• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Endor

Calling all Autobots....

Recently I've found myself feeling rather happy and have been wondering what's brought this on. I broke my foot 6 weeks ago it has forced me to sit around a lot with no guilt for doing so, during which time I've got quite a lot of jobs done and worked on some interesting programming stuff. I'm realising that I haven't been looking after my nerdy side enough so my goals for this challenge are going to be a bit indulgent and a bit more focused on being nice to myself rather than stretch goals with the pressure they bring. 

Goals:

1. Watch at least 1 classic sci-fi/fantasy film a week, which will definitely include at least 1 Transformers movie and probably LOTR or StarWars as well. I might even hook myself up with The Never Ending Story   (other ideas welcome)

2. Do some programming for funz. I have a work project that inolves tons of boring manual auditing so I'm writing some code to automate the tedious tasks. I am enjoying writing it so I will dump some of my own spare time into this as well. 

3.  Hang out with friends at least once a week. 

4. Rehab my foot. I have been given the green light from the physio to wean myself off the moonboot I've been wearing for my fracture. Every day I need to do a short walk which will gradually increase in distance as pain allows. [mention=29779]DarK_RaideR[/mention] pls  

Bonus:

Organise a get together for my birthday. It's my birthday soon, usually I do nothing but this year I'd like to make the effort to go for lunch with some friends. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5502503

• Like 2

And here I was thinking you have PTSD or a phobia of trucks since Optimus Prime tried to hump your car on the motorway :D

Here to hold you accountable. I'll be the Starscream to your Megatron. No, wait...

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

And here I was thinking you have PTSD or a phobia of trucks since Optimus Prime tried to hump your car on the motorway :D

Here to hold you accountable. I'll be the Starscream to your Megatron. No, wait...

Good to have you along, thanks :) 

Funnily enough I was just updating my avatar and found that pic in the same folder. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Stretch goals have their place, but sometimes it is nie to let yourself relax and just be too. Glad you are able to see the positives of being slowed down.

Thanks, good to see you :)

Saturday afternoon, thought about doing some work but remembered my goals so I watched TMNT2 instead. Not exactly a cerebral film but it did feature Megan Fox and Mutated turtles, that's a big tick for slacking off and relaxing :) 

• Like 1

Thanks for the nudge default_smile.png

Weigh in: 93.4kg +0.1

I've been doing well with my foot, had a walk to the local playground(approx 250m each way) with the dog on Sunday and then to the boat ramp yesterday. The boat ramp is about 750m each way, i took my boot in a backpack, halfway home i was in a lot of pain and had to stop to put in on. So i guess i can do about 1km at the moment. I have an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow for assessment.

Work is pretty shitty at the moment, dealing with some undesirable personalities/politics, looking forward to xmas break.

Not watched any scifi yet yesterday/today, heavy workload until friday.

I booked a table at a nice local seafood restaurant for lunch on saturday, one friend has accepted so far and we'll get the ferry together to a soccer match after lunch. I'm looking forward to it default_smile.png

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Endor said:

Work is pretty shitty at the moment, dealing with some undesirable personalities/politics

This the worst, but completely relatable.  My work is the same.  At one point I dreaded every shift, but over time shifted my thinking to embrace it and focus on my own internal positive self-talk rather than the prevailing negativity of my peers.  It wasn't easy and still trips me up, but more often than not it's my own issues derailing my day than other people at least.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 1:58 PM, Endor said:

(other ideas welcome)

Willow

Labyrinth

10 hours ago, Endor said:

Work is pretty shitty at the moment, dealing with some undesirable personalities/politics, looking forward to xmas break.

Been there, done that.  Strangled the other person with the tee shirt......Not really, but I wanted to!  Hang in there.  It’s practically here!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rinna said:

Willow

Labyrinth

Oh nice ideas, I haven't seen either for years. Neither on Aussie Netflix, will have to dig up my old media library and see if I've got them. :) 

I also noticed your signature....must be time a Blade rewatch, one of my all time fave films B)

3 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Shit, how did you break your foot mate?  I missed that one!

I decided to make my indoor soccer comeback after 10 years in retirement.

Bought new futsal shoes and 2 sets of kit, broke my foot in the first game of the season

giphy.gif

This the worst, but completely relatable.  My work is the same.  At one point I dreaded every shift, but over time shifted my thinking to embrace it and focus on my own internal positive self-talk rather than the prevailing negativity of my peers.  It wasn't easy and still trips me up, but more often than not it's my own issues derailing my day than other people at least.

Good to hear you have come up with a coping mechanism.  

It's usually fine, but I'm working on a project with a couple of undesirables and my "protection" (the Project Manager) is someone I haven't worked with before that is not providing any protection or backup, he just cares about himself. Also it's a tricky customer with a very weird sense of humour where he takes great joy from making people feel awkward in front of others.

• Like 2

Saw the foot surgein yesterday, he agreed with physio, its a bone bruise. Recovery approx 4-6 months but should feel a lot better after 2 months.

No futsal for at least 4 months but he's cleared me for swimming and riding a bike so at least i can do some exercise. Also told me to wean off the boot.

Going for MRI on Saturday to confirm prognosis.

• Like 1

Saw the foot surgein yesterday, he agreed with physio, its a bone bruise. Recovery approx 4-6 months but should feel a lot better after 2 months.

No futsal for at least 4 months but he's cleared me for swimming and riding a bike so at least i can do some exercise. Also told me to wean off the boot.

Going for MRI on Saturday to confirm prognosis.

You're 2/3 towards a triathlon already!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Going through a very tough time at the moment, our cat has taken a turn for the worse and is rapidly declining.

We're taking her to the vet again today, she has lost weight rapidly and her belly is quite swollen. I think we're going to have to make the decision we hoped never to face. It's a dreadful time :(

I might be off air for a bit.

• Sad 3

On 12/1/2018 at 10:27 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm sorry Endor. That stinks.

Thank you, it does. 

On 12/1/2018 at 3:10 PM, Elastigirl said:

So sorry

Thanks Elasti, appreciate it

On 12/2/2018 at 6:25 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Sorry for the bad news Endor.

Thanks for being here