• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thekatisalie

therealkat :: Return of the Return of the Frost Archer

Agreeing with the others. You've been through a lot this last year. Maybe just give yourself permission to not be trying so hard. 

I get the struggling with finding a reason too. My husband loves me, and he thinks I'm pretty no matter what I weigh.Which is wonderful, but yeah, doesn't really motivate me on the keeping in shape.   Like we said, internal motivation is good. But some people are more motivated by external things too, which is fine. Is there something that you can do externally to motivate you? A cool dress in a small size, a race to sign up for, a prize you give yourself for staying within your goals ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Maybe you need to free yourself from the tyranny of the scale. This is where I invite you to join the Intuitive Eating bandwagon.

31 minutes ago, DaemonCorax said:

This!

Shove it in the back of a closet or something and weigh yourself once a month or never! Look at how your clothes fit you, how you feel, how you move. 3lbs is nothing. 10 is a fluctuation. I pint of water weight 1 lb right? So some sodium and some liquid could account for what you're experiencing.

I am trying to do this. I typically weigh once a week, moving to once a month... but my clothes aren't fitting any differently either. So... It's hard for an achiever to feel like such a failure and want to keep going. I'm fighting against that. I'm trying to be nice and patient. But it feels like everything I do does nothing. So I just... keep trying. More running. More veggies. More water. More movement... It was a lot easier when I didn't want to be home and exercise made me leave the house. Now I want to be home and the FOMO battle is hard.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, therealkat said:

I am trying to do this. I typically weigh once a week, moving to once a month... but my clothes aren't fitting any differently either. So... It's hard for an achiever to feel like such a failure and want to keep going. I'm fighting against that. I'm trying to be nice and patient. But it feels like everything I do does nothing. So I just... keep trying. More running. More veggies. More water. More movement... It was a lot easier when I didn't want to be home and exercise made me leave the house. Now I want to be home and the FOMO battle is hard.

You're a good woman who's been through a lot of bad stuff. You are still healing. I think you may still have your self worth tied up with your perception of success on the scale.

• Like 1

KAT IS STILL STILL STRUGGLING. Fact.

1.      Faster than my arrow? I think not. - Half Marathon Training

No workout -- got home and had to leave immediately to go to dinner/Christmas with the boyfriend's family. It was a good night, and I don't regret not working out... This is just going to be yet another bust week. Holidays are hard.

2.      No, really, put that apple on your head... - Log Daily and HONESTLY on MyFitnessPal

Totally forgot. I was a remorseless eating machine yesterday and it didn't help, but honestly it didn't impact me too much. I'm starting to wonder if I'm eating too low... we'll see.

3.      Avarosa guide me. - 6,000 steps a day

Only 3000. I know I have so much more planned for next challenge... Honestly it's what is keeping me trying right now.

4.      For the Freljord! -  Use standing desk for 1 hour a day

Nope.

5.      No One Escapes My Aim - Yoga Once a Week (Hip Focused)

Nope.

• Like 2

Because I'm just looking forward to what's to come... Here is a Battle Log for next year for my 4 weeks... featuring the challenge I wrote out. I figured it would be easier than having to write my rules out every time a challenge started... and I could cleanly keep track of outcomes and stats there!

• Like 2

KAT IS BLAH. Fact.

Another walked through the door just to leave again until 11pm night. I really hope to get a run in this evening.

2.      No, really, put that apple on your head... - Log Daily and HONESTLY on MyFitnessPal

Yeah I totally forgot again. Crap.

Not a great walking day... lots of meetings at work and not time after.

Nope.

Nope.

• Like 2

KAT IS BLAH. Fact.

Nope. My boyfriend was a gem and did laundry, but forgot to dry it... so my only sports bar as sopping wet until 7pm, when we had other things we needed to do. It's ok, universe. I will still make it.

Yeah I totally forgot again. Crap.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

So there is a part of me that's like "Let's just admit the Freljord is screwed" and that I should meh my way out of this little challenge and just prep for the awesome that is my next challenge cause the next week is also gonna be hard. But I'm still here, still checking in, still begin real about my struggles... so I'll take that and go with it.

• Like 1