Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy [Manarelle]

Manarelle

16 hours ago, raptron said:

IT IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WHEN YOU GET STUCK TRYING ON A DRESS BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW LATS WORK AND YOU'RE LIKE SWEATING PROFUSELY AND TRYING TO WRIGGLE FREE IN THE DRESSING ROOM WITHOUT FULLY PANICKING.

Yes.

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

And it's even better when it's an expensive fancy dress that cost $$$ and you're terrified of ripping it.:glee:

YES.

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Holy cow, you guys.  It's like the entire fashion industry is actively punishing fit women :o 

tenor.gif?itemid=3532239

"Fit female" means small and dainty and "I can lift a 7.5 lb weight tee hee" and otherwise you're Helga the Destroyer who should dress in a burlap sack. 

latest?cb=20180608203438

cough cough  no stereotypes here cough.

The boundaries are definitely starting to bend, but the clothing industry is pretty set in its ways. Right now, if you've got muscles (with mass, not just "toned" thinness), your options are 1) size up until it fits the problem area, and the rest of you is a floppy sack, 2) athleisure (no comment), or 3) make your damn own clothes. Or no, I guess 4) spend hundreds of hours browsing every conceivable store for the one item that will fit (and is highly unlikely to be inexpensive), feeling horrible about yourself the entire time, and then discover that they've discontinued that because it didn't sell well so you can't buy more of it and start the process all over again. 

Not that, you know, I'm grumpy about this or anything. :) Getting stuck in dresses, struggling to get out of shirts with sleeves so tight you can't bend your arms, finally finding jeans that fit your thighs but then are stupidly large in the waist, "yay it fits as long as I don't flex anything"... it gets old. 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 54 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Heh, I got a little distracted and forgot to add this. Got the gorget added to the breastplate, started on decorations. Think this is what I'll go with (ignore the sharpie lines on the worbla, those will be painted over). 

27d456a7-b32f-4a07-9619-0fb9a2c90c1d-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds 

I'll add a faux "layer" to the gorget to hide the bubble that's smack in the middle of course, add the bottom decor, then get to priming, painting, and finishing. I think the next step will be the sabotons (foot armor) and then fabric/ leather bits... probably leave the helmet for last because it can be gone without in a pinch. 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 54 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current