• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thekatisalie

therealkat :: Return of the Return of the Frost Archer

Recycling last year’s challenge cause it worked... 

PREVIOUSLY ON AS THE FRELJORD TURNS…

A harsh winter has once again settled upon the Freljord. Ashe, leader of the Avarosan tribe, must set out to battle to protect her people from the dangers that lurk in the frostbitten valleys. With the ancient queen Avarosa’s enchanted bow made of crystalline ice, Ashe sets out to protect her people and unite the Freljord, once and for all.

In this challenge, Ashe’s in-game abilities will be unlocked as achievements are met. Ashe must also battle her way through the enemy turrets, which are stronger as she edges closer to the opposing base. At the end of the challenge, if all moves are unlocked and all turrets are defeated, Ashe will be fully equipped and ready to do battle with the Nexus within the enemy base.

Will victory be forged, or will defeat come to the Frost Archer?...

1.      Faster than my arrow? I think not.

a.       Half Marathon Training

b.      5 points per week – 20 points total

c.       Enchanted Crystal Arrow – Achieved by two consecutive weeks of all 5 half marathon training workouts

2.      No, really, put that apple on your head...

a.       Log Daily and HONESTLY on MyFitnessPal

b.      7 points per week - 28 points total

c.       Unlocks Ranger’s Focus – Achieved by logging two consecutive weeks of food on MyFitnessPal

3.      Avarosa guide me.

a.       6,000 steps a day

b.      7 points per week - 28 points total

c.       Unlocks Volley – unlocked by achieving 15 total days of meeting 6,000 steps

4.      For the Freljord!

a.       Use standing desk for 1 hour a day

b.      5 point per week – 25 points total

c.       Unlocks Hawkshot – Achieved by completing 10 days of standing

5.      No One Escapes My Aim

a.   Yoga once a week, specifically for hips.

b.      1 points per week – 5 points total

c.       Unlocks Frost Shot – Achieved by getting 3 of 4 yoga workouts in at least by the end of the challenge

TOTAL POINTS 25 points per week - 106 points total

Abilities:

Frost Shot – Status: Locked

Volley – Status: Locked

Hawkshot – Status: Locked

Ranger’s Focus – Status: Locked

Enchanted Crystal Arrow – Status: Locked

The Battlefield :: Summoner’s Rift

Turret One: Week 1 completed with 75% success rate (18 points or more)

Turret One Health: 17/25 (Turrent One is still standing... but my team will finish it off so I can hit two...)

Turret Two: Week 2 completed with 75% success rate (18 points or more)

Turret Two Health: 8/25 ((Turrent Two is still barely standing... but my team will finish it off so I can hit three...)

Turret Three: Week 3 completed with 80% success rate (19 points or more)

Turret Three Health: 25/25

Enemy Inhibitor: Week 4 completed with 85% success rate (20 points or more)

Turret Three Health: 25/25

Defeat the Enemy Base: All abilities unlocked and total challenge completed with a 80% success rate (84 points)

Enemy Base Health: 106/106

• Like 4

This looks delightfully familiar.  Legit looked to your previous Frost Archer challenges to inspire me, but in the end I went with something simpler.

Expect to be harassed for updates.

Also, OH HAI THURR

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

This looks delightfully familiar.  Legit looked to your previous Frost Archer challenges to inspire me, but in the end I went with something simpler.

Expect to be harassed for updates.

Also, OH HAI THURR

What can I say? I’m a complicated woman,  dude. 

ALSO HAI THURRRR

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 7:37 PM, DaemonCorax said:

Very nifty. Following this frost archer thing. I wish I was so creative in my challenge writing!

Thank you! I recycle this one a lot... cause it helped me get through hard winter running in 2015-2016!

21 hours ago, wovercast said:

ralph-wave.gif

latest?cb=20130703204048

• Like 1

KAT IS ALIVE. Probably.

1.      Faster than my arrow? I think not. - Half Marathon Training

LOLOLOLOLLL. Like I mentioned, my grandfather passed and I've been a bit distracted with that all. The last two days have been a bust, unless you count three hours of frantic stress cleaning of my house. Which, I mean, DID get my heart rate up...

2.      No, really, put that apple on your head... - Log Daily and HONESTLY on MyFitnessPal

No logging. I have been bad at food, but I prepped the rest of the week starting today. Which I shall go log now...

3.      Avarosa guide me. - 6,000 steps a day

Not in the last two days. Half way... I was pretty lazy, allowing myself to just kind of play video games all day both days (after the stress cleaning and meal prepping) which was nice.I don't often allow myself to just play games... BUT streaming on Twitch and being an Affiliate gives me a really great excuse. I played Pokemon for like 3 hours last night... Which meant I only got like 3,000 steps in.

4.      For the Freljord! -  Use standing desk for 1 hour a day

I get two free passes since I wasn't at work. Back today, so that will be the real test.

5.      No One Escapes My Aim - Yoga Once a Week (Hip Focused)

No yoga. I am kicking myself a little cause I really could have AT LEAST done yoga the last two days. Alas, I did not.

• Like 5

KAT IS LAZY. Fact.

I walked like 1.5 miles yesterday and was like "good enough, Kat, go have a snack." Not what I'd planned, but eh. Having a hard time fighting the lazies - especially after a LONG ASS WINTER COMMUTE that zapped all my intentions to go home and cardio kickbox.

2.      No, really, put that apple on your head... - Log Daily and HONESTLY on MyFitnessPal

I *DID* log everything, though. And wasn't to terribly over, despite the non-exercise and the forced group outing at work where I made the best choices with food that I could. Would have rather had my salad at work...

Only 4,731 yesterday. It's going to be hard to hit this on non-run days with the temps and such outside. I need a treadmill at my desk.

Yes, I did. In fact I stood at work for like 3 hours. And my back is telling me why I need to not do that again... but it will get stronger as I stand more.

No yoga. I should have. But I was so thrown by the drive home that I just destressed with crafty things and the Great British Baking Show until bedtime.

• Like 4

Looks like you'll find your rhythm in no time :)

My lower back kills me if I stand for more than like 30 minutes. But I can walk / run forever. Last month I did a Tough Mudder (11 miles) and my back felt great the whole time. Is that the case for you? Standing hurts more than moving?

• Like 1

Just now, wovercast said:

Is that the case for you? Standing hurts more than moving?

Absolutely - My SHOULDERS bother me when I run - but that's because I tense up over like 4+ miles. My back doesn't ever really bother me unless I'm on really uneven ground.

KAT IS STILL A SLACKER. Fact.

There was no workout AGAIN last night. I got home and meant to take 5 minutes to set something up for my stream tonight and then I got sucked into playing with my new webcam and it's settings. SIGH. I feel crappy that I'm not working out. My intentions are there. I just lack follow through right now. The Freljord is doomed...

I logged everything. And I even weighed myself this morning just to see how bad I'd gotten... and I've lost 1.5 pounds. With all the lack of workouts and only quasi good eating... I was surprised. I started a new nutrition program and I've been doing what I can to stick to it right now, and it looks like even with missing my workouts, it's helping.

Shhhh nothing to see here.... -_-;

I did get one hour in, but not anything more. At least there is that.

No yoga. Again. UGH.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, therealkat said:

KAT IS STILL A SLACKER. Fact.

The labels we give ourselves matter. By calling yourself a slacker you are setting up a negative feedback loop and sabotaging your future attempts at success. If you wish to convey you are unhappy with your performance in goal related matters, that's one thing. Those feelings are valid. Calling yourself a slacker is unhelpful and it saddens me to see you label yourself that way. I wouldn't let someone else talk about you like that and I really want to encourage you not to do so to yourself. Would you like it if someone called me a slacker? 

I'll have you know therrealkat is a friend of mine, and by calling her a slacker you are insulting one of my friends. I don't like that. Please be nicer to my friend.

• Like 4

On 11/30/2018 at 9:31 AM, Jittersthe.Clown said:

It's on!

Kat.jpg

This is friggen epic.

On 11/30/2018 at 11:56 AM, Elastigirl said:

You may not have hit all your goals, but you are nailing the food logging, which is a big win

I'm trying to see that as a win, still. I can't snap out of my lack of motivation. It's been so tough to do anything other than nothing.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:00 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The labels we give ourselves matter. By calling yourself a slacker you are setting up a negative feedback loop and sabotaging your future attempts at success. If you wish to convey you are unhappy with your performance in goal related matters, that's one thing. Those feelings are valid. Calling yourself a slacker is unhelpful and it saddens me to see you label yourself that way. I wouldn't let someone else talk about you like that and I really want to encourage you not to do so to yourself. Would you like it if someone called me a slacker? 

I'll have you know therrealkat is a friend of mine, and by calling her a slacker you are insulting one of my friends. I don't like that. Please be nicer to my friend.

Thank you for the reminder. I'm trying to be nicer to your friend, and mine. Motivation used to be so simple for me but now I have literally none. I don't know why it's been so hard. I have races to train for and goals to reach. I just can't make myself care about them, it seems.

• Like 2

KAT IS STILL STRUGGLING. Fact.

My intentions versus what happened Friday-Sunday be like:

cat-jump-fail.gif

Some stuff came to light over the weekend the reeeeeally messed with me, emotionally. We went out for boyfriend's birthday and I stress ate a lot because it involved meeting a side of his family I haven't met yet. Here's a shocker -- the like me. That was sarcasm. I knew they would. I am confident that families always think I'm the shit. Which is odd cause I am always paranoid wondering if other people think I'm the shit. We have weird brains.

But no, no workouts. A little walking. Managed 10k for the WHOLE WEEK which just feels shameful. I am personally asking anyone who is friends with me to message me on FB and harass me if I haven't worked out by 5:30pm CST tonight. I am going home and I am kickboxing, damnit. Or running. One of the two.

I managed to log Friday and Sunday. Saturday was a wash since it was boyfriend's birthday. We has McDonald's for breakfast (his tradition), then Val's burgers for lunch (his choice), and snacks all day with his family, which I avoided ok until I started getting tired and started mindlessly munching. No dinner for me, I wasn't hungry at all after all that. Just very hard to track in any way.

I repeat... Shhhh nothing to see here.... -_-; I'll find a solution for this. My FitBit buzzes at 10 to the hour every hour, so I should just take that as a moment to walk the halls for a few and come back.

TOTALLY forgot this was a thing.

No yoga. Again. UGH.

• Like 3

You are still recovering from a toxic marriage. Trust me, that takes time. I'm almost 3 and a half years out from mine, and in a healthy marriage now. I am still recovering. I don't know if that's what the stuff coming to light was about our not, but it's likely tied in to the lack of motivation.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You are still recovering from a toxic marriage. Trust me, that takes time. I'm almost 3 and a half years out from mine, and in a healthy marriage now. I am still recovering. I don't know if that's what the stuff coming to light was about our not, but it's likely tied in to the lack of motivation.

You're making me make emotional faces. Your support of therealkat is wonderful to read.

And yeah, I also am almost 4 years out of a 8.5 year relationship and I still have flashbacks, IN SPITE of being happily and healthily married to my favorite human (MFH).

• Like 2