• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl Puts One Foot In Front Of the Other: Holiday Classic

Santa-Claus-is-Coming-to-Town-Quote-abou

I've actually used this theme before. However, not only is it full of nostalgia for me, it is also a good reminder of how to accomplish my goals. Christmas can be busy, and it can be easy to get overwhelmed. So it's a good time to remember that little steps in the right direction add up.

Light Up the Holidays

On gray days, use my light box

start the day with Bible and prayer

take Vitamin D

write down 3 things I'm thankful for

Small Steps

Each weekday write down the 3 things I want to accomplish during the day, and put them as high priority

At the beginning of the week, write down big things I want to work on

Other stuff:

Enjoy the Holiday food treats and special times. But when I'm at home and it isn't a special meal, eat my normal healthy way

Keep working o P-1

get sleep-

• Like 12

17 hours ago, Kharissandra said:

WOOOO!

I love your challenge; it's a nice way to balance the desire to celebrate the holidays and to stay true to your goals! :D I'm rooting for you, Elastigirl! :D

Thanks

15 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Yes! This season can be magical, but not if we're stressed and bogged down! I hope you find that balance :)

Thanks, 

9 hours ago, Arkania said:

Following :)

Yay!

7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Here!

Hey there!

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Glad to see you again

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

giphy.gif

Thanks, I love Winnie the Pooh!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Let it be known that I shall be coming here for my dosage of holiday cheer.

raw

8 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I felt like something was missing, then I realised you didn't have a thread yet! Happy to be following for Christmas feels.

Hi there! I was enjoying my relaxing zero week, but I'm here now

7 hours ago, jstanlick said:
3 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

Following along too :)

Claymation Christmas special references? Count me in!

welcome santa_promo_shot.jpg

3 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

Following along too :)

hi there!

Starting off with the best part of the day, I did the shoulder stand on the p-bars today! That was the move that a week and a half ago, I flipped and landed on my tailbone and butt, which could be amusing if it weren't so painful. Anyway, when I flipped, it really scared me. I was injured and took the rest of the week off. Then I was really reluctant to try again. I followed some advice from the trainers,  and worked on progressions with one toe on the ground. During my regular training time,  I mainly kept one foot on the ground. Then I was brave enough to lift both feet off for a millisecond. This evening I was watching American Ninja Warrior Junior (those kids are amazing) and I saw several kids fall and get right back at it. And I knew I needed to do that to. I didn't want to be freaked out by my fall. I went and did the shoulder stand on the bars, both feet off the ground, and held it for 5 seconds. And then did it again.. 

I didn't talk much about Thanksgiving, but I had a great time with family. Ate lots of food, visited , and played board games. Then Friday I just sat around , read some, binged watched Netflix, and enjoyed having a lazy day. Saturday we had friends over for game night, and enjoyed that.

Today:

Wrote down and did three things, also wrote  down three big things to accomplish this week, and followed the SAD protocol;.The SAD protocol was very much needed, as it rained all day long. Decided to get my miles for the mini in on the rower instead of walking, as it was fairly dismal outside.

• Like 10

On 11/25/2018 at 7:48 PM, Elastigirl said:

Christmas can be busy, and it can be easy to get overwhelmed. So it's a good time to remember that little steps in the right direction add up.

So, so, so true, EG. Well said! The old Christmas movies are very nostalgic, too. Especially ones that feature a young Kris Kringle that could be my look alike lol!

Image result for young kris kringle

Wolf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfpool said:

So, so, so true, EG. Well said! The old Christmas movies are very nostalgic, too. Especially ones that feature a young Kris Kringle that could be my look alike lol!

Wolf

Fake news. No butt grabbing, no insanity, that penguin feels way too safe in that guy's presence.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well done on the shoulder stand! Also, I hope you find some sunshine in your soul to make up for what is not showing through those rain clouds.

Thanks. As for the sunshine in my soul, your post made me actually thankful for the gray days. The SAD I struggle with is a good reminder to me that my joy is not dependent on outward circumstances, or on feelings, but in my confidence in the Lord and His goodness.

14 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Sounds like a great day! Awesome job getting back up on the horse. 

Thanks

6 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Wolf

:glee: Yes, I see the resemblance.

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Fake news. No butt grabbing, no insanity, that penguin feels way too safe in that guy's presence.

:glee:

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Oh definitely following for the the Elastigirl wisdom to be found here.

I could use all these same habits and reminders!

Thanks, glad to see you

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

You are synonymous with sticking it out, putting one foot in front of the other and going on.

Oh we saw The Incredibles 2 on dvd this weekend and I thought of you.

Thanks so much! Did you enjoy the movie? I thought Jack-Jack was super funny. And I loved Elastigirl's motorcycle

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks. As for the sunshine in my soul, your post made me actually thankful for the gray days. The SAD I struggle with is a good reminder to me that my joy is not dependent on outward circumstances, or on feelings, but in my confidence in the Lord and His goodness.

I think we're from different traditions so you may not know this one, but there is a Hymn entitled "Sunshine in my Soul" we used to sing when I was a kid and I was in churches that used Hymnals.

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think we're from different traditions so you may not know this one, but there is a Hymn entitled "Sunshine in my Soul" we used to sing when I was a kid and I was in churches that used Hymnals.

I hadn't heard it. I looked it up. I love the words!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I thought Jack-Jack was super funny.

Our roommate has decided that our kid is going to be Jack-Jack. I'm slightly terrified. My cat even more so.

• Like 1