• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fonzico

Fonzico's Fierce Feats of Fitness

Okay, so I've been leaning a little on the "eff it" side of things, goal wise lately. I mean, the kitchen actually has been getting cleaned more often than not, but food has been a free for all. I didn't workout on Monday ( because I felt like death after going to physio, but still).
Piano practice has been sporadic at best.

But I've been TRYING not to just dive completely off the deep end. I don't really want to dig myself a hole to climb out of for the new year.

Anyways. I made myself go to kettlebells tonight. We did the 12 days of Christmas, so it works like the song:
2-1
3-2-1
Etc.

I skipped half of round 10, and didn't get to the last round at all, but I still did the rest of this! With a 10kg kettlebell (doubles for the clean and press and rows in addition to the ones labeled doubles)

I'm dying now, but I'm glad I did it :)8dca5f5ba415430c4c10e733a2a4d7fc.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, impressive workout!

The dogs will get there. There might be a bit of jealousy with Puppers1, and as long as you immediately handle new Puppers2 if she goes after the cats, so she learns when she is doing something wrong, that it is wrong, then things will settle down. But you probably know this already.

• Like 1

Hmm let's see.

So Friday, we did the pottery painting thing - I'll have to wait until this Friday to see how it turned out! It's so hard to tell before it's fired.

We went out for dinner at a really great restaurant. I tried not to make totally awful decisions, but it wasn't quite keto. I got beef short rib, which came with mashed potatoes (which I totally ate) and veggies. And I had a rum+eggnog.

Yesterday I was a cleaning machine! I FINALLY got caught up on laundry mountain (which made me realize that we don't have space for all our clothes when they're actually all clean and put away! But put together another bag of donations)

The hall closet is also dealt with (pictured below) so that's another check off the master list. And the spare room is practically done, I'm going to finish it up today. I forgot to take befores... But I can assure you, they were both pretty awful.

Technically, if I do so, I've met my goal for the challenge - since I also did the coat closet and took in donations already, that makes 4 checks. Sure, I dealt with some low hanging fruit, but still! And I still have a week to go so maybe I can get another one done.

Last night I went to my parents for supper (baked chicken thighs and curried cauliflower, yum) with my niece, and then we went to see a radio play version of "It's a Wonderful Life". It was pretty good.

Oh! And I can't remember if I mentioned this yet, but I did apply for that other advising job I was talking about. They have a "strong internal candidate" listed though, which I'm pretty sure is the admin assistant in the department, because they've clearly made amendments to the required qualifications by including "near degree completion" as acceptable, which describes her. Part of me is a little up in arms about it - I, on paper at least, am categorically more qualified than she is, and they should be obliged to seriously consider me... But I honestly don't think they ever don't hire the "strong internal candidate". And then another part of me thinks I should just be happy with where I am. Bah. 5123e4b761ac2bf50c66767990f66b79.jpg

• Like 2

Spare room done! It's not pretty, but at least it's clean up.
93723060e5734a2739c34bf9b2bdda3e.jpg
I think I want to get some wicker baskets for the shelf so it doesn't look so cluttered.
906c0bca097db6d498f853543e3b5f45.jpg
Also, did I ever show you guys the utter cuteness of the story our niece wrote about us (when she was like 7? She's 13 now..)
Haha I love it!
175f38128ed643a3c85257d46c7e0105.jpg

• Like 4

You house looks so nice! Post Christmas is my "turn the coat closet into a usable entry way project", so I'm making notes. I love the turquoise dresser :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 5:00 PM, Fonzico said:

Oh! And I can't remember if I mentioned this yet, but I did apply for that other advising job I was talking about. They have a "strong internal candidate" listed though, which I'm pretty sure is the admin assistant in the department, because they've clearly made amendments to the required qualifications by including "near degree completion" as acceptable, which describes her. Part of me is a little up in arms about it - I, on paper at least, am categorically more qualified than she is, and they should be obliged to seriously consider me... But I honestly don't think they ever don't hire the "strong internal candidate". And then another part of me thinks I should just be happy with where I am. Bah. 

My wife encounters this for almost every application she does. She's a pedagogue but works as a transport expert, so most of the jobs she applies for are with public or local authorities, which are obligated to hold public procedures whenever they have a vacancy, but there's almost always already an internal candidate participating, and the internal ones ALWAYS win.

• Like 1

I like that blanket on the bed! And that story is so cute! Definitely read it at her wedding! Maybe add, now you've gone and done the gross thing yourself and fallen in love and got married
I thought maybe the new pup would like it - once she's house trained, I think we'll try putting her in that room when we leave, instead of the kennel :)

And I love your suggestion! Too cute.
You house looks so nice! Post Christmas is my "turn the coat closet into a usable entry way project", so I'm making notes. I love the turquoise dresser default_smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My sister in law refinished the dresser! It's an ancient one that had been bouncing around the family forever... She did such a good job, didn't she?
My wife encounters this for almost every application she does. She's a pedagogue but works as a transport expert, so most of the jobs she applies for are with public or local authorities, which are obligated to hold public procedures whenever they have a vacancy, but there's almost always already an internal candidate participating, and the internal ones ALWAYS win.
At least they warned me that that was the case? Technically I'm an internal candidate too, which I thought meant that they at least have to justify why they're not interviewing me, especially since I meet all the preferred qualifications... But I still haven't heard anything.

Whatevs. My current job is great, it's all good.
  • Like 1

Week Four Days 1-3:

I skipped Kettlebells on Monday in favor of going to the chiropractor. It was a good decision.

Food Monday and Tuesday was great. Yesterday was off the rails though. Whoops.

It's been a busy week - nothing much besides working and dog walking (the new pup has a lot of energy!) has happened.

Thank God the hubs has been helping with the dishes (even though he's been working lots), or it would be so bad!

We actually enough don't have much going on this weekend. There's a couple gifts to be made, all the wrapping to do, and I want to deep clean the kitchen as a final pre-Christmas gift to myself!
Oh, and make more homemade eggnog - that stuff is ah-mahzing!

I'm planning to go to kettlebells tonight, but I'm going to physio shortly here, so it will depend on how badly she beats me up.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2018 at 1:18 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Nice, going strong this week!

I should probably try to make eggnog or buy some, as I see some shops keep a version. I've never had any, as far as I know.

I think eggnog is a bit of an acquired taste  - and people seem to either absolutely love it, or completely hate it! It's very popular around here this time of year though, but the store bought stuff is absolutely full of junk - thickeners and sugar. No good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I think eggnog is a bit of an acquired taste  - and people seem to either absolutely love it, or completely hate it! It's very popular around here this time of year though, but the store bought stuff is absolutely full of junk - thickeners and sugar. No good. 

Will have to wait for next year.