• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I'm great at making plans.  I am a charter member of the People's Front of Judea:

But I still haven't lost 25lbs, I still hit snooze and rush out the door in the morning, I still don't get the dishes washed up...

I have plenty of plans in place, plenty of strategy, I know what I must do and have the time to do it, so now it is time for me to

ab4.jpg.bb178114ba56e06b24bb440a4b70ea0c.jpg

1) Wake up early and go to gym

• I already have my gym clothes already at the gym, I have the ability to set an alarm clock, I already have a plan... so I need to

2) Minimalize My Useless Shit

• I already have a weekly cleaning to-do list, I already have the ability to throw shit out that I don't need, so I need to 

3) Mindfulness

• I already have my yoga mat laid out with all I need for practice, I already have the online membership for yoga classes, I need to 

Starting Monday, I will take action.

• Like 2

Progess at Day Three: starting slow, but am achieving some small goals, which is giving me motivation and momentum.  Finally able to get out of bed earlier than usual, but not early enough yet to hit gym in a.m.  Started to catch up on cleaning, will soon be able to tackle bigger chores.  Haven't got to any yoga yet :( - will get to it tonight (now that I said it, I must).

• Like 1

5 second rule man.

The snooze button is my favorite but Tis my Enemy.

I jolt right out of bed when I here it (when it’s one of my goals tee her)

same with going to the gym, as I pull out of work parking lot, sit at the light, I immediately turn left.

i can’t remember We talks about the “5 second rule” but basically, if you don’t do it within 5 seconds when you feel the urge, it’s likely you won’t do it at all, so...

JUST DO IT!

By the way, did you draw that? And is that Shia LaBeouf?

On 11/28/2018 at 7:34 PM, Butternut said:

By the way, did you draw that? And is that Shia LaBeouf?

To me, it looks like Wil Wheaton.

Following! I love this challenge! Truly, making yourself go get started and actually do the thing is the hardest part of all.

Did you make it to yoga?

So, yes, that is Shia LaBeouf, and no that is not my art, I shamelessly stole it from the interwebs.

And yes, I did get to yoga, so yay for that.

I am keeping track of all the things I want to accomplish in a spreadsheet.  Essentially, if I Just Do one of my daily things, it gets a check mark.  I have found the visual representation of progress helpful and it gives me motivation to want to get everything checked off, every day.  So far, I have come close to getting everything done (there is a lot more on my list than the three things listed above, about ten different daily goals), but haven't got the gold star for complete achievement yet.  It also is helping me stay honest, as I see what I have and more importantly have not done.

• Like 1

Whelp, I think I've learned a very important lesson: waking up early equals no exercise. 

As I mentioned before, I have been keeping track of various activities with a spreadsheet, and I noticed a trend: before 4 Week Challenge, I went to the gymn regularly in the evenings, just not every day... After starting 4 Week Challenge and trying to go to the gym before work in the morning, I haven't gone once.  So I have decided this is bad and am going to change things up.  Still going to wake up earlier to get other stuff done, I'm just going to switch back to gym in the evenings.

Otherwise cleaning and yoga progress in on track.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wondering_piper said:

Ding ding ding!! First perfect day!  Fitness, yoga, cleaning, plus the other six daily goals completed.  First perfect day since I started keeping track over a month ago!! Woot-woot!!!

Yay, well done! It's such a good feeling :D