Emcee: Phoenix Rising

EmCee

It's been a long time since I signed into these boards... even longer since I participated in a challenge. There are reasons for my absence - most of which are just related to the ways in which life changes. 

During my previous NF life, I made many friends - most of whom I still speak to regularly, who've become my real-life friends, providing real-life support. These boards and those friends helped me navigate a difficult period in my life and spurred me on to meet most of my health, fitness, and life goals. 

I look back to these boards for inspiration, accountability, and new friends. I have recently gained back 30 lbs of the 100 lbs I originally lost, have developed plantar fasciitis, and - thanks to a lapse in health coverage until January - am sort of in an unmedicated depressed slump. 

As if now, my goals are as follows: 

1) Find a way to exercise four days a week that will not aggravate my feet - yoga, light weightlifting (no squats or deadlifts allowed), spin. 

a) Create a weekly schedule for these workouts that aligns with work and kid schedules and share each Sunday in this challenge thread. 

2) Follow a low-carb, high-fat diet and hold myself accountable by including any slips in my challenge thread. 

a) This will hopefully lead to logging my meals again through MFP but I'm not currently in the headspace for that. 

3) Post four days a week. 

4) Weigh myself daily and take weekly body photos.

I’ve added photos - the first two are before I lost any weight, the middle three are after losing 100 lbs and are basically how I aspire to look again, and the last is my current body. 

F97B743E-44F6-427F-AC94-72A7ADF75889.jpeg

8F80E2C9-56E7-49F7-B4A0-CE6485F552EC.jpeg

A945FB3C-A6AA-4604-AAD2-6424008FDA67.jpeg

B6FB8F17-6FE2-4AB1-8D3C-031EC9926F62.jpeg

524F6ED8-6A2E-402B-B288-6B5BA0610D46.jpeg

6CD23D27-7D57-4CB2-8639-62FCF79C1A77.jpeg

• Like 6

Planned workouts, Week One

11.26 : Stretching & Foam Rolling; Light Cardio *if* possible! 

11.27 : Spin; Back and Legs

11.28 : Everglades Hike *if* hiking partner is available; Hot Yoga substitution 

11.29 : Spin; Shoulders  

11.30 : Rest 

12.1: Rest

6 hours ago, EmCee said:

1) Find a way to exercise four days a week that will not aggravate my feet - yoga, light weightlifting (no squats or deadlifts allowed), spin. 

a) Create a weekly schedule for these workouts that aligns with work and kid schedules and share each Sunday in this challenge thread

What I'm hearing is a lot of bench press, dumbbell curls and other Bro-ness is gonna happen in this thread? Maybe some handstands and pull ups too to round out the rangery-ness of everything? I'm in. 

2) Follow a low-carb, high-fat diet and hold myself accountable by including any slips in my challenge thread. 

a) This will hopefully lead to logging my meals again through MFP but I'm not currently in the headspace for that. 

I am readying the bacon and steak gifs as we speak. 

3) Post four days a week. 

I'll be here four days a week to provide gifs and sass. 

iQy2B.gif?1

• Like 1
6 hours ago, EmCee said:

Planned workouts, Week One

11.26 : Stretching & Foam Rolling; Light Cardio *if* possible! 

11.27 : Spin; Back and Legs

11.28 : Everglades Hike *if* hiking partner is available; Hot Yoga substitution 

11.29 : Spin; Shoulders  

11.30 : Rest 

12.1: Rest

Looks great!

2 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

What I'm hearing is a lot of bench press, dumbbell curls and other Bro-ness is gonna happen in this thread? Maybe some handstands and pull ups too to round out the rangery-ness of everything? I'm in. 

I am readying the bacon and steak gifs as we speak. 

I'll be here four days a week to provide gifs and sass. 

iQy2B.gif?1

If I didn’t know better, I would say your fondness for me is showing. 

I wasn’t going to play tennis today because my feet suck. And I really shouldn’t have but, of course, I did anyways. I wrapped them up in KT tape, wore my special socks, and inserted my special sole. My feet aren’t as aggravated as I expected and I’m gonna soak in an epsom salt bath now and already have a foam roll day planned tomorrow... I imagine I’ll regret the decision to play more when I wake up. 

17 hours ago, Salinger said:

Good luck!!!! Well done on 100lb loss wow x

Thank you so much! It took years of dedication but it’s been many years since and I’m pretty proud that I mostly kept it off!  Ready to get rid of this 30 again though! 

11 hours ago, Xena said:

Looks great!

Thank you! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Hey there! Welcome back.

Mark's Daily apple recently had a article on plantar fasciitis https://www.marksdailyapple.com/plantar-fasciitis-stretches/

Thank you! I’ll check this out when I’m on my laptop! 

3 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

131a78k.gif

<3 

3 hours ago, raptron said:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 

Love you and SO GLAD TO SEE YOUR LOVELY FACE. HUGS.

LOVE YOU!!!

58 minutes ago, jstanlick said:

You're back!!!!! So good to see you!

It’s so good to see you too!! I haven’t seen your challenge yet - is it up?!