• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber's Holly Jolly Christmas

*sprints full speed in to the forum, skids to a stop, arms flailing as she regains her balance* Hey, hey, I'm here!! I hope I didn't miss anything! Right. So, in light of recent realizations of being stressed without noticing it (again) I'm going to 1) stick to simple goals and 2) not, I repeat, NOT freak out about everything. 

Spoiler

Honestly this is what plays in my head from November 1 through Christmas; a relentless ticking of the clock as time winds itself down.

Eat. Specifically,

• NO skipping meals because you forgot/got too busy. This inevitably leads to bad things, so don't do it. This means 4 meals (Brekky, lunch, dinner, 'snack'). Exception being if I have less than zero appetite, a yogurt or a handful of nuts can suffice as a meal, since forcing myself to eat when not hungry is my least favorite thing ever.
  • Moar fat. PB habit has come roaring back. Coach wants me to eat more fats during the day, so all of the buttered veggies for me. Fortunately we aren't quitting PB cold turkey yet, I just have to use the measured containers and send her pics for accountability purposes.

Yoga. Coming up on 2 year yoga-versary and I should like to learn Hurdlers. Hoping getting core work in during workouts will improve my stability. I also want to add handstands back in, but that will have to wait a little longer as the space where I've practiced in the past is still cluttered with extra stuff. (Bro and SIL are mostly moved in to their new house, so the rest of it should be on its way out over the next couple of weeks.) Goal is to practice Hurdlers 3/week. If I feel like my tummy can handle more than that, I'll consider adding more.

Check boxes:

☐  Read A Christmas Carol by the end of the challenge. This one I have in actual book form so I can't use 'the library loan expired' as an excuse not to finish.

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo. This will take a bit more effort, being as I usually do it at lunch and I don't always remember if I'm not at my desk. Also signed up for memorization accountabilibuddies group.

Daily Duolingo

Daily Skin care.  Winter is coming. No slacking off, or feel the wrath of Santa Amber's claws.

Walking. 8,000 steps minimum. Bonus level: 10,000. 

#Yoga365 730. Bonus level: 2 sessions/day. (Aiming for 3 bonus during work week, and 1 weekend day.) Also, front split practice needs to be happening more than once/week.

giphy.gif

Weekend plans :D

That's it y'all! I'll catch up with everyone soon!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

Hey!! Love the keep it simple approach for the hectic season!

Hi! Welcome back! Still trying to get caught up with everybody but missed having you around these parts

Here's hoping this is an effective strategy to combat the seasonal..

giphy.gif

Yeah, that. ;)

9 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

mmmmmmmmm buttered veggies

giphy.gif

i apologize for the internet's lack of good gifs of melty butter on top of vegetables

It was a great and wonderful thing finding out I am not sensitive to butter after all. There was much rejoicing in the land.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Image result for butter melting gif

Image result for butter melting on veggies gif

To help undo the damage of @CourtnieMarie's previous gif.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I DONT CONSIDER CORN A VEGETABLE!

i just really wanted buttery peas for some reason

Correct.Tis a grain.

The funny thing is that I did have buttered peas with my lunch today

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I DONT CONSIDER CORN A VEGETABLE!

Denial is ugly on you. 

4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i just really wanted buttery peas for some reason

Sounds like you need to make your own gif.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

Correct.Tis a grain.

The funny thing is that I did have buttered peas with my lunch today

TIS A VEGETABLE. and a grain. and a fruit.

Chew on that one for a little bit.

On 11/26/2018 at 1:13 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

not, I repeat, NOT freak out about everything. 

That's a good goal right there! :) (My husband regularly reminds me that control is an illusion. That's all well and fine, but I have my own personal universe to run, if you'll excuse me--lol.)

Hurrah for reading and Duolingo! And for ghost stories. 

I loved the opening image of your post, btw. 

Cheers to good habits, good food, and good fats :)

4 hours ago, Katerina said:

:) (My husband regularly reminds me that control is an illusion.

Sounds like control issues.

4 hours ago, Katerina said:

That's all well and fine, but I have my own personal universe to run, if you'll excuse me--lol.)

And it's an amazing universe, I'm sure.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Katerina said:

That's a good goal right there! :) (My husband regularly reminds me that control is an illusion. That's all well and fine, but I have my own personal universe to run, if you'll excuse me--lol.)

Thanks! My calm does tend to get a bit damaged this time of year if I don't remind myself to take a step back lol

Hurrah for reading and Duolingo! And for ghost stories. 

It did seem an appropriate choice since I was reading another Dickens title last challenge :)

I loved the opening image of your post, btw. 

Speaking of 'classics' lol

giphy.gif

Cheers to good habits, good food, and good fats :)

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

Sounds like control issues.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

did seem an appropriate choice since I was reading another Dickens title last challenge :)

Oh, really? Which one? (I've only read 3--A Christmas Carol, A Tale of Two Cities, and Hard Times. Kids are regularly appalled that I haven't read Great Expectations, but there we are.) The ditching of social media--all 2 days of it--has already resulted in an uptick in my reading. 

Those cheese wheels are dead sexy :)

And the cat slapping the lady's hand quite possibly made my day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Katerina said:

Oh, really? Which one? (I've only read 3--A Christmas Carol, A Tale of Two Cities, and Hard Times. Kids are regularly appalled that I haven't read Great Expectations, but there we are.) The ditching of social media--all 2 days of it--has already resulted in an uptick in my reading. 

Bleak House. I didn't quite get it finished in time. Sometimes my brain goes off on tangents, and sometimes stuff I've had on hold with the library forever downloads. I think I've had a loan auto-download every single time I've put a specific book to be read in my challenge. (Current tangent being 6 books read in the last challenge in a half, none of which I set out to read lol)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

I didn't quite get it finished in time. Sometimes my brain goes off on tangents, and sometimes stuff I've had on hold with the library forever downloads. I think I've had a loan auto-download every single time I've put a specific book to be read in my challenge. (Current tangent being 6 books read in the last challenge in a half, none of which I set out to read lol)

Yeah. . .I bounce between several books at a time, usually started on what I will call the "Grumble-Oh, Shiny" impulse. :) Those damn temptations, er, I mean notifications, from Amazon. . .and the fact that I can be a book hoarder and still maintain the air of respectability because it's all on my Kindle. . . .

tumblr_n7045fEz0x1smcbm7o1_250.gif

• Like 1

Week 1 summary:

Eat. Specifically,

• NO skipping meals.Check, save using my emergency contingency plan for lunch Friday because bleah. Otherwise mostly ate like a sane individual, as I sometimes pretend to be.
  • Moar fat. Eat more fats during the day Check!  Measured PB containers Check, mostly. Little hiccup on deadlift day, but I moved on.

Yoga. Goal is to practice Hurdlers 3/week. Check!

Check boxes:

☐  Read A Christmas Carol by the end of the challenge. 2 ghosts down, 1 to go.

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7, plus memorization for accountabilibuddies.

Daily duo 7/7.

Skin care 6/7. Only miss was the day before I posted the challenge. Otherwise off to a good start.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 56 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 7. Woo!

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 5. Don't forget front split practice! Che.. Oh globbits, I did forget! I usually do post-run, but I spaced on that. I blame the cat. (Though he was helpful with hurdler's--he flopped himself on the back of my head, which was a good counter-balance.)

Also of note is that the Christmas Vacation gif I posted wounded up being close to prophetic.. Right movie, wrong scene.

giphy.gif

Fortunately it was only one foot, so other than one tiny bruise (and a much larger one, to my ego) I didn't hurt myself. Front yard is officially decked out, the tree is assembled, and the rest of the house looks like an amazon fulfillment station (assuming they use black totes to haul stuff in. For the purposes of this post, we'll go with yes.)

• Like 4

On 12/3/2018 at 10:29 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 5. Don't forget front split practice! Che.. Oh globbits, I did forget! I usually do post-run, but I spaced on that. I blame the cat. (Though he was helpful with hurdler's--he flopped himself on the back of my head, which was a good counter-balance.)

I googled hurdling but it showed little gate things that people run and  jump over. I'm now imagining a cat falling from the sky onto the back of someone's head as they do the jumps, and it doesn't make a great deal of sense. 

• Like 1

Oh no - glad you’re ok, that’d frighten the crap out of me when it happened.

And here’s hoping you don’t have Christmas vacation level guests for the holidays!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

wait did you actually fall through the floor? or just fall? i'm glad you're okay!!

Thanks! I think it would be more accurate to say I put my foot through it versus actually falling through. I'd been in a semi-crouched position when I stepped off the edge of the plywood onto the drywall. Next thing I knew I was kneeling on said plywood, with one foot hanging through the hole I'd just made. It took a minute to register what had happened. But, I didn't hit hard enough to leave a mark on that knee, and I only had a mark the size of a dime on my shin from the rafter. Very fortunate that I did not step both feet onto the drywall or I would've been hurting.

21 hours ago, Harriet said:

I googled hurdling but it showed little gate things that people run and  jump over. I'm now imagining a cat falling from the sky onto the back of someone's head as they do the jumps, and it doesn't make a great deal of sense. 

Lol. That is quite a mental image! :lol:

This is the pose I'm working on. See, having the cat push my head down shifted my center of gravity so I was able to hold my back leg off the ground for a few seconds.

(My record at this point is 8 seconds and my.. side leg? isn't quite that straight yet.)

12 hours ago, MikeW said:

Oh no - glad you’re ok, that’d frighten the crap out of me when it happened.

Thanks! Honestly it happened so fast that I didn't have time to be frightened. Really I didn't even figure out what happened until my brother, who was up there with me, said so. At first I was more upset about adding another thing to be fixed, and it didn't really click how lucky I was to be unhurt until after we'd gotten down.

13 hours ago, MikeW said:

And here’s hoping you don’t have Christmas vacation level guests for the holidays!

Amen, and may that be true of all of our collective holiday celebrations! :D

• Like 4