Jump to content

Elastigirl Puts One Foot In Front Of the Other: Holiday Classic


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, jstanlick said:

I have a 15 year old, 12 year old (well technically he's 11 but he'll be 12 in 6 weeks) and an 8 year old. 

 

Same here. In fact, I'd say more wisdom comes from doing things wrong. When things go right, we don't always think of what could've made it better.

Truth on wisdom And 8 year old are much more fun at Christmas than teenager.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's do week 2 wrap up.

 

I liked @annyshay's questions for the week, so I'm going with that.

 

Wins for the week

Finished the 3 big goals I listed for the week

Most of the time I did the 3 things for the day

Said thank you in prayer

went on walks, spent time outside

used Happy light lamp

memorized Bible verse

kept up with Bible reading

got over my fear on the shoulder stand

did the leg circuit for the first time since I hurt my tailbone

participated in the pull - up PVP

 

Where I am feeling resistance

I'm fine with thinking through the big three things for each day , but hate writing them down

For a long time I have made it a habit to say thank you to God  during my prayer time, for 3 things that happened the day before. Now I am trying to write them down, and it just feels redundant

For this week, I have so many things on the to- do list, I feel super spinny and not sure what is most important. Cause they are all important

 

 

I forget exactly what the third question is- How can I switch my mind set- (Annyshay, maybe you can help me with this one)

For the thank you's - I think I had a good habit with saying it in prayer, and I can drop the writing it down

Three big things- tonight sit down and make lists with hubby and  he and I can prioritize. Also remember that sometimes during this year, we are apt to have more meals that are super easy to prepare (Costco salmon burgers, hamburgers etc) and that is fine. Let go of perfection.

If I feel like writing my 3 big things down, and I remember do that. Otherwise, just take some time in the morning to do a mental list

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

This weekend was good. Game day with friends on Saturday. In the morning , I did the leg circuit (bw squats  and lunges) which was the first time I've been able to do those without pain since I hurt my tailbone, so yay. Then Sunday after church, we had our dance lessons (with our church) In January we are having our ball, so this was our last chance to practice. Last evening, we had a church party. It is catered event. I wore a dressy dress, and put on all the make-up, and enjoyed the chance to be fancy. Good time eating and visiting with friends. They had a dance floor, but only one couple was dancing. I felt awkward about dancing, but then we decided to. It was actually kind of nice, we had lots of room. My husband felt like he had more room to practice doing some spins and turns , so that was fun.

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, annyshay said:

The third question is "How can you shift?" I think it could refer to changing mindset or changing plans, or really whatever is helpful to move forwards.

 

You're doing great as usual!

Thanks. I like the wording of the question. Less a trying to muscle through it with"willpower" and more of a figuring out mentally or through plans what works

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Do you enjoy the paralettes?  I was considering making/buying some of those at some point.  this reminds me to check the gym and see if they have some.  

Yes! They add a skill  aspect to it which is fun, but not near as difficult as rings, so it seems like I can actually do more of the things

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 12:10 AM, Elastigirl said:

Oh yeah, I've had several birthday disasters too. One time, I had this round cake pan, and I was making a baseball cake for my son. Only his birthday is August, and all the frosting was melting, and slid right off the round ball shaped cake.

 

Oh shame! It must have looked funny though. And I'm sure it tastes nice anyhow.

 

On 12/10/2018 at 12:10 AM, Elastigirl said:

 

I sweetened mine with honey. The recipe called for syrup, but I had honey. Maybe that was the problem? Or it was just so cold, the coconut oil was just too hard.

 

No, honey is fine. The coconut oil being too hard can be tricky. I warm it a little until it's liquid and have used honey before as well. I then mix the honey in as I warm it, that works well. But when it cools down to quickly I had trouble mixing as well. Maybe you can keep it warmer until it's all mixed nicely?

After that it's nice for the coconut oil to harden it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Yes! They add a skill  aspect to it which is fun, but not near as difficult as rings, so it seems like I can actually do more of the things

 

That sounds encouraging :D

 

Nice training videos again. The last one seems tricky to keep shoulders away from ears and also not as fluid to start with as the other two. Is it a newer move for you or were you too busy checking if the camera had the right angle ;) later reps look nice and smooth again

I love the continuity with which you build your skills, it takes so much patience, I always struggle with that.

 

It's easy to see the solid foundation in your moves and I'll take that as a reminder to work that patience in though. Your back is very nice and straight, your core obviously really stable and strong.

 

No wonder your tailbone is recovering so nicely. Great job.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

This weekend was good. Game day with friends on Saturday. In the morning , I did the leg circuit (bw squats  and lunges) which was the first time I've been able to do those without pain since I hurt my tailbone, so yay. Then Sunday after church, we had our dance lessons (with our church) In January we are having our ball, so this was our last chance to practice. Last evening, we had a church party. It is catered event. I wore a dressy dress, and put on all the make-up, and enjoyed the chance to be fancy. Good time eating and visiting with friends. They had a dance floor, but only one couple was dancing. I felt awkward about dancing, but then we decided to. It was actually kind of nice, we had lots of room. My husband felt like he had more room to practice doing some spins and turns , so that was fun.

 

 

Glad tailbone aches are gone, and yeay! for dancing. When are we going to get a photo of a dressed-up Elastigirl? Glad you had fun.

Looked with different eyes at your videos after reading some of LFD's comments. I'm learning what to look for, and how much you are putting in. Nice going on the regular Elastigirl tenacity.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Your videos are always so amazing.  And man that church ball sounds so fun! :)    Not going to lie, at first, all the lights and decorations in your videos... I thought you were AT the church, in the area they are setting up for a ball.  It looks so festive!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

 

Oh shame! It must have looked funny though. And I'm sure it tastes nice anyhow.

 

 

No, honey is fine. The coconut oil being too hard can be tricky. I warm it a little until it's liquid and have used honey before as well. I then mix the honey in as I warm it, that works well. But when it cools down to quickly I had trouble mixing as well. Maybe you can keep it warmer until it's all mixed nicely?

After that it's nice for the coconut oil to harden it.

I think we bailed on the cake and bought store bought. We probably ate the first one too though. I don't think it ruined my son's childhood:glee:

It was super cold outside that day, so the coconut oil hardened up super fast.  I think if I want to make the candy again, I would turn the heat up a bit, so the house was warmer.

21 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

 

That sounds encouraging :D

 

Nice training videos again. The last one seems tricky to keep shoulders away from ears and also not as fluid to start with as the other two. Is it a newer move for you or were you too busy checking if the camera had the right angle ;) later reps look nice and smooth again

I love the continuity with which you build your skills, it takes so much patience, I always struggle with that.

 

It's easy to see the solid foundation in your moves and I'll take that as a reminder to work that patience in though. Your back is very nice and straight, your core obviously really stable and strong.

 

No wonder your tailbone is recovering so nicely. Great job.

Thanks.  That last video is my nemesis movement, the inverted press. I've actually ben working on it for a while. But it always just feels so awkward, I just can't get a feel for it. I'm blaming my non co-operative hamstrings.:friendly_wink:

19 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Glad tailbone aches are gone, and yeay! for dancing. When are we going to get a photo of a dressed-up Elastigirl? Glad you had fun.

Looked with different eyes at your videos after reading some of LFD's comments. I'm learning what to look for, and how much you are putting in. Nice going on the regular Elastigirl tenacity.

Thanks. I find that looking at other people's videos with a discerning eye helps me in my movement training

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Your videos are always so amazing.  And man that church ball sounds so fun! :)    Not going to lie, at first, all the lights and decorations in your videos... I thought you were AT the church, in the area they are setting up for a ball.  It looks so festive!

Thanks. My husband put up the extra lights  downstairs. It makes me so happy when I go downstairs to work out. It feels like a festive workout!

11 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Love the decorations in the videos! :D  

Thanks. See my note to Puck above.  I think you were the one who got me started on having a sparkly workout area. One of your videos one time had lights hung up, and I ever since then I've decorated our downstairs.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night hubby and I sat down and planned on when and what we are doing for Christmas, and made to- do lists. We also had a few maybe's for party stuff to do , that we declined, to give us time to do other stuff. I felt much better after we made the list.

 

Good day today. Had friends over for prayer, then went on a walk with my friend.Then came home and worked out.

 

I sort of planned three things today. I had decided not to write them down, but the thing about writing it down is that makes it more decisive.That way I don't start to work on one thing, then go to something else, and then switch over. I think, hey I can't switch because this is the big thing I need to do today. So tomorrow I will write it down. Still, I think giving mysef permission to not write it was good. Now I know that it does actually work better, and I will be more inclined to do it

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

it's so cool to watch you work on the paralettes! Your tucked L-sit (is that the right name?) looks really really solid. 

Also pretty amazing you and your husband decided to dance anyway :) That's something I aspire to! As a future goal. Have to take some dancing lessons first though.. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

it's so cool to watch you work on the paralettes! Your tucked L-sit (is that the right name?) looks really really solid. 

Also pretty amazing you and your husband decided to dance anyway :) That's something I aspire to! As a future goal. Have to take some dancing lessons first though.. 

Thanks. I think having dance classes helped my confidence. And the fact that nobody was paying attention to us dancing

3 hours ago, Arkania said:

You are so cute :wub:

thanks

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm let's see. It's been a bit since I posted

Friday; I did my work out in the morning. Both my son and hubby took the day off. We decided to have a game day. So we played Marvel, Sentinels of The Unvierse. It's a co op deck building card game. Each player choose a hero, the hero has special powers. Then you choose a villain, Game play is playing cards to try and defeat the villain.The villain ( not a player just a card deck ) has cards that they play against you. It's fun. I was The Wraith. She has special healing powers, and at one point during the game  I sutured my own bleeding arm, so she was a pretty bad -ass heroine. Then we went to Mod Pizza, and then a special Christmas parade. The parade was fun, made all the more interesting because we were having a windstorm. The elves and Chistmas mice all had to walk around holding on to their hats so they didn't blow off. And the flag wavers were almost blown over by the wind. And at the end of the parade, they have machines on the side of the building that are supposed to blow snow out on everyone. Only the wind was blowing so hard, the snow just went sideways and never landed.

 

Got up in time Saturday for a 20 minute walk,then  we went and watched my best friend's kids (teenagers) go for their black belts in Tae Kwon Do. It was really inspirational to see them, and all the others who had worked so hard, doing some amazing things. They have to learn over 100 form (stances)  plus they  did cool stuff like break bricks and boards

 

Then Saturday evening we went out to dinner with friends and then watched Handel's Messiah at the  symphony downtown, which was amazing.

 

Sunday, well this morning was interesting. At breakfast, my husband lit the Advent candles. Then he finished breakfast before me. He asked if he should put out the candles, or if I wanted to after I finished breakfast. I said I would. Fast forward to us sitting at church. The pastor says something about Advent. I freak out, can't remember if I ever blew out the candles. Hubby and I whisper discuss it. He decided to go home and check (15 minute drive) He drives home, misses the sermon, but gets back in time for communion. Yes, I had remembered to blow them out:redface-new:

 

In the afternoon we drove downtown to a local candy shop. It is a tradition to buy candy  and fancy hot cocoa for Christmas eve. They have really good chocolate, and vegan (meaning no dairy I can have) chocolate candy. Then I talked my husband into going to  the vegan gluten free bakery. I had a cupcake and hot chocolate.  

 

This week's wrap up. Honestly, I'm not feeling into this challenge. I've been doing my workouts. Eating, as you  can see above, is not the best, but honestly it's not the worst either. I haven't been writing down three things, but I'm getting stuff done. Probably more haphzard than I should, but, eh, it's getting done. I've made a master list of to do's and stuff is getting crossed off, so I'm counting it as good.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

The symphony! How wonderful. I haven't been in years and years but it always whisks me away to somewhere else.

You know the fact that you're not super into the challenge but your baseline routines are as good as they are is pretty great.

The Christmas parade sounds pretty great. I love it when the weather shows up to make things interesting! Here on the Front Range we had some serious wind Saturday too!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

what a fun weekend!

 

Looks to me like you are doing very well. Especially for a holiday theme :) 

Thanks

12 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

The symphony! How wonderful. I haven't been in years and years but it always whisks me away to somewhere else.

You know the fact that you're not super into the challenge but your baseline routines are as good as they are is pretty great.

The Christmas parade sounds pretty great. I love it when the weather shows up to make things interesting! Here on the Front Range we had some serious wind Saturday too!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was lovely. Ad fun to be with friends and get all dressed up. Thanks. I am happy with the fact that I have some solid routines, which I think help a bunch

Tis the season for wild weather I guess. We're supposed to have another storm tonight. Right now I can hear the rain coming down pretty hard outside

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did my P-1 workout.Went on a 20 minute walk. Did some online Christmas shopping. Now I have all hubby's gifts bought. Tonight he and I are going online to finish  shopping for our son. I did a bit of Christmas crafting. My husband made some pretty wooden snowflake ornaments. My job is to glue bead o them (done) and then hang a bead in the middle. I couldn't get the bead to hang right, so hubby is also going to so if he can figure that out tonight. Oh, today I also planned meals for this week, and for our special meals next week

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow what a variety of experiences this past weekend! Everything sounds amazing and a lot of fun.

On 12/17/2018 at 3:29 AM, Elastigirl said:

This week's wrap up. Honestly, I'm not feeling into this challenge. I've been doing my workouts. Eating, as you  can see above, is not the best, but honestly it's not the worst either. I haven't been writing down three things, but I'm getting stuff done. Probably more haphzard than I should, but, eh, it's getting done. I've made a master list of to do's and stuff is getting crossed off, so I'm counting it as good.

image.png.7cb39e0b0caf0291ae7f0707d80ef7de.png

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hehe I had to laugh out loud about the candle story :) 

Probably better to check eh, don't want the house to burn down. 

so if you're not doing dairy, how do you have hot chocolate? I'm actually dying to know because I'm really missing it, been no dairy for 2 years now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...