• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Endor

Calling all Autobots....

Sadly we had to let our beloved cat go on Saturday morning, she was very unwell with all the symptoms of kidney failure. It was one of the most harrowing experiences of my life so far, we made her as comfortable as possible and she died in my wife's arms with me beside her. We buried her in one of her favorite spots in the yard.

I know life must go on but I don't feel like doing anything at the moment. I had arranged a lunch for my birthday with 6 of our friends on Saturday, it was scheduled for 1 hour after we buried her. I was considering cancelling but my wife said we should still go. In the end I am glad we did, they are 6 close friends and it was good to have their company to distract us. 

Yesterday was a dreadful day we didn't know what to do with ourselves so I went through some old photos and found some nice ones of her then we went to a store to print them out. I have framed one which is on my desk now. Our vet was so lovely and supportive through the process, genuinely caring. I'm going to make a thank you card with a photo of Bluebell and send it to her.

We both miss her terribly, I keep looking for her and noticing things of hers are missing. 

She was 20 years old and was very well loved through a long and happy life. 

• Sad 2

Don't be too hard on yourself, mate. You need time to grieve and that's alright.

Like you said, she lived a full and happy life. Now she'll live in your memory (and my gf's wallpaper, as it's been her spirit animal ever since I showed her a photo)

• Like 1

Don't be too hard on yourself, mate. You need time to grieve and that's alright.

Like you said, she lived a full and happy life. Now she'll live in your memory (and my gf's wallpaper, as it's been her spirit animal ever since I showed her a photo)
Thanks DR, I told my wife about this and she loved it. :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So sorry to hear that mate, you guys takr care of yourselves.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

I've been burying myself in work, but it's starting to get easier.

I've been coding for 2 days straight and made a lot of progress on my project. Theres not much pressure to finish it so i can take time and enjoy the process.

Wwnt for a short walk today with the dog, he also has seemed sad and knows something is not right.

So i guess my goals are going ok, i'll trying to go easy on myself.

• Like 2

Dogs know. He sure has noticed her absence and can pick up the vibes from you and the wife. Still, good thing you can go out for a walk with him now.

I know it's easier said than done and it's not the best of times to point things out, but booze as a coping mechanism.... Don't let it drag you back down all sneaky like that.

Also

food-drug.jpg?w=660

but with "booze" instead of "food" in your case. Might wanna try letting some steam off with a workout.

• Like 2

Dogs know. He sure has noticed her absence and can pick up the vibes from you and the wife. Still, good thing you can go out for a walk with him now.

I know it's easier said than done and it's not the best of times to point things out, but booze as a coping mechanism.... Don't let it drag you back down all sneaky like that.

Also

but with "booze" instead of "food" in your case. Might wanna try letting some steam off with a workout.

Easier said than done but thank you for the reminder. 

• Like 1

I can't wait to see the back of this a-hole year. 

Dog is unwell, zig zagging all over the room banging into things unable to walk straight, fell down the stairs and then collapsed 3 times losing his front legs. We are both in pieces still from the cat dying and now this. He has gone to the vet, I was unable to go with my wife as I am cutting over a customer site. They wanted to keep him in and run neuro tests, xrays etc. so she had to leave him there. 5 hours later they call back and say they can't find anything wrong and he's bouncing around their surgery like a mental case as usual. Roll on xmas holidays. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Sounds like the dog is having his own methods of being confused, sad and frustrated with the cat's absence. He needs time to mourn and adjust, same as humans do.

Hang tight in there. You already didn't mention any booze in this last update, so keep doing the thing!

• Like 1

I left the xmas party at the appointed hour it finished, everyone else staying on to get more drunk. Restricted myself to 3 beers and polite conversation, saw a couple people I like there so it wasn't all bad. As I was leaving my boss asked me for a 1-on-1 next week, I think he can probably tell I'm not in a happy place. 

Going for a bite to eat then to see Mortal Engines tonight, glad I had something prearranged with someone I like so I had a good excuse to leave. 

Sorta accepted that the rest of the year is a write off so just trying to get through the last week at work then I'll be free to chill and recover

Back to coding for a bit...

• Like 2

Well challenge over already, that was quick! I wasn't very active this time but I've had a lot to deal . 

How did the goals go? 

Goals:

1. Watch at least 1 classic sci-fi/fantasy film a week, which will definitely include at least 1 Transformers movie and probably LOTR or StarWars as well. I might even hook myself up with The Never Ending Story   (other ideas welcome)

--------Watched some cool stuff but not as much sci-fi as I would have liked and no Transformers!! Guess I will have to catch bumblebee at the cinema over the break  

2. Do some programming for funz. I have a work project that inolves tons of boring manual auditing so I'm writing some code to automate the tedious tasks. I am enjoying writing it so I will dump some of my own spare time into this as well. 

--------Finished my script, it works well and will save me a lot of time.  Next project is adding a serial port to my kindle so I can unbrick it. I've bought all the tools and materials, just waiting on delivery of a voltage regulator now. 

3.  Hang out with friends at least once a week. 

--------Hmm, I think I have done this...caught up with a couple people I haven't seen for a while too. 

4. Rehab my foot. I have been given the green light from the physio to wean myself off the moonboot I've been wearing for my fracture. Every day I need to do a short walk which will gradually increase in distance as pain allows. [mention=29779]DarK_RaideR[/mention]  pls  

------I've been walking a little and am now totally out of the boot. Foot still gets sore if I do too much but is definitely improving. MRI confirmed bone bruise and no tendon damage so that's good. Probably another 2-3 months healing to do. 

Bonus:

Organise a get together for my birthday. It's my birthday soon, usually I do nothing but this year I'd like to make the effort to go for lunch with some friends. 

-----This was a great event, despite the circumstances. 

• Like 1

So sorry about Bluebell. But in the end we have to let them go. She lived long and with people that loved her and took care of her, so she was fortunate. Take your time to mourn her and miss her *hugs*

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2018 at 12:57 AM, zenLara said:

So sorry about Bluebell. But in the end we have to let them go. She lived long and with people that loved her and took care of her, so she was fortunate. Take your time to mourn her and miss her *hugs*

Thank you, I know you understand how it feels through your own loss. It's going to take a long time to get over but I'm gradually getting there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Is that where you live?! OMG it's like my dream spot! You're lucky! :D 

Yeah that's my back yard, it's beautiful here, I am very lucky. It's amazing how used to something you can become, I don't notice it that much day to day now but whenever I go away for a few days and come back it blows me away again!

• Like 1