Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre! alr's crippled assassin challenge.

alr

Sweet, glad you're feeling better! Decided to bear-walk around my house for a good portion of yesterday just because and thought of you. : P

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I don't think I can finish this challenge. One of my kids has special needs and is in the hospital so I haven't been able to do much more than keep my head above water for the past week or so. I am going to try to do a tabata or two a day so I at least get some exercise without killing myself time-wise, but I really don't have time to do stuff for myself right now and need to focus on bigger stuff at the moment.

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin

life > challenge.

good luck with everything! you know we'll still be here when you have everything sorted out!

(though i do encourage you to take part in this week's challenge - do something fun - and no, cleaning your room absolutely does not count for this one either!!!!! :) )

Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I think I did do the thing I was afraid of. I hate that it was putting my kid in a hospital, but getting her the help she needs is definitely the best thing for everyone, so that was one bonus challenge even if it wasn't something I did FOR a bonus challenge. I am going to go walk tonight, which I desperately need for my own mental health, so it all kind of goes in a big circle here:

taking care of my own health makes me happier and less stressed which makes me able to handle much more important things which gives me the confidence to take time to take care of myself which then keeps me sane enough to take care of everything else, etc.

I appreciate you all so much.

Peter Maurin

*hug* Take care of you and yours, alr. We're thinking of you.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

*hug* Take care of you and yours, alr. We're thinking of you.

Seconded. I'm continually amazed at all that you juggle in your life and at your ability to manage what's obviously a difficult situation. The Challenge is an arbitrarily constructed timeframe; your life is your life. Take care and you know where to find us when you need some nerd camaraderie.

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

I always need nerd camaraderie! Thank you all. I think my daughter is getting the care she needs and I'm just trying to keep all the plates spinning right now. I think that makes it a good time to see how effective tabatas really are, since 4 minutes here and there is pretty much what I've got right now. It's going to be a lot of work getting her stable enough to come home and then keeping her that way, but I know it's going to be for the best.

Peter Maurin

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines