenge.

YOU ONLY GET TO KNOW WHAT I ACHIEVE

So in saying that, here's what I achieved today!

DskL64ZUUAEvbzl.jpg:large

(I'm learning Danish)

• Like 3

Glad to see you back! I actually just read the same thing about not telling other people your goals. I think I have seen some other information on it before as well. I am not sure how I feel about the concept, but I am interested to see how it plays out in your challenge.

Oh, and in case you don't recognize my new name, I was formerly StarlordPhoenix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Aquarii said:

Oh, and in case you don't recognize my new name, I was formerly StarlordPhoenix.

I didn't recognise you! Hej!

I think it's definitely something that will be true for some and not for others. I just happen to be one of those people that it is true for :)

Did you know rules are made to be broken?

I discussed a bit of a pipe dream with some friends and family yesterday.

There were reasons - I need the support of the family I live with in order to do what I want to do and thankfully they were supportive.

Not going to discuss it here though until it's a bit more of a reality.

My Danish learning streak remains unbroken though!

• Like 2

Two questions:

What is PAX?

Why Danish?

On 11/21/2018 at 7:12 PM, pureleeawesome said:

It really resonated with me, completer of no projects ever.

Welcome to the club! Your hand made membership card should arrive in the next 4-6 business years :P I just need to find it under the pile of half started Bujo attempts, knitting projects, partially finished books, unopened hair colour containers, and long forgotten about video games :P

I am glad and also so damn sad to know we're not the only ones!

On 12/1/2018 at 5:25 AM, Leigh said:

Two questions:

What is PAX?

Why Danish?

Welcome to the club! Your hand made membership card should arrive in the next 4-6 business years :P I just need to find it under the pile of half started Bujo attempts, knitting projects, partially finished books, unopened hair colour containers, and long forgotten about video games :P

I am glad and also so damn sad to know we're not the only ones!

Hej! <3

PAX is a gaming convention. There's one held here in Aus and a few in America. There are usually a few merch stands, indie devs bring their games for you to try and even some bigger developers will bring their games. It's not just restricted to consoles/computers there are tabletop games too.

Danish because I went to Denmark last year and fell a little bit in love with it so now even though it hurts my soul I try to keep up with it as much as possible. And I like learning the language even though it's essentially useless to me unless I can move to Denmark.

Speaking of Danish, 20 days learning streak today! Woo!

Also, I want to talk about what I was trying to not talk about before.

I've decided to go to uni in 2020.

The plan is to eventually study Data Science but I'm also going to try and spend a semester overseas (ideally in Denmark).

• Like 2