• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Athaclena

Athaclena stays focused.....

Check my sig for previous challenges - the first couple will have a complete bio. I do need to update it with ALL of my challenges - but I've been here working on improving me for 2 years now.....

OK - last challenge was - well - just about the furthest thing from my mind to be frank. The last 6 weeks have been a literal DUMPSTER FIRE. I survived that stupid project (so far, we'll see how much it "lingers"). Thanksgiving weekend with family had some good points - Spent time with Mom, my step grandmother (who thought we wouldn't keep in touch after my grandfather died - pish posh you don't get out of our family THAT easily) and kind of reconnected in a GOOD way with my brother - an early Christmas Miracle if you as me.  And of course with the good comes the - well - drama only gets the tip of the iceberg. It would probably have made great reality TV. At least there'd be $$ which seems to be all a few family members care about (along with receiving what they perceive to be "theirs").... but enough about that....

This challenge is all about re-focusing now that I'm through all of that BS and being GD selfish for a few weeks. Because if I don't, I'm going to end up in a hospital with a stroke.....

So.....

1) Meal Planning - I'm home with NO travel currently scheduled. No - I can't believe it either. With a LITTLE planning there's 0 reason we can't have good, healthy, nourishing dinner every night and healthy breakfast\lunch\snacks in the house. So challenge one is PLANNING for that and following through. NOTHING going on at work the next few weeks should have me online past 6pm or unable to throw something in the crockpost\instant pot for dinner. We're eating out\ordering in WAAAAY too much. This is expensive and unhealthy. And by golly I'm having a veggie side with dinner!

2) Operation pack the house is being restarted in earnest. I've lost site over the past few weeks because work has literally been sucking out my soul. I would REALLY like to have this house largely packed up by the end of this challenge and start the new year in a new city. Hubby and I both really need it.

And that's it. Yea, I'd like to start working out.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Following...

Good luck getting it all done. But the fact you are home for a whole challenge is slightly amazing..

I know - right?! They kept SAYING I would be traveling less with my new role as a Solution Architect - but it hasn't been happening - until the dumpster fire of a project where they HAD to keep me home to support it. They're hiring some new blood which MAY make it possible - but it remains to be seen.

Ok - on the Meal Planning front..... I'm not keeping to a particular "diet" right now. Hubby and I may go to a more paleo bent, but for this week I put together something simple which what I keep in the kitchen and what I added to my Amazon Fresh order being delivered tomorrow night. I'll pull him into the meal planning this weekend if he wants to change up out diet....

Monday - Quick Chicken Alfredo + whatever veggie I can find in the freezer that remotely goes with it
Tuesday - Tacos - because... Tuesday.....
Wednesday - Steak - baked sweet potato for hubby, baby potato medley + brussel sprouts for me
Thursday - Pork Roast, Rice & Gravy - either whatever I pulled out of the freezer or more brussel sprouts
Friday - Homemade pizza or if it's been a bad week and I don't feel up to it - order in

Breakfast, I've got a variety of instant oatmeal for hubby, my breakfast shake for me.

Lunch - bread is in progress for sandwiches  and I have Annie's Mac & Cheese + tuna for a bit of variety for me.

Snacks - popcorn.....

I'm also making a crustless cheesecake at some point - probably next weekend :) Mom made one for Thanksgiving that was AWESOME and I snagged the recipe.....

• Like 3

Told work to shove off at 6pm last night so I could cook dinner. That analysis could wait. Ruining my carefully laid out dinner plans? Just no!

So - staying on track with #1... haven't made any progress yet on #2.......

Both a happy and sad day at work. One of my oldest, dearest friends - we met in college - um - a long time ago - and she was my reference for this job so we've now WORKED together for 6 years as well just accepted an offer with another company. It's a fantastic move for her career and honestly our company has treated her like crap many times over her 11 years here. Women in technology jobs can be tough. Oh... we'll still keep in touch but it won't be as often. I just need a new client that needs an on site in the Bay Area - and we need to keep up a girls long weekend so I can see her more than once every 5 - 10 years LOL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Athaclena said:

Both a happy and sad day at work.

Aw, that sucks... but good for her. And you guys can make a concerted effort to keep in touch. It's hard, but if you treat it like a meeting and get it on your calendars, you can still schedule time to stay connected. I've found that to be the best way to stick to it in my own experience. 

• Like 2

On 11/28/2018 at 3:30 PM, Athaclena said:

we need to keep up a girls long weekend so I can see her more than once every 5 - 10 years LOL.

The true difficulties of adulthood :P Everyone warned about responsibility, no one mentioned how impossible it was to meet people more than once a year!

And congrats on finally being at home! I hope it makes it easier for you in the upcoming challenge, especially with all the family that is sure to put a toll on social energy.

• Like 2

My friend and I have vowed to stay in each other's calendars and make sure we don't see each other only once every 5+ years (which is how it was BEFORE we worked together - we DO live on opposite sides of the country)..... We'll make sure that we have travel coincide or just meet up one weekend somewhere in the middle of the country. Lots of airline\hotel points makes that feasible :)

I stuck with the meal plan last week and meal plan is set for next week! I apparently needed to catch up on sleep. I DID wake up at 7:30 when I heard an odd noise and one of my kitties gave a plaintive "meow" so I was upright and looking for what was wrong.... only to find out NOTHING was wrong and my cat LITERALLY had a shit eating grin and bounded off when I found him. AGH! Went back to bed (because - dude - it's Saturday and I need some sleep) and didn't MOVE until 11:45a.... I haven't slept that late in I don't know HOW long. I've been up by 8:30 pretty much every day the last 6 weeks... which was part of the problem LOL. Anyway - laundry is going and I'll work on "operation pack the house" tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have more energy.

Dinner Plan for next week

---------------------------------------------------
Sunday - Pork fried rice (we have leftovers from Friday that need to be eaten)
Monday - Roast Chicken legs, potatoes & veggies
Tuesday - Turkey Chili
Wednesday - PIZZA - moving this to Wednesdays so I have the energy and can remember to PUT THE DANG TRASH OUT ON THE CURB

Thursday - Butter Chicken

Friday - Chicken Parm if I feel up to it... or we could order in\go out.....

• Like 1

Was a zombie Saturday - but hubby & I had an awesome, long lunch and caught up with an old friend. We need to do that more often.

Pork fried rice on Sunday was YUMMY! 

Had to go off plan last night. Apparently I've been so busy, I didn't notice I hadn't paid the water bill. Do they call? Do they send the next bill with LATE, DELINQUENT or SUBJECT TO DISCONNECT\SHUTOFF in the email title? Followup with a Paper Bill? Nope. About 2pm went to do something in the kitchen and 0 water. GAH. Immediately checked the bill and paid it (online). Followed up with a call as required (45 minutes on hold) and it was cut back on sometime after 8pm last night. Since I couldn't WASH my hands, I left the chicken in the fridge and ordered pizza..... GAH. I had kept up with that bill primarily on Quicken, but refused to pay for an upgrade in order to "stay connected" with my banks and moved everything to Mint. That seems to be the only Bill I forgot to drop into Mint - it's there NOW LOL. I've just been so FRICKIN' busy the last few months - even when I went through and reviewed to make sure everything was paid, I still somehow missed the  water bill. *sigh*

In other news, apparently work was very upset about my friend leaving and pulled out ALL of the stops to get her to stay. So... YAY!

• Like 2

Managed Turkey Chili, cleaning the kitchen AND getting garbage out last night. WOOT! 

I think I'm starting to actually recover from the 6 weeks of project hell (and no days off). I also think my new Christmas Gifts to myself are helping as well as sleeping "in" an extra hour since I don't have a standing 8:30 call any more. 1) SUPER comfy new office chair and 2) new wireless headset. I dropped some major dough (got 2 chairs, one for hubby too) - but I can say at this point it was worth it. Both were on sale - but it was a MAJOR deal on the headset - like 1/2 off when you ONLY see these things full price..... 

Now to just have enough energy to implement "pack all the things" protocol this weekend. That will be primary on the weekends and I plan to spend most of the Christmas 4-day weekend doing JUST THAT. Also thinking about taking New Years Eve off for a second 4 day weekend. My ULTIMATE goal is to have the house primarily PACKED by New Years. If we can do that, I'm selling this house in January and getting the heck out of Atlanta......

So kept with the meal plan all week. Tonight we went out for Chick-fil-a .... and yes.... one serving of fries for the week :)

I got an offer from the consulting firm I've been expecting. Would be a smidge less $$ and a week less vacation. I'll be spending the weekend deciding if I want to counter or not. Things at my current work are in an odd state and could either get lots better... stay the same... or get "worse". It's a bit early to tell if the changes coming down are a good thing or not. Some things definitely have me hesitant, but I'm thinking I'll stick it out until after I move then decide if things are at a state I really should look elsewhere. Hey - at least I know I can go elsewhere for the same pay.... imagine if I was actually job hunting :)

The plan for this weekend is to actually start packing up my office. I'll set aside the paperwork to be gone through - I can do that during the week - but I need to un-bury and sort through the "stuff" and either toss, send to goodwill or pack what is going to be kept. If I make it through the office, I'll move on to the bedroom. I just need to get it done.....

• Like 2

Had a pretty "blah" week. Stayed on plan - had fries ONCE - didn't make much progress on packing. Hubby however cleaned out one of the storage units and the stuff in there is now at a friends house in TN. So YAY.

Finishing up my coffee and planning the "attack" on my office.....

• Like 2