• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shello

Shello's Intentional Challenge

Thursday

MFP was not happy with Thursday.  I fasted until lunch and had the usual.  I had more unexplained peanut butter cups show up so I had one of those and stashed the rest.  I hit the gym right after work and then had to get a few things done before dinner date guy stopped over.  I didn't have much time to eat dinner so I had the quarter of a loaded baked potato that I couldn't finish from the other night.  Later in the evening I had some strawberries with cream cheese frosting (so good!) and some chocolate milk but still didn't quite hit the 1,000 calorie mark.  

Friday

I made up for the low calories by starting the day properly with a package of strawberry poptarts.  We had a holiday buffet for lunch at work so I had some ham, corn, and mashed potatoes and gravy.  Peach wasn't feeling well at school so I had to rush out to pick her up and run her home.  That helped me to stay away from the dessert table at the buffet.  I had a few mini peanut butter cups.  For dinner I grabbed a frozen pizza and shared it with Peach.  I had more than my share and felt gross the rest of the night.  I was super tired anyway from staying up the night before so I gave up on doing anything productive and went to bed early.  

• Like 6

On 12/16/2018 at 12:09 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Is this looking like it might become a regular thing? 

Image result for hopeful gif

Image result for very much yes gif

It is certainly shaping up that way. . . 

• Like 1

Saturday

I hit the boot camp class again first thing Saturday morning, and by first thing in the morning not until 10am but I still had to set an alarm to get there on time. I'm glad I started going.  I really like the environment.  Everyone sort of knows each other so there's a sense of community but not so much that it inhibits my sense of competition.  I didn't eat ahead of time because I didn't wake up soon enough and I didn't want a full stomach.  I opted for some chocolate milk on the way.  I worked up an appetite but I had a long day of shuttling teens around town so I opted to grab some 'day old' jimmy john's bread on the way back from picking up Qbert's girlfriend.  I made subs at home for everyone, couldn't quite finish my whole one.  The rest of the day was spent on 3 more separate trips shuttling teens around and making Peach's christmas gift.  I'm not sure how that took so much time but it all just sucked the life out of the day.  I had intended to get all my Christmas baking done but by the end of the day I had no energy left.  I had a loaded baked potato for dinner and without thinking I just ate the whole thing and then regretted it for the rest of the night.  IF has been so much easier lately and I just haven't needed much food.  So it doesn't take much to go overboard. 

Sunday

I was up late chatting with Dinner Date Guy and then Peach came in my room crying from an earache.  It took me almost 2 hours to get her calmed down enough to sleep.  She had a friend sleeping over but since she was so miserable she wanted to sleep with me.  Once she fell asleep I was afraid to move in case I woke her up and it started all over.  I didn't get to sleep until 4am.  I slept in Sunday so I ate right away... it was practically lunch time.  I had half an english muffin with peanut butter and half a banana.  That held me over until dinner.  I spent the day baking cookies and made 3 kinds of cookies for Christmas, 13 dozen in total, plus made a meatloaf for dinner for the week and got some laundry done.  It was exhausting and didn't even really get very many steps in.  Calories were in the 1100-1200 range for each day over the weekend.  It's low but I didn't really feel like I was missing anything.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Terah said:

Your life is so ful and busy, you're doing an amazing job! 

I hope Peach is feeling a little better

I've been doing a good job this challenge of not over-committing myself but that has all been blown out of the water this week.  It's been crazy busy.  

• Like 1

Monday

I"m behind on posting again so I'll try to keep these short so as not to bore everyone.  According to MFP monday was 1125 calories.   I went out for lunch with Dinner Date Guy to a burger joint.. I couldn't finish the burger and barely touched the fries.  A local bakery dropped off some mini cupcakes so I had one of those after lunch.  I wasn't really hungry at dinner time but Peach had made some mac and cheese and didn't finish it so I had the last little bit.  It was a scouts night so no workout happened.  I got really annoyed after the meeting for no good reason and then realized the signs of a migraine.  I had some things to do in the evening but couldn't drag myself to do them. 

Tuesday

I didn't have a full blown migraine the next day but it was definitely hanging out waiting for an opportunity.  Basically all I ate all day was a poptart, meatloaf, and some peanut butter cups...(not at all at the same time).  1253 calories.  I was supposed to get that free training session at the gym.  I thought a workout might help my headache but it was just strong enough to make me feel weak so I decided to skip it.  I meant to call and rechedule but it slipped my mind.  I spent the evening on grading, and christmas prep.

Wednesday

Dinner Date guy was upgraded to BF.  We went out for lunch again, this time to a pizza place.  I ate more pizza than I needed but it's my weakness and why not?  He sent the leftovers home with me so I had a couple more slices for dinner.  Other than a slice of someone's retirement cake at work that was the day's food in total.  1730 calories.  Still no workout and still had a migraine.  I got all the gifts wrapped and Peach finished up our cookies.  That left me with some time for a bath.  I used one of the Lush bath oil bombs and relaxed there for awhile.  My headache felt better but that reprive didn't really last.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Argh! Super excited about the boyfriend. argh!!!!!!

Right?  Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Boyfriend?!? We don’t even know anything about him yet.

He's amazing and treats me like a Queen.  

51 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Nice attempt at being casual about this. It stood out quite clearly and I'm happy for you, though calling him Dinner Date Guy was starting to be fun.

At least I get points for trying. :)  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Boyfriend?!? We don’t even know anything about him yet.

Right? It's like she doesn't think she has to consult us or something. I mean... c'mon Shello. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, deftona said:

Right? It's like she doesn't think she has to consult us or something. I mean... c'mon Shello. 

LOL.  Oh no, I know better than that.  OK, what does everyone want to know? 

He's smart, well spoken, compassionate, a hard worker, and has the same sense of humor as me.  He'd fit in with the Doodlies in a heartbeat.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaemonCorax said:

Can we call him DDG anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would all certainly know who we were talking about it.  It works! 

• Like 1

Challenge Summary

This challenge has been pretty refreshing.  I only had a single goal to deal with and I basically just did what I wanted except for that week right before Christmas where my procrastinating got the best of me.   

Food - This has just really worked.  I don't even think I can take credit for it.  It's just been easier to notice when I've had enough and I've allowed it to take a higher priority over the habit to just eat what's in front of me.   I'm afraid to change anything for fear that I will lose the power somehow.  

Fitnessing - Other than traveling over Christmas, I also somehow fell into a 3 workout a week routine.  I've been really enjoying the Saturday boot camp and then I'll hit the local gym for some cardio 2x.  This is less than I've always planned on previously but since I've been sticking with it I'm getting more than I often do. 

Time Management - I haven't necessarily been more productive than usual.  I didn't make any progress on any home improvement projects or hobbies.  But I got done what I needed to get done, cut some things that turns out didn't really need to get done, and overall felt a lot less guilt about not 'being productive' despite being busy.  This is a huge win for me and I hope I can continue this forward into 2019.  

With just a few days left before the end of the year, I've lost about 8 pounds this challenge, including losing 1/2 pound or so over Christmas.  I'm making good choices, I'm successful enough in my endeavors, and I'm happier than I've ever been.  This is a good place to end the year.  

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Shello said:

With just a few days left before the end of the year, I've lost about 8 pounds this challenge, including losing 1/2 pound or so over Christmas.  I'm making good choices, I'm successful enough in my endeavors, and I'm happier than I've ever been.  This is a good place to end the year.  

I'm very happy for you.