• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fonzico

Fonzico's Fierce Feats of Fitness

Blatantly stealing [mention=9216]Tanktimus the Encourager[/mention] 's alliteration title inspiration! I like it. 

Waaah! Last challenge of the year! 

I actually love this challenge - I consider everything accomplished to be a head start on the next year, so it's all bonus gravy, baby.

Also, I love Christmas. Usually. When I'm not stressed out. And considering that I have ONE MEASLY week left in my stressful job! I think I will not be too stressed out at all. 

Aaaaand even if I do not lose ONE MEASLY pound this month, I'm still like practically 20lbs down from the beginning of the year, and that's pretty cool. 

So yeah. I want to give myself a couple Christmas gifts though. I want to be a little fitter. I want my house to be a little cleaner. And I want to avoid going into the holidays all bloated and gross feeling. And so: 

1. Keto. Keto keto keto. Yup. I found my thing. Feel great when I stick to it. Gotta keep it up. 

Goal is

I will NOT make exceptions for the dinner theatre we're going to on the 8th (I mean, they're serving prime rib. Who needs carbs?!). Nor for the birthday celebration for my girl friend on the 14th. Nor the breakfast potluck for my new/old department. Mkay? Mkay. 

2. Workout.

2x kettlebell classes per week. I'm considering getting a pass to the gym at my work too - I'll update this goal if I go ahead with that. 

3. Clean kitchen before bed.

This means: dished done, counters wiped, floors swept. I reeeaaaaally want to make this a perma-habit. Waking up to a clean kitchen is the best way to start the day. 

4. Bonus: Tackle one of the persistent cleaning/purging projects each week. Choose from:

1. Coat closet

2. Linen Closet

3. Kitchen Cupboards

4. Spare Room

5. Rec room in basement

6. Bookshelf in Living room

7. Take an actual load of donations to a place that accepts donations. Obvs. can't be the first task. 

Alright my fair, fearless friends! Let us flay our foes and follow our fancies! Forward!

HairyEvenAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif

• Like 7

On 11/25/2018 at 2:31 PM, Fonzico said:

4. Bonus: Tackle one of the persistent cleaning/purging projects each week. Choose from:

oooh dreaded tasks! My favorite!!

• Like 1

Proper following now that I'm on my computer.....

On 11/25/2018 at 1:31 PM, Fonzico said:

I have ONE MEASLY week left in my stressful job!

Wooohoooo! One more week!

• Like 1

Good start today.

I had an easy out to skip kettlebells, as I missed my bus. AND my sister wasn't coming.

But I went back to my office and begged a ride from a coworker. Incidentally a coworker who has a pass to the new gym at work and may have convinced me to get one too.

And wow, was it a class. The nearest I've come up puking in a while! You see, because sister dearest wasn't there, I had to partner up with someone else. We don't always do this kind of thing, but basically one person does however many reps, and the other person does whatever they're doing until the first person is done.

So like, you have to plank until I've done 10 double squats. Then switch. Etc etc.

Well, the pressure of being with someone else - someone I know, and like, but still - made me work very very hard to do my stuff quickly.

I also used 12kgs for a bit more this time! Including all 3 rounds of the aforementioned double squats. Slowly working my way up there again.

So. Food was good, workout done and kitchen is already cleaned!

I have tomorrow off work (for no reason other than that I need to burn off my banked overtime before the end of the week) so I am planning to tackle one of The List items :D
Then I'm babysitting for my bestie in the evening. Where I WILL resist her house full of junk food. Dammit.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I have tomorrow off work (for no reason other than that I need to burn off my banked overtime before the end of the week)

Isn't that the absolute best feeling in the world?

• Like 1

Oh what the heck, I thought I responded yesterday!? Dang it. That was a long write up... I'll try to remember what I said.

Week One Day Two:

Keto: 25g of carbs. I behaved myself at my friend's house and avoided all the junk. Good girl.

Kitchen: I did NOT feel like cleaning it when I got home, but I figured bailing on a goal a mere two days in to the challenge was weak. So I did the thing.

Bonus tasks:
Since I had the day off, I decided to tackle one of the behemoths on the list: the rec room. It's part workout space (mats, kettlebells and a heavy bag), part disc golf practice and part storage, disc golf related and otherwise.

The storage part had definitely been taking over, and it was seriously starting to get somewhat challenging to make it to the laundry room.

Hubs, (who was supposed to be working on a shirt order... All good though, he's got time) helped clean too, which made it so much better. I'm not sure how long I would have lasted on my own.

It's not done, but it's tremendously better, and finishing the rest will not be bad at all. We also tackled the closet under the stairs... No chosen ones found, but many cob webs. Mostly we just use it to store the Christmas tree, which is why we didn't realize for like 4 years that my brother had shoved bags full of his clothes in there while he lived with us? He claims not to remember doing so...

Anyways. It's all nice now too.

And then, despite bowing out because his dust allergies were getting the best of him... Hubs proceeded to clean the entry way! Too bad that wasn't on my list, eh??

And since he was still cleaning, I kept going. So the living room is nice and clean now too.

I'm feeling very inspired to keep this going so the whole house can look so nice! Haha but cleaning up some of it really throws into relief how bad the other areas are... Oo

Alright! Back to work today, but the count down is on. 3 days!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

:( or should I be glad?

Nice going on all that cleaning and organising, and sticking to your goals! :loyal:

Hmm, I'm not sure... Chosen ones can be more trouble than they're worth sometimes #lookingatyouMrPotter

Elize, I thought you should know, we've named the Christmas owl! He shall officially henceforth be known as King Sowloman

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Hmm, I'm not sure... Chosen ones can be more trouble than they're worth sometimes #lookingatyouMrPotter

Elize, I thought you should know, we've named the Christmas owl! He shall officially henceforth be known as King Sowloman

Yes, that's where my thoughts turned to as well. Would me nice to have a magician around. He could help with the cleaning, but the trouble that usually follows one, is maybe not worth the treat.

Oh, I love that name! A clever/wise name, for a wise bird. Adam said: "ha, ha, that's good". I think he is going to add it to his joke library, if you don't mind.

• Like 1

Nice work on the cleaning! And avoiding junk at your friends house!
Woohoo for all that cleaning!
For real, getting to live in this cleanliness is so wonderful - it's reiterating that the absolute best gift I can give myself is getting the whole place up to this standard!

Why oh why couldn't I just get the neat genetics that run so freely in my family? Both my parents are relentlessly tidy. By both nature AND nurture standards, this should come easy to me!
Yes, that's where my thoughts turned to as well. Would me nice to have a magician around. He could help with the cleaning, but the trouble that usually follows one, is maybe not worth the treat.
Oh, I love that name! A clever/wise name, for a wise bird. Adam said: "ha, ha, that's good". I think he is going to add it to his joke library, if you don't mind.
Hehe yes! Making Adam laugh is the best reward. And puns are the best. I want to hear how he turns this into a joke you can tell though!
  • Like 1

Week One Day Three:

Keto: 21g carbs. Excellent.

Kitchen: Done!

And that's it for Wednesday goals.

My lovely coworkers brought me farewell presents yesterday - of all the things I dislike about my job, the people are NOT the problem!
They got me a gorgeous bouquet, a card full of things that almost made me cry, and a big plate of sausage and cheese! Beautiful people.

I also went over to the new gym (it's in a different building) and asked a few questions about the pass. I picked up the par-q form I need to hand in in order to sign up. If I'm feeling up for a workout on Friday, I'll sign up then.
I am only committing to a month, and especially since kettlebell classes don't run for 2 weeks over the holidays, the timing is good!

So. I think I'm going to add a goal.

I play piano. Badly. I took lessons for 8 years as a child, but I honestly have no natural affinity for it! But still. That's no excuse to let my training go to waste.

There's a few things I learned when I was young that I can still play from muscle memory, but learning new songs is a painful process. But I got it in my head that I desperately needed to learn to play "White Christmas". I bought the sheet music.

And started trying to learn it last night. Ugh. It's so hard. Which is pathetic because I know it's really not that difficult of an arrangement. But I know if I practice more, my music-reading will improve, which will help a lot.
And straight up, I just need to accept that in order to become good at something, you must first suck at it.

So I'm adding a "practice piano for at least 20 minute, 5 nights a week" goal. (4 for this week, since it's half gone). And as added incentive, I'm going to film myself playing White Christmas at the end of the challenge to show you guys, so if I don't want that to be incredibly embarrassing, I'd better practice like I mean it.

Oh man, I'm so going to regret this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Why oh why couldn't I just get the neat genetics that run so freely in my family? Both my parents are relentlessly tidy. By both nature AND nurture standards, this should come easy to me!

My mom was super tidy, my dad just sort of normal. I wish I had more of my mom's tidy genes, but my husband says he's glad I'm not super tidy obsessed:glee:

• Like 1

I had pretty tidy parents too. I think I had to learn to be tidy as an adult because they didn't teach me how to clean. They either didn't realize it needed taught or thought they taught me when they taught my older sister

• Like 1

Week One Day Four

Keto: 19.7g carbs. Perfecto!

Kitchen: cleaned. So tedious. But hubs has been pitching in to dry and put away dishes without being asked lately, which is super nice! And Morning Fonzico appreciates Evening Fonzico every single time.

Kettlebells: check. My sister was SUPPOSED to come, but apparently she forgot and went to Costco instead. I'm slightly miffed - it's not as fun without her. But I made her buy me Parmesan whisps while she was there, so I guess that's a fair trade off.
I wasn't feeling super great, so it wasn't my best workout. But I went, and struggled through as best I could, and that's what matters.

Piano practice: did it! It's still terrible how bad I am haha but I'm trying.

One. More. Day. Actually it's a half day! Even better.

We're celebrating with a date night in tomorrow! Steak, broccoli salad, wine and/or whiskey, and Mario cart. And probably some Sabrina - so hooked right now!

• Like 6