Space Ranger Training School

Health and Fitness Challenges:

1.  Follow my Precision Nutrition exercise habits consistently each day for the duration of the challenge.
  2. Follow my Precision Nutrition nutrition habits each day for the duration of the challenge.
  3. Attend one yoga class per week for each week of the challenge.

And the Level Up challenge:

1. Save 10p per day of the challenge (approximately 13¢ per day)
  • Like 1

Quick first update!

Day one has been a bit of a win, since it's done and everything is ticked off the list.

I ate four meals today instead of the usual three; extra grub, get those gains. I've had a rough couple of weeks with the nutrition habits; first my blender broke and I didn't have the cash to replace and second, family stress has put me off my habits waaaaay more than I realised it did (thank you habit tracker). That's meant my weight has dropped slightly (probably body fat, but still stressed about it). So today, I ate when I was hungry and I ate a meal of lean protein, slow-release carbs and a good serving of veg each time. Boom.

Exercise habit was nearly a miss. I'd been planning on going to a yoga class tonight to smash goal three at the start of the week. Somehow I talked myself out of it; spending time with loved ones and also Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. so not wanting to miss the exercise habit for the day I did a quick 15 minute HIIT workout courtesy of Fitness Blender. Got a huge sweat on which was both rewarding (endorphins) and slightly worrying (Cardio fitness?).

10 shiny pennies went in the savings account.

EDIT: 

Teriyaki Beef in the slow cooker has got me covered for protein all day tomorrow & I'm mixing up overnight oats (breakfast) when I've done typing this.

• Like 2

Yummy! Good thing I ate lunch already!

Welcome to the rebellion! Looks like you're already jumping right into the swing of things :) 

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES Learns to Wrestle!

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 74

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

3 hours ago, Son of Zurg said:

bit of a win

Good job!  And welcome!  Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Day Two:

Nutrition habits done.

Over-slept this morning, though that's a technical positive if I'm looking to gain mass right? It would have meant one less meal than yesterday, but I saw an opportunity to get some extra nutrition by ordering a protein shake post workout; mango, blueberries, kale, nuts, protein powder.

Workout habits done.

Battled it today. Body wanted to quit 2/3 of the way through the workout. Mind considered quitting 1/2 way through the sets. Knew I'd feel proud of myself and set a good precedent if I stayed until the end; so I did.

Yoga: That's happening on a rest day. I really wish I hadn't picked this goal! I don't know why I'm resisting it so much...

Lifestyle: 10 shiny pennies went in the savings fund.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Son of Zurg said:

Yoga: Planning on doing that on Friday, but only because I said I would. I'm still resisting this one, for some reason.

Are you yogaing in a class at a studio, or at home?

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

This is a good question. I had found a good teacher where I used to live and I was a thousand times more likely to go to that class than do it at home, even though it cost more than it should for each class and I actually enjoy it a decent amount. In short, it'll be a long time before I make yoga a goal again. :lol: But I wish you the best of luck/will-power!

• Like 2

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

14 hours ago, Cheetah said:

That's at a class.

EDIT:

While I'm typing I got thinking/realising that I would be happy following one of the NF Yoga flows at home, or following a stretching program like I did yesterday. That'd be awesome. I just don't want to go to a class. 

• Like 2

Day Four:

Nutrition Habits:

Done and Done. Got my meals in. Haven't prepped much for tomorrow and I need to order meat/veg to be ready for next week. There's a four day weekend here so I've got two hopes of that happening. Trip to the supermarket coming up this weekend, just to get me through until Tuesday.

Exercise Habits:

Done. Today was gym day and I feel like maybe PN were letting me off as it's the last day of the week and I've been working my butt off. Still left in a sweaty mess, but I was able to walk down the stairs without holding on to the wall.

Yoga: Ear-marked for tomorrow morning. Got a meeting that I'm calling an end to 15 minutes early specifically to go to this class.

Savings: Ching. In the pot.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Son of Zurg said:

I just don't want to go to a class.

I wondered if that might be the case.  :-)  For me, going to a class would be impossible for reasons of both time and money.  So I yoga at home.  My favorite is a YouTube yoga instructor named Adriene, you might know already but she's here.

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill

Day Five Update:

Nutrition:

Bit of creative scrounging around and I managed to hit my habits for the day; pretty pleased with that as there was zero preparation. Ordered vegetables, only just remembered the protein while I'm typing this so I'll do that next.

Exercise: See Yoga

Yoga: Did NOT go to the class. Didn't want to :) I followed a Fitness Blender stretching routine before breakfast and felt quite happy about it.

Savings: In the pot.

• Like 1

Day Six:

Nutrition: Made it through today just about! Veg delivery happened at 6pm so I actually managed to squeeze in my five portions between a fruity snack and dinner. Boom.

Exercise: Another HIIT workout today. Another first this one; I used the "this is important to me" statement so i could make my exercise habit happen. I'll hope to use that statement again post-challenge. I've just realised while typing this that I haven't practiced squats today, so I'll go do that after.

Yoga: I'm gonna stop updating this one :) 

Savings: In the pot first thing this morning.

• Like 1

Thanks CMoo, I debated a few days about following the plan rigidly, but decided to pack it in rather than fight it. I'll just have to remember to think my choices through a little bit more in future I figured.  

Day Seven Update:

Nutrition: A good day today. Managed to get a new blender and made the worlds ugliest protein shake with it. I'm going back to PB, chocolate and banana shakes tomorrow - you just can't go wrong with that right? 

Exercise: Gym day & I procrastinated hard about going to get it done. I've no idea why that is, I really enjoy picking heavy things up and putting them down again. Dragged myself over there at about 3pm and modified the workout to keep me in the free weights area. Got done a lot quicker that way. Workout days are increasing sets for the next couple of weeks so I'm keeping weight the same and doing more work with it. That should only last a couple more weeks and I'll be in for some kind of change.

Savings: In the pot

• Like 1
22 hours ago, CMoo said:

I absolutely LOVE chocolate and peanut bettter. There really is nothing finer

Internet High Five! Quite right. "And peanut butter" elevates good to great.

Day Eight

Nutrition: Working well; I'm putting some beef in the slow cooker tonight (Italian style), so the kitchen should smell amazing first thing tomorrow. I achieved my nutrition habits and managed to pick a sensible option whilst eating out for breakfast. 

Exercise: Stretching with Fitness Blender again today; I'm loving the idea of stretching whilst watching a TV show, though that could be a challenge for another month. My inner assassin is bothering me for some attention.

Savings: In the pot. This challenge is really helping with actually remembering to do this on a daily basis. 

Day 9

Family just moved in for Christmas, so life has gone from smooth to bedlam in just a few hours. Lets see what this is going to do to my routine...

Nutrition: Beef brisket today. That might technically be a fail as 'lean protein' is specified, but I'm going to call a mulligan on that one since I'm eating four meals a day and meat is expensive. :bull_head: There's more in the slow cooker for tomorrow.

Exercise: Gym day and a quick one. Got in and out in 35 minutes, including warmup. Got as much of a sweat on as Sunday though, but my shoulders are going to survive until the weekend.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Son of Zurg said:

Family just moved in for Christmas

Good Luck!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES Learns to Wrestle!

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 74

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 12/4/2018 at 10:30 AM, Son of Zurg said:

'lean protein'

BBQ'd brisket is actually pretty lean, because the fat renders out of the meat during the long cook time.  :-D

• Like 1

KBO. - Churchill

Cheetah, that's exactly what I needed to hear :) Hopefully the same is true in the slow cooker if I remove the brisket as soon as it's ready.

Day 10

A little late with this one.

Nutrition: Survived a day with the family causing chaos! Woohoo! Took a couple of meals with me in tubs & kept chowing down.

Exercise: Got this done early in the morning before chaos happened; smart move it turns out.

Savings: In the pot

Day 11

Nutrition: Fail. Got most of it done; lean protein, fruit & veg, smart carbohydrate choices but only ate twice :( not enough food for gainz (yes, with a 'z')

Exercise: Moved my gym day to tomorrow morning and went for a long walk in the early evening.

• Like 1