therealkat :: Return of the Return of the Frost Archer

thekatisalie

4 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

You're making me make emotional faces. Your support of therealkat is wonderful to read.

Thank you very much. That's kind of my thing :) 

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

KAT IS... DOING OK, ACTUALLY. Fact.

1.      Faster than my arrow? I think not. - Half Marathon Training

I did the thing. I tried Core de Force out last night. It was ok. I didn't like it as much as Les Mill Combat, which felt more balanced (you do every routine on both sides, rather than move sets that just work different muscle groups). I'm going to stick to it for the week to see how I feel. I am DEF sore this morning. I can feel it in my shoulders and core a lot.

2.      No, really, put that apple on your head... - Log Daily and HONESTLY on MyFitnessPal

Including my waffle date with @Ceasefire I logged everything and was still under for the day. I've lost 1.6 pounds again. It's like... it just disappears. It's so weird. It's 90% the food choices I am making with the new nutrition plan. Adding in workouts is just the icing.

3.      Avarosa guide me. - 6,000 steps a day

CLOSE. I was at like 5k. I'm getting there.

4.      For the Freljord! -  Use standing desk for 1 hour a day

TOTALLY forgot this was a thing. AGAIN.

5.      No One Escapes My Aim - Yoga Once a Week (Hip Focused)

No yoga. Again. It's planned for Thursday right now.

• Like 3

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

KAT IS WISE. Fact.

Time did not work on my side to get a workout in last night. I got home and had to arrange a few family things and then we had to go grab dinner for my boyfriend's birthday and off we went to the family to celebrate. Not any down time. I'm most likely doing a longer workout tonight to semi make up for it.

2.      No, really, put that apple on your head... - Log Daily and HONESTLY on MyFitnessPal

I did indeed log, including the buffalo wild wings we had for dinner and the ice cream cake. I was almost 1,000 calories over, but I did so well during the day with eating right that I'm not really upset about it.

Lol nope. I think I will stick with this in this challenge but change up for the next to water or something similar. I'm trying. It's just been so busy with my grandpa's funeral and the holidays and work/life balance...

TOTALLY forgot this was a thing. AGAIN. AGAIN. and we even started a standing challenge at work! UGH.

No yoga. Again. It's planned for Thursday right now.

• Like 2

Side note: AW SHIT GUYS.

I just came up with my first 6 challenges for next year based on this kind of gamified format and I am super excited...................SQUEE. 7 challenges in total, (cause there is always a break challenge), all on the same theme to build up to a final battle. I AM SO EXCITE.

EDIT: OMG I AM SO FRAKING EXCITED THIS IS GETTING COMPLEX AND AMAZING AND I AM SO EXCITED AND I CAN'T WAIT AND OMG YOU GUYS IT'S AMAZING I SHOULD WRITE DnD CAMPAIGNS OR SOME SHIT WOOOOOAH!

• Like 6

I look forward to seeing those awesome challenges.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I look forward to seeing those awesome challenges.

I am stoked. I took this plan for Frost Archer, realizing it is the only challenge that's really motivated me because of the extra gamification, and expanded on it with a different strategy game called Massive Chalice. I am freaking excited.

• Like 1

KAT IS TIRED. Fact.

I got home last night, telling myself I'd be nimble with my workout. Since I missed Tuesday, I had two options -- I could do Dynamic Strength for Core de Force, or I could run the miles I had set for Wednesday. It'd be a toss up as to whether the boyfriend was playing League when I got home. Since his computer is what is set up with my stuff and my fitness equipment, I usually have to wait or ask if he is gaming. He's good about seeing me come home and finish what he is doing and letting me have my 45 minutes. He was playing, so I decided to run... I knew if I sat down I'd not do anything. So off I went. It was INCREDIBLY slow (like 16 minute mile slow) but I did it and I kept reminding myself that I am currently distance training, so time doesn't matter. It's good to remind myself that sometimes.

Yep - getting pretty good at logging daily. It still is so much easier to do when you make your own food. Weekends get hard, but I think I have enough momentum to try!

Lol nope. I think I will stick with this in this challenge but change up for the next to water or something similar. I'm trying. It's just been so busy with my grandpa's YAAAAS. I reached 9,000+ yesterday. A 3 mile run will do that, plus the usual 2500ish at the office.

TOTALLY forgot this was a thing. AGAIN. AGAIN. A G A I N and we even started a standing challenge at work! UGH. 

No yoga. Again. It's planned for today right now.

• Like 2

KAT IS MOTIVATED. Fact.

I got fitness envy last night. In my other Beachbody accountability group, three people were posting about T25, my first program, and I got jealous so I did Speed 2.0. AND I DIED. Not really, but it was HARD and I loved it.

TRACKED ALL TEH FOOOOOD! And I'm slowly seeing the scale go down. I didn't think I could survive on 1500 calories, and here I am, doin it like a pro.

5,098 yesterday - I WAS SO CLOSE. Given it's been a rough week and I was so over yesterday I might just give it to myself to stay motivated.

I stood for an hour to give a presentation I forgot I had to give yesterday, so I am counting it!

I actually did some desk yoga at work, but not enough to count it - My legs are sore today and I have a run tomorrow, so I am hoping to get in a yoga session tonight.

And here is my starting photo. Cause I need to actually start tracking progress. Hidden to spare you all, but here for accountability;

Spoiler

WyZnrPbm.jpg

• Like 3

Great week. Cool that you did a hard program and loved it. I love it when I hit that sweet spot- hard enough to really challenge me, but not so hard I actually do die (or wish I had:smile-new:)

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

KAT IS... OOPS. Fact.

Friday I did not work on Half Marathon things. Saturday I did MMA Strength and it was baller. Like I was giddy and sweaty and dancing in my shower after.

You guys. Saturday hit and I totally forgot tracking was a thing. But 5 days this week I did ok! My eating Saturday was okish... Sunday was not. But I did things like split a cinnabon with a friend and share an order of fries... so I did ok.

Friday I hit it, Saturday I did not, and Sunday I walked 4 miles a the Mall of America and ended with 10k or more steps. So GO ME.

Friday I totally forgot, and the weekends don't count!

I did me some YOGA on Friday! It felt awesome. I did shoulders and hips, since both have been really bothering me. It bugs me that a lot of the time when I do yoga I get annoyed with how little caloric burn there is so I tend to not do it in favor of something with a calorie burn. DUMB.

• Like 5

KAT IS... STARTING THE WEEK RIGHT. Fact.

MMA Shred last night and it was rough. Truth - I got distracted playing with my kitty during one of the breaks, because she was playing fetch with me and she hasn't done that in ages... But I did it! Punches and kicks and all.

LOGGGGGGGED! I got right back on track yesterday. Felt nice.

Under by about 1500 :\ But getting close every day still feels like p

Yeah this toooootally didn't happen.

No yoga! On the docket for Thursday again.

• Like 2

KAT IS TIRED. Fact.

3 mile run last night. It felt good. It was a challenge, but I was averaging a 'typical' for me time for most of it. I'm not fast, I will never be fast, but I can be fast for me... some day. If I keep at it.

Got it all, including the half a slice of cheesecake I had at work. I tend to snack right now because I feel tired or low energy. I look for things that are fatty or carby and it helps,

8000+ baby! WOOOOOO!

TWO HOURS! I did the thing!!

No yoga! On the docket for Thursday again.

I've been tired the last few days. I've been planning a charity stream for December 29th (please come hang out if you can!) and my mind's been going a million miles a minute. I was on stream for 3 hours last night and I'm just tiiiiired. I try to get my streams up at 6pm til 9pm so I have time to workout and eat before hand. I am hoping it's just tired and not getting sick...

• Like 4

I hope you got a good night's sleep and felt better today. Looks like a great day of hitting your goals. I like your point about being fast for you. It's so tempting to compare ourselves to others, but really we just need to focus on improving ourselves.

• Like 1

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Great job on your day! Congrats on getting the run in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.

KAT IS STRUGGLING. Fact.

Nothing - been tired and having a hard time being engaged.

So I've been logging and under cal 75% of the time... I get frustrated when I drop 2.5 pounds and the shoot up 4 for no apparent reason. It's hard to see the point, but I keep going. Missed yesterday, but got the day before logged.

Neither day, no.

One day yes, the other no.

None.

• Like 2

KAT IS STILL STRUGGLING. Fact.

I only got a run in these last three days. I've been struggling mentally a lot lately. I'm not losing, but I'm not gaining either. I keep yoyo-ing the from 170-173. I had to remind myself that two months ago it was yoyo-ing between 175-179 so I AM making progress, just hella slow. I also realized that when I lost all my weight before, it was because I felt like my husband wasn't attracted to me and I was trying to fix something in my relationship that maybe was just in my head. My boyfriend could care less about what I weigh, and he's told me over and over. He thinks I'm beautiful and he loves me, and it has nothing to do with weight. Maybe that makes me feel like I am allowed to 'slack' more? But I do still want to be fitter and trimmer and healthier than I am...

I logged Friday but I totally dropped off over the weekend again. This is not my greatest Frost Archer challenge, but I PROMISE my next will be so much better.

Yesterday I was over 10,000 again. Other than that, nothing remarkable.

One day... the weekends are free.

None.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therealkat said:

I only got a run in these last three days. I've been struggling mentally a lot lately. I'm not losing, but I'm not gaining either. I keep yoyo-ing the from 170-173. I had to remind myself that two months ago it was yoyo-ing between 175-179 so I AM making progress, just hella slow. I also realized that when I lost all my weight before, it was because I felt like my husband wasn't attracted to me and I was trying to fix something in my relationship that maybe was just in my head. My boyfriend could care less about what I weigh, and he's told me over and over. He thinks I'm beautiful and he loves me, and it has nothing to do with weight. Maybe that makes me feel like I am allowed to 'slack' more? But I do still want to be fitter and trimmer and healthier than I am...

Before you were getting fit for someone else, and it was driven by your insecurities and fear. Now you are getting fit for yourself, and it is driven by self-care and self-love. For a long part of your life your insecurities and fear have been more powerful forces than self love. By all means continue your efforts in getting fit and healthy. Having said that, I encourage you to devote most of your mental energies to learning how to love yourself more and building up those self-care and self-love muscles. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't really consider 3 pounds yo- yoing. I think of yo- yoing more as gaining 20 pounds, then losing it, then gaining it .Three pounds is just normal variance. And per usual agreeing with Tank, now is a good time to figure out how to love get fit for yourself

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I wouldn't really consider 3 pounds yo- yoing. I think of yo- yoggi more as gaining 20 pounds, then losing it, then gaining it .Three pounds is just normal variance. And per usual agreeing with Tank, now is a good time to figure out how to love get fit for yourself

Seconding this. I definitely fluctuate between 170 and 175 depending on amount of water I've had, alcohol, and the time of the month. 

3 hours ago, therealkat said:

I also realized that when I lost all my weight before, it was because I felt like my husband wasn't attracted to me and I was trying to fix something in my relationship that maybe was just in my head. My boyfriend could care less about what I weigh, and he's told me over and over. He thinks I'm beautiful and he loves me, and it has nothing to do with weight. Maybe that makes me feel like I am allowed to 'slack' more? But I do still want to be fitter and trimmer and healthier than I am...

I definitely understand where you are coming from with this. For me, it's like a double-edged sword, because getting healthier for "someone else" isn't a good way to be, but it's also easier to stay motivated with that component of external motivation. Would it be helpful to re-frame being fitter and healthier? Like, being fitter could include being faster - and you don't have to be a certain weight to do that. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Before you were getting fit for someone else, and it was driven by your insecurities and fear. Now you are getting fit for yourself, and it is driven by self-care and self-love. For a long part of your life your insecurities and fear have been more powerful forces than self love. By all means continue your efforts in getting fit and healthy. Having said that, I encourage you to devote most of your mental energies to learning how to love yourself more and building up those self-care and self-love muscles. 

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

I wouldn't really consider 3 pounds yo- yoing. I think of yo- yoing more as gaining 20 pounds, then losing it, then gaining it .Three pounds is just normal variance. And per usual agreeing with Tank, now is a good time to figure out how to love get fit for yourself

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Seconding this. I definitely fluctuate between 170 and 175 depending on amount of water I've had, alcohol, and the time of the month. 

I definitely understand where you are coming from with this. For me, it's like a double-edged sword, because getting healthier for "someone else" isn't a good way to be, but it's also easier to stay motivated with that component of external motivation. Would it be helpful to re-frame being fitter and healthier? Like, being fitter could include being faster - and you don't have to be a certain weight to do that. 

Part of me says if I can't call it yo-yoing... I haven't actually lost ANY weight... and that means I still not making any progress and so why the hell keep at it... So... It's what it is... 

And yes... why I thought losing weight might rekindle a physical relationship in my marriage, it was almost easier and I'm trying to realize that if I do the same with the mentality of "lighter = faster, fitter = can go father" I might still be able to stay motivated... I just feel like I've been trying for months and not getting anywhere and it is SO HARD to stay motivated when you feel like you're killing yourself to get things accomplished and all you have to slow for the last 9 months is sometimes a 5 pound loss.

LOGICALLY I know I just need to keep at it. But when I'm tired all the time and I just want to crochet and sleep, it gets hard.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, therealkat said:

Part of me says if I can't call it yo-yoing... I haven't actually lost ANY weight... and that means I still not making any progress and so why the hell keep at it... So... It's what it is... 

And yes... why I thought losing weight might rekindle a physical relationship in my marriage, it was almost easier and I'm trying to realize that if I do the same with the mentality of "lighter = faster, fitter = can go father" I might still be able to stay motivated... I just feel like I've been trying for months and not getting anywhere and it is SO HARD to stay motivated when you feel like you're killing yourself to get things accomplished and all you have to slow for the last 9 months is sometimes a 5 pound loss.

LOGICALLY I know I just need to keep at it. But when I'm tired all the time and I just want to crochet and sleep, it gets hard.

Maybe you need to free yourself from the tyranny of the scale. This is where I invite you to join the Intuitive Eating bandwagon.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Maybe you need to free yourself from the tyranny of the scale.

This!

Shove it in the back of a closet or something and weigh yourself once a month or never! Look at how your clothes fit you, how you feel, how you move. 3lbs is nothing. 10 is a fluctuation. I pint of water weight 1 lb right? So some sodium and some liquid could account for what you're experiencing.

• Like 2

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.