Elastigirl Puts One Foot In Front Of the Other: Holiday Classic

3 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

Our roommate has decided that our kid is going to be Jack-Jack. I'm slightly terrified. My cat even more so.

Tell your roommate that means she needs to be Enda Mode babysitter:friendly_wink:

3 hours ago, jstanlick said:

The scene with Jack-Jack and the raccoon had me rolling on the floor.

I loved that. It reminded me of cartoons when I was a kid, like Wil E. Coyote and Roadrunner

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Did you enjoy the movie? I thought Jack-Jack was super funny. And I loved Elastigirl's motorcycle

Yes, we loved it. Jack-Jack was awesome. The boys picked up on a lot of "messages" in that movie, while I just tried to watch it superficially and enjoy the fun.

Elastigirl is amazing on a motorbike!

• Like 1
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:51 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

Yes, we loved it. Jack-Jack was awesome. The boys picked up on a lot of "messages" in that movie, while I just tried to watch it superficially and enjoy the fun.

Elastigirl is amazing on a motorbike!

It is a fun movie. Glad you guys enjoyed it

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:49 AM, TimovieMan said:

Why was I not yet following this???

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bfec6d143364b7967

Glad you made it over here, welcome!

14 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Yikes - that fall sounds scary! But it's so awesome how you got your courage back up afterward!! 

Thanks, it took me a bit. Some people may not have been scared by it, but it did freak me out. The truth is there is a risk I any form of movement of getting hurt. But the alternative of just sitting on your butt usually means you get hurt too.,only then it's by something silly like tying your shoe.

• Like 4

Hmmm, yesterday, wow that seems a while ago.

Listed three things I was thankful for, did 3 three off my list. Only barely, I was trying to cook dinner and my instapot was not heating up. Fought with it forever, finally hubby figured out the sealing ring wasn't on all the way. The plan was to get dinner going, and then get ready so I could go out to our ladies meeting at church. I thought I would have to skip the meeting, but hubby skipped his workout so he could finish the dinner prep, and I could get ready for the meeting. Hubby now goes in to work earlier, then comes home a bit earlier, and works out, while I cook dinner. I try and make sure he gets his workout time in, but after fighting with the Instapot forever, I needed an engineer to come help me out.:friendly_wink:

My friend didn't want to go on a walk with me:apologetic: It was slightly drizzling, and she had just vacationed in Arizona, so it seemed cold. I went on a short walk by myself and did my workout.

Today, my tailbone really doesn't bother me anymore most of the time. I tried today to do my leg workout, with squats and lunges, and my tailbone said nope , not ready for that. I did some standing leg raises (good for L-sit training) and stretches and called it good

• Like 7
6 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Having an engineer in the house can be useful!  I'm glad your tailbone is getting better, hoping it is 100% soon.

Very useful. Thanks, it will be soon

4 minutes ago, Xena said:

grrr

But so glad it's getting better!

Yeah, I get impatient. But it really is almost better

12 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Good news. Here's hoping that qualifier can be dropped soon!

Thanks, I think it will soon.

12 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Oh I can relate to your friend who came back from a lovely sunny warm place and was against the cold drizzle.  Hah!     Keep taking care of that coccyx!   I bruised mine in hockey my first year and it was brutal!

Yeah, our weather is definitely not as lovely as Arizona this time of year. 

Good day today. I wrote three things, but didn't quite finish. Hubby came home early, and then we watched our college team play in the Pac 12 championship. I did get my workout in, and went on a walk. Part of what I was doing today was meal planning for our Christmas tree decorating festivities.  I always make some special  appetizer type foods,  and some treat. I'm making Wonton meatballs (Nomnom paleo recipe) 5-spice Asian Lettuce wraps, chicken wings, and then just some cheese, crackers, chips, and dips. And then I bought some silicone candy molds and am making some dark chocolate/peanut butter cups and orange dark chocolate. 

• Like 7

Part of what I was doing today was meal planning for our Christmas tree decorating festivities.  I always make some special  appetizer type foods,  and some treat. I'm making Wonton meatballs (Nomnom paleo recipe) 5-spice Asian Lettuce wraps, chicken wings, and then just some cheese, crackers, chips, and dips. And then I bought some silicone candy molds and am making some dark chocolate/peanut butter cups and orange dark chocolate. 

Can I please join in on the tree decorating?? Yum!
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yum to all of the above!

Thanks

5 hours ago, annyshay said:

Nice videos EG! The feast sounds excellent as well.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Can I please join in on the tree decorating?? Yum!

Would't that be fun? We could have A Ranger tree decorating party! I have to admit, part of the reason for making the food is to entice my son to come to the party (which has proven to be successful so far)

• Like 2

Kudos on going back to that shoulderstand :o tailbone injuries are sooooooo painful!! Might need some patience and it sounds like you are healing quickly as is. Speaks of great overall health but then again that's hardly surprising :) 

Such nice form of your videos. Strong and graceful, just like we were talking, stop rubbing it in my face will you :D  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Kudos on going back to that shoulderstand :o tailbone injuries are sooooooo painful!! Might need some patience and it sounds like you are healing quickly as is. Speaks of great overall health but then again that's hardly surprising :) 

Such nice form of your videos. Strong and graceful, just like we were talking, stop rubbing it in my face will you :D  

Thanks Yep, patience is needed. I really can do most things now, it's just the  back- and leg related stuff I'm limited on.

It's so wonderful to be called strong and graceful, as that is one of my goals. 

• Like 2

Hi ! Your goals are short and sweet and holiday related, so I hope you don't mind if I tag along. :) I will not be participating in any challenge, but I will try to actually keep a Battle Log when I have time and it always motivates me to do more when participating on NerdFitness.

I usually just start my battle against this time a year against the grey weather, but I have decided to work WITH it this year, and enjoy the festivities, borrow a bit of the wisdom of the Scandinavian countries.  :p 

Good luck!

PS - I forgot to introduce myself a little better: I started out here as a Monk, wanting to get into Tae Chi but since I have decided I need to see what works for my body (and more importantly, with my schedule) so I mostly hang out in the Rebels section. 

16 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Ding Ding

Goal achieved :) Also I can see why you are happy with your weight. So as you say, still worrying about posting from time to time is simply a bad habit of the mind, is all. I'll try to take that to heart.

Thanks.  Thinking about it, when I was a teenager I was unhappy with my body because I was too skinny, in my twenties I was so -so about, then I felt I was too fluffy. Really just want to work on being more thankful for my body and all it can do. Like any habit, it just takes work to change your mind set

5 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Hi ! Your goals are short and sweet and holiday related, so I hope you don't mind if I tag along. :) I will not be participating in any challenge, but I will try to actually keep a Battle Log when I have time and it always motivates me to do more when participating on NerdFitness.

I usually just start my battle against this time a year against the grey weather, but I have decided to work WITH it this year, and enjoy the festivities, borrow a bit of the wisdom of the Scandinavian countries.  :p 

Good luck!

PS - I forgot to introduce myself a little better: I started out here as a Monk, wanting to get into Tae Chi but since I have decided I need to see what works for my body (and more importantly, with my schedule) so I mostly hang out in the Rebels section. 

Waving hello and welcome! Glad to see you.  I am trying to work with the greyness more too. I have candles to light in the evening, so I can enjoy the longer nights and the cozyness. And enjoying  all the festivity that comes with Christmas. 

• Like 1