• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kharissandra

Chapter 4: Khari's Faevorite Time of Year

Hey, nerrrrds :D It makes me so happy that we all have that and fitness stuff in common. 

Guess what? I got a total of 4 workouts this week. One being that hybrid. Didn't make it out today because life stuff, but I'm getting there. I also found a couple other people in rl who are starting to think about the new year and fitness goals. I might be in for a support team in my hometown (I will keep you all updated on any shenanagins we get into :D ) It's been a really good final week for the challenge, getting to bed on time, hitting my workouts, discovering that Google Fit will notice when I work out, which is strangely motivating...and I've really appreciated knowing you were all here, wanting me to succeed. <3 it really helps a lot. 

On 12/21/2018 at 9:37 AM, Sylvaa said:

You aren't going to undo all of your hard work off of one evening

Thanks for that reminder. I'm definitely not where I want to be killing off my sugar-fiend, but I will eventually get there. I do sometimes super worry about how out of control I feel with it. I've been doing a lot better the last couple of days though. 

I'll be back before challenge end, hopefully with a plan for the break and a wrap-up :) Thanks for all the support guys. I feel like I've learned a lot this challenge and cannot wait to see what goes on in 2019. 

• Like 4

On 12/20/2018 at 3:17 PM, Kharissandra said:

So, good news, I've done 2 runs, 1 strength workout, and in the middle of the second run I threw in some strength training for funsies (?). So I'm mostly back on track there. (I missed my run yesterday, but I didn't want to miss my strength day today, so I added a few reps of bw stuff half-way. Cooomprommmiiiise???) I've also been being majorly successful getting to bed on time this week. (Full stats later, lol.) 

Hey, you might have missed a run but you still got in some strength training. And you might be out of spoons, but it still sounds like you did a lot this week. Nice job! Don't forget to celebrate those wins. ;) 

Related image

On 12/20/2018 at 3:17 PM, Kharissandra said:

Oh and @Jupiter? Stole the idea from Steve. https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/comic-book-hero/ Having a nemesis is rad. I bet her the same $10 that I would go on another workout in the morning, knowing I didn't feel like it. And I went. Try it out! :D

Hmmm, I may have to. I need to think about who would be the perfect nemesis. 

Image result for rubs hands together meme

• Like 1

Just an update: 

Normally I push to set a good example for myself on New Years Day. A sort of superstition almost; trying to wear all my good habits for a solid day, proving that it's possible. Today was not that. It was chill, and very hobbit. I rose late, I'm going to bed even later. And yet, I know this isn't the end of the journey or the UNFORGIVEABLE trespass it once would have been. I did nothing but enjoy today. Some of my choices could have been better, some of them could have been worse. And sitting down on the side of the road today doesn't invalidate the path I'm on. 

I think it took last challenge, and all of your support during the last several, to come to terms with that. Happy New Year, you wonderful, rebellious beans! Here's to changing the world by changing our worlds. <3

• Like 3

On 1/1/2019 at 11:06 PM, Kharissandra said:

Normally I push to set a good example for myself on New Years Day. A sort of superstition almost; trying to wear all my good habits for a solid day, proving that it's possible. Today was not that. It was chill, and very hobbit. I rose late, I'm going to bed even later. And yet, I know this isn't the end of the journey or the UNFORGIVEABLE trespass it once would have been. I did nothing but enjoy today. Some of my choices could have been better, some of them could have been worse. And sitting down on the side of the road today doesn't invalidate the path I'm on. 

I think it took last challenge, and all of your support during the last several, to come to terms with that. Happy New Year, you wonderful, rebellious beans! Here's to changing the world by changing our worlds. <3

That might be the most positive message about self-care I've ever seen.  Mindset Level Up, ding!