• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WolfDreamer

The Trading Post

TradingPost.jpg

Welcome to the Adventurers guild. This is what we like to call the trading post. This is the place where Adventurers and guests can gather for general chat and for trading ideas, motivation, music, and stories of your adventures. 

Moskowitz-TradingPost1.jpg

If you're new to the Adventurers or here as a guest, welcome to our guild and please introduce yourself. The guild leaders are myself, @Sylvaa, and @Teros, so please feel free to message one of us if you have questions about the guild and the forum.

Trading_Post_Boss-Psychedelic-Web.jpg?12

I'll be kicking it with the Druids this challenge, I think, because my focus will mostly be on prayer, scripture study, and meditation. But I hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving is enjoying time with family and great food tomorrow. Have a great challenge coming up next week. I'll be in and out.

Almost all of the iconic and influential men from my life are gone. Last year, I lost my grandpa. A few years before that one of his brothers, my Uncle James, died from Alzheimer's. Around the same time that my grandpa passed, another of his brothers had a stroke and has had dementia ever since, which gets a little worse every day. This morning I found out that another of his brothers, Uncle Blackie, passed away in his sleep. He was such a joyful man, the goofy brother, never too embarrassed or ashamed to tell a bad joke or wear a silly hat if it meant he could make someone smile. He was also never too ashamed or embarrassed to share his love for Jesus and tell us how much Jesus loved us.

I know death is inevitable, but it just hurts to lose the men who have helped me grow to be the man I am today. They were all members of a different generation, hardy and tough and yet loving and tender family men, as well. Men of God who knew how to fight if necessary but also knew how to love unconditionally. There are still three brothers left, even though one hasn't been himself since his stroke. I hold onto the memories of the life lessons they each taught me.

• Sad 3