• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fonzico

Fonzico's Fierce Feats of Fitness

That looks like some tasty celebrating!
It was so good! That chocolate whiskey is danger though.

I blew my calorie limit, but amazingly carbs were okay - I'd say that's a cheat done right!

I'd trade my kingdom for a breakfast sandwich this morning though...
  • Like 3

Once again, I swear I replied! I wrote up a whole week one recap... Am I just not hitting send? Or is Tapatalk possessed?

Gah!

Hmm. Well the gist was that the weekend didn't go very well. And I'm still struggling to get back on track.
I felt like I had a good grasp on everything and it's just slipping now. I can't stop eating. I can't motivate myself to clean the kitchen.

I DID go to kettlebells yesterday, and it was good.

And tonight is amazing Mexican restaurant night. I know this is a terrible habit but I'm doing the whole "one last meal of decadence, and I'm back on the wagon" thing.

The good news is that my return to old job yesterday went really well - it felt like coming home :)
I mean, I accomplished very little, because I had to spend the whole day getting access to everything I need to do my job ( didn't quite succeed either - they are SO quick to cut you off when a contract expires, but god forbid they prepare anything in advance! The first two hours of the day were just spent trying to be able to log in, because they revoked my employee status...)

But yeah. I was a little nervous, and I hoped I wasn't putting it on too much of a pedestal. But it was all rather lovely.

• Like 4

I'm glad going back to your old job has been good.

10 hours ago, Fonzico said:

they are SO quick to cut you off when a contract expires, but god forbid they prepare anything in advance!

Haha. I think every place is like that. My old job took 3 days to get me fully set up, but they sure managed to take away my access to the employee portal (where I can see paystubs) the day after my last day

10 hours ago, Fonzico said:

And tonight is amazing Mexican restaurant night. I know this is a terrible habit but I'm doing the whole "one last meal of decadence, and I'm back on the wagon" thing.

Enjoy it, but don't overindulge too much! Then get back on with your goals :)

• Like 1

Congrats on finishing out the old job and moving on to the new (but actually older) job.

That date night meal looked awesome!

• Like 2

I'm glad going back to your old job has been good.

Enjoy it, but don't overindulge too much! Then get back on with your goals
It was so good! I was definitely over full (and I mean, my body is just not used to processing wheat/rice/beans, so extra bloated), but I was able to fully enjoy it without guilt, and be done.
Congrats on finishing out the old job and moving on to the new (but actually older) job.
That date night meal looked awesome!
Thanks! Date night was pretty awesome :)
  • Like 2

Week Two Day Two:

Keto: heck no. I did fast all day before the Mexican meal though, and my beef burrito (as you all should know by now, burritos are my spirit animal) and jalapenos rellanos were totally worth it, as far as very occasional indulgences go. I'm actually feeling good about getting back to my regularly scheduled food choices now though.

Kitchen: Finnnnally got the kitchen cleaned up again. Gotta get back on track with this goal too.

Piano: Nope.

Despite the impending holiday season, I'm confident I can get a decent routine going again here. Basically, I have plans on all the Saturdays and next Friday, but I shouldn't have much going on in the evenings besides kettlebells.

Ah! I can't believe how quickly Christmas is coming!

I'm feeling semi-okay about the gift situation...

For MIL, I'm going to try really really hard to make a pretty serving dish when we go for paint your own pottery night next week. But if it fails, she's easy and fun to buy for, so I'm not too worried.

FIL is the worst - I have no idea.

Niece 1 is getting a couple pairs of geode earrings, which arrived yesterday. Check!

Nephew 1 is getting a shirt that we will make.

Nephew 2 is getting a custom poster. Also yet to be made.

SIL is getting one of those letterboard things.

BIL - his wife is getting him a record player, so I was thinking of getting hubs to make a crate to go with it?

Niece 2 is getting a hoodie that should hopefully arrive in time? Damn postal strike.

Niece 3... No effing clue. Cash?? She's 18 FFS.

Which just leaves hubs. And all my ideas for him are super boring, like clothes and a new quilt.
Ha! Except his sister was asking what to get for him, and I said a Steam GC. But I have a friend who works at a spa with steam rooms, and I thought it would be hilarious to make it look like he was getting a gift certificate for that kind of steam.. so I'm enlisting her help so we can mess with him.

Since my shopping trip last weekend got kiboshed, I think I'll try again this weekend. Hopefully access to better stores will give me some ideas for those lingering IDKs. It's supposed to be nice, so I bet I can convince hubs to come - I'll drop him off at the disc golf course while I shop! Haha

• Like 3

On 11/29/2018 at 3:45 PM, Fonzico said:

I want to hear how he turns this into a joke you can tell though!

What do you call your wise, pet owl? Sowlomon; or What did Solomon call his wise, pet owl? were the two questions he came up with.

On 12/4/2018 at 3:49 PM, Fonzico said:

But yeah. I was a little nervous, and I hoped I wasn't putting it on too much of a pedestal. But it was all rather lovely.

So glad that you are happy back in the old job. Hope your struggles with logging in ends soon.

Good luck with the shopping!

• Like 1

So glad that you are happy back in the old job. Hope your struggles with logging in ends soon.

Good luck with the shopping!
Thanks! Everything is sorted at work now, and things are still great - I'm ridiculously happy right now!
  • Like 1

Week Two Day Three:

Operation Buckle Down, Rudolph is in full effect.

Keto: absolutely! 20g of carbs. Calories where they need to be.

Kitchen: got it!

Piano practice: did it! It is, for brief, fleeting moments, starting to sound like an actual song.

I did a little shopping just in town yesterday. Bought a wooden crate for the record box that hubs has agreed to make pretty. Got some yarn for some crochet projects I have going on. And outdoor Christmas lights! For someone who's kind of obsessed with Christmas and most particularly decorating, it's a travesty that we don't have outdoor lights. It's partly because I have something very specific in mind that I want and can't find AND hubby and I do not have matching tastes in this issue. Who knew that could be a thing? But apparently we both feel strongly.

But since I can't find what I really want anyways (Teal lights, or else alternating green and white), I've just bought what he wants. It's better than nothing!

• Like 3

Week Two Day Four:

Another solid day! Even if the stupid scale doesn't agree.

Keto: 17g carbs. Calories were perfect.

Kitchen: I grumbled, but I did it.

Kettlebells: Yes! I came so close to talking myself out of it. I had forgotten it was KB day just as I was getting home from work. When I realized, which came with remembering that I hadn't washed my preferred workout clothes, I was like "Or, I could... Just... Not?"
(This is why I need my sister!)
I got over myself though, and went and I'm so so so glad I did!
It was a good workout, and I'm finally staring to feel strong again!

Piano: Yep! I don't think it was quite 20 mins, but I'm going to give it to myself.

And today is Friday! Whoopa!
Time to kick some ass and take names! By which of course I mean politely answer the phone and admit people to college.

• Like 4

Nice work again! Especially getting out to KB's even though you almost forgot

11 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Kettlebells: Yes! I came so close to talking myself out of it. I had forgotten it was KB day just as I was getting home from work. When I realized, which came with remembering that I hadn't washed my preferred workout clothes, I was like "Or, I could... Just... Not?" 

I realized part of what's making it so easy for me to get to the gym (so far) is that I pack my bag at least a day ahead of time. Then when it's packed I might as well grab it in the morning and put it in my car. Once it's in my car I might as well bring it into the office. Since I brought it into the office I might as well change right after work. Welp, I might as well go work out since I'm already in workout clothes! I make tiny, non-commital steps over the course of more than a day that make it super easy to take that last step and getting in the gym

• Like 2

Nice work again! Especially getting out to KB's even though you almost forgot

I realized part of what's making it so easy for me to get to the gym (so far) is that I pack my bag at least a day ahead of time. Then when it's packed I might as well grab it in the morning and put it in my car. Once it's in my car I might as well bring it into the office. Since I brought it into the office I might as well change right after work. Welp, I might as well go work out since I'm already in workout clothes! I make tiny, non-commital steps over the course of more than a day that make it super easy to take that last step and getting in the gym
I definitely need to do this! I'm usually pretty good about Mondays, since I go straight from work, I pretty much have to prep in advance, but somehow Thursdays, when I go home for not even an hour, I think I have time...

Week One Day Five:

Keto: 23g carbs, not bad. Calories a touch high.
I made chicken enchiladas using keto crepes for the wraps... It was delicious, but omg so much work. Totally not worth it!

Kitchen: nope.

Piano: nope.

After spending all that time cooking dinner, I was definitely feeling lazy!

Today, I'm going to tackle the heck out of the house. For sure knock at least one item off the beast list. Hopefully two.
Maybe do some shopping.
Then tonight, it's off to the dinner theatre for my in-laws' company Christmas party. Prime rib, here I come!

• Like 4

Coat closet tackled!

Holy crap, I pulled two big garbage bags worth of donations out of there, as well as a bag of garbage.

Whew.

Now I'm going to go drop those donations off RIGHT away, which earns me another check off the list! f3fe0d9de22d0f4268c337e470b4d2d5.jpg

• Like 4

You know, it's true that I've been treading water since July, and I'd really like to make more progress...

But you guys, this skirt was my goal for SO long! It was even on my epic quest list.

It has zero stretch in the waist, so there's no fooling it... But not only it's it on, but I can sit in it!

So Imma revel in that tonight.
d2a1021e5ea590f5c688ec7ddf21a2c7.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Coat closet tackled! 

Nice work, it looks so good in there now

3 hours ago, Fonzico said:

But not only it's it on, but I can sit in it!

Cute skirt! And that's one of the best signs of progress, how clothes fit. Congrats on crossing that off your epic quest list!

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 4:10 PM, Fonzico said:

But since I can't find what I really want anyways (Teal lights, or else alternating green and white), I've just bought what he wants. It's better than nothing!

Good compromise.

On 12/7/2018 at 3:44 PM, Fonzico said:

I got over myself though, and went and I'm so so so glad I did!

Woot! Woot! KB for the win!

That cupboard looks amazing! Good job! And the skirt! You look great! Hope you had an amazing night out!

Guys we got a 2nd dog!

Omg, I saw her pic with a rescue a few weeks ago, and have been gently teasing John about getting a 2nd one..
They just reposted her profile a couple days ago, and I've been obsessed - can't get this dog out of my mind.

Finally last night, I said, I just need to go meet her. We need to see if Hyzer will get along with her anyways, and if it's a no, then I'll let it go.
He agreed.

We both immediately fell head over heels in love!
Meet the newest member of the menagerie:
01fe1af92f7bfb621b866ed0a7060e0b.jpg32f7b8dae855435a73e6ca57e7b336bc.jpg

• Like 4

You got your other dog right before I disappeared from NF! what a coincidence :) 

Good to see you're still here too! and still lifting bells!! 

Oh.. I think the reason you've plateud a bit might also have to do with how you've got almost nothing left to lose. You look great! 

• Like 1

You got your other dog right before I disappeared from NF! what a coincidence  
Good to see you're still here too! and still lifting bells!! 

Oh.. I think the reason you've plateud a bit might also have to do with how you've got almost nothing left to lose. You look great! 

You're alive! It's so good to hear from you!!
If you disappeared right after work got Hyzer, that means it's been like TWO YEARS! How's your little one??

On 12/10/2018 at 3:25 PM, Fonzico said:

You're alive! It's so good to hear from you!!
If you disappeared right after work got Hyzer, that means it's been like TWO YEARS! How's your little one??

Yea I did come back very briefly, but it didn't last.. hopefully better this time :)

The little one is two years old! Crazy. 

• Like 1