• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber's Holly Jolly Christmas

Recommended Posts

That is some advanced yoga coolness. 

You know, every time I want to comment on your thread I have to scroll past a man weirdly licking corn. I mean, I don't object to people licking their food. But the way he licks it is like his mouth is a violin and the corn is the bow and he's scraping out a tortured song. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying it's weird. 

Anyway, is PB peanut butter? Why is that a bad habit if you need moar fat anyway? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 2 summary:

Eat. Specifically,

  • NO skipping meals.Check!
  • Moar fat. Eat more fats during the day Check!  Measured PB containers Check, mostly. Friday I was tired but wanted to watch a movie. Knew I wouldn't make it through without fuel, but instead of eating the premeasured, I just grabbed one of the small jars. Oops.

Yoga. Goal is to practice Hurdlers 3/week. Check! Making steady progress, and I'm well pleased by this. Current max is now 30s. (Need to work on the left side. Definitely weaker.)

 

Check boxes:

☐  Read A Christmas Carol by the end of the challenge. Check! B)

 

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7, plus memorization for accountabilibuddies.

Daily duo 7/7.

Skin care 4*/7. *probably more than that, but for whatever reason I didn't put it in the tracking. No entry/no points.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 57 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 7. Woo!

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 5. Don't forget front split practice! Check!

 

Survived the annual office get-together without major incident. Much deliciousness was partaken of, including bacon-wrapped dates. As noted above, finished scheduled reading. Probably will go back and finish Bleak House now. The Christmas decor is 99% complete and the boxes cleared away. Shopping is about 75% complete. Finished 4.5mi and kept below 10 minutes for all. (Barely, but 9:59 still counts! :P) Overall, a solid week as weeks go.

giphy.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Harriet said:

That is some advanced yoga coolness.

Thanks! I'm not sure how 'advanced' it would be considered, but it is fun! :)

23 hours ago, Harriet said:

You know, every time I want to comment on your thread I have to scroll past a man weirdly licking corn. I mean, I don't object to people licking their food. But the way he licks it is like his mouth is a violin and the corn is the bow and he's scraping out a tortured song. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying it's weird. 

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, Harriet said:

Anyway, is PB peanut butter? Why is that a bad habit if you need moar fat anyway? 

Yep! And it is only bad because I have a tendency to lose all sensibility around it. (Like a 16oz jar = 2 servings..or less) Part of the reason Coach K wants me to eat more fats is because of that tendency, operating on the hypothesis that my person requires more fats than what I've been giving it on a routine basis and as such my brain will scream loudly until I feed it copious amounts of PB. 

giphy.gif

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Yep! And it is only bad because I have a tendency to lose all sensibility around it. (Like a 16oz jar = 2 servings..or less) Part of the reason Coach K wants me to eat more fats is because of that tendency, operating on the hypothesis that my person requires more fats than what I've been giving it on a routine basis and as such my brain will scream loudly until I feed it copious amounts of PB. 

PB overeaters (Not) Anonymous.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 1:04 PM, Harriet said:

You know, every time I want to comment on your thread I have to scroll past a man weirdly licking corn. I mean, I don't object to people licking their food. But the way he licks it is like his mouth is a violin and the corn is the bow and he's scraping out a tortured song. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying it's weird. 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhhh, so when we gorge on peanut butter it's a sign we truly need and deserve fats. It's an important message from ourselves to ourselves, not just evidence of akrasia i.e. lack of will. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Harriet said:


Don't worry, we're on to the second page now. I'll never forget, though :D


So what you're saying is we need to revisit it every page?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grumble said:

PB overeaters (Not) Anonymous.

 

DeafeningWateryCoral-max-1mb.gif When and where do we meet?

 

 

How did you like A Christmas Carol? I love it, but I feel like it gets more than its fair share of Dickensian Christmas love. The Cricket on the Hearth is my all time favorite Dickens ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gemma said:

How did you like A Christmas Carol? I love it, but I feel like it gets more than its fair share of Dickensian Christmas love. The Cricket on the Hearth is my all time favorite Dickens ever.

added to my list. thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It was funny though

14 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Ahhhh, so when we gorge on peanut butter it's a sign we truly need and deserve fats. It's an important message from ourselves to ourselves, not just evidence of akrasia i.e. lack of will. 

Yes..ish? It is likely a sign we are deficient in something.. that may be fats, or it might be something else. It could be that I need more sleep, or I might need more food in general to fuel my activity. It could be a micronutrient that I'm missing in my diet that is found in some prevalence in PB. Or it could be stress and PB triggers happy brain chemicals. But, it is not such a simple thing as a lack of willpower.

7 minutes ago, Harriet said:


Don't worry, we're on to the second page now. I'll never forget, though :D

We will never forget the great corn gif of 2018.

16 minutes ago, Grumble said:


So what you're saying is we need to revisit it every page?

giphy.gif

 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Gemma said:

 

DeafeningWateryCoral-max-1mb.gif When and where do we meet?

 

 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Gemma said:

How did you like A Christmas Carol? I love it, but I feel like it gets more than its fair share of Dickensian Christmas love. The Cricket on the Hearth is my all time favorite Dickens ever.

I enjoyed it! I think it probably gets so much attention because 1) there are so MANY interpretations you'd be hard pressed to not find at least one that you're fond of [by the by, does anyone else 'hear' the characters speak in their movie voices while you're reading?] 2) it's pretty short, so even during the busy season, you can still get through it fairly quickly.

I don't think I've read The Cricket on the Hearth. Will be adding that to my list :)

Maybe not the movie..that looks scary..

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

 

I don't think I've read The Cricket on the Hearth. Will be adding that to my list :)

Maybe not the movie..that looks scary..

 

 

The movie is atrocious and 100% worth a skip.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Sign me up for PB anonymous (although not eating it out of the jar *at all* has been a success for a couple months at least now? Idk)

2) Is the corn gif the PB face smear of 2018? (which has thankfully been buried somewhere in an old challenge thread of mine, maybe never to return)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MikeW said:

2) Is the corn gif the PB face smear of 2018? (which has thankfully been buried somewhere in an old challenge thread of mine, maybe never to return)

 

I mean, we have some new challengers who have never seen it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I mean, we have some new challengers who have never seen it...

I'm not even gonna pretend I'll go through the time to dig it up from the depths of the forum.

 

I *think* it's somewhere on an old challenge thread, maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MikeW said:

I'm not even gonna pretend I'll go through the time to dig it up from the depths of the forum.

 

I *think* it's somewhere on an old challenge thread, maybe.

Image result for peanut butter smeared on face gif

I'm helping.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grumble said:

I'm helping.

 

I love how a bit gets on her glasses, and then a little of her hair sticks to it at the end. Her glasses are a fascinating shape, and the texture of the PB is so thrilling. Such a detailed plot, with compelling characters. A truly great work. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MikeW said:

1) Sign me up for PB anonymous (although not eating it out of the jar *at all* has been a success for a couple months at least now? Idk)

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, MikeW said:

 

2) Is the corn gif the PB face smear of 2018? (which has thankfully been buried somewhere in an old challenge thread of mine, maybe never to return)

Accurate assessment, yes. Thankfully buried deep in the internets.

18 hours ago, Grumble said:

 

I mean, we have some new challengers who have never seen it...

Oh no.

18 hours ago, MikeW said:

I'm not even gonna pretend I'll go through the time to dig it up from the depths of the forum.

 

No, please don't go to any extra trouble. It's really not necessary, really..

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

Image result for peanut butter smeared on face gif

I'm helping.

giphy.gif

DMMIT, GRUMBLE!

 

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

 

I love how a bit gets on her glasses, and then a little of her hair sticks to it at the end. Her glasses are a fascinating shape, and the texture of the PB is so thrilling. Such a detailed plot, with compelling characters. A truly great work. 

Yeah, there was a jelly accompaniment to this too. (Which Grumble is NOT going to go look up and share with the class, right? :P)

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Yeah, there was a jelly accompaniment to this too. (Which Grumble is NOT going to go look up and share with the class, right? :P)

grape juice jelly GIF by For Everest

I'm definitely helping.

 

PSA, do NOT GIF Search for Peanut butter face on giphy at work.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grumble said:

grape juice jelly GIF by For Everest

I'm definitely helping.

 

PSA, do NOT GIF Search for Peanut butter face on giphy at work.


No, no, no, this sequel is terrible! That so-called "jelly" lacks the correct consistency--we can see it flowing like water, not glomming and globbing, as it should. The artist has clearly entered a depressive funk since his masterpiece debut. Or maybe he couldn't get sufficient funding for this piece. The only redeeming feature is the high quality acting by the lead part. As always, she conveys the emotional journey of the story through masterful facial expressions and good choice of eyewear. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Harriet said:


No, no, no, this sequel is terrible! That so-called "jelly" lacks the correct consistency--we can see it flowing like water, not glomming and globbing, as it should. The artist has clearly entered a depressive funk since his masterpiece debut. Or maybe he couldn't get sufficient funding for this piece. The only redeeming feature is the high quality acting by the lead part. As always, she conveys the emotional journey of the story through masterful facial expressions and good choice of eyewear. 

 

I wanted to link the video, but apparently it has been removed from youtube and I'm not searching for it in the more esoteric video sites at work.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 3 summary:

Eat. Specifically,

  • NO skipping meals. Check! With one exception, this was a good food week.
  • Moar fat. Eat more fats during the day Check!  Measured PB containers Check, mostly. One miss. (Spoilered for trigger)
    Spoiler

    It was weird too. Felt really good about how this was going. Eating less of it overall meant I was also craving it less. Digestion has been vastly better since I started working on this goal. And yet Saturday, I ate 2/3 of a jar for no good reason. Paid for said lapse in judgement, with poor sleep, poor mood and spending most of yesterday trying to identify whether I was hungry or nauseous. (I would've bet money on the latter when ghrelin kicked in.) The single tiny silver lining was that I at least stopped before I felt physically ill at the time, which is a line I've crossed before.

    ANYWAYS. It happened. I'm mostly recovered. Coach knows about it, to be discussed further.

Yoga. Goal is to practice Hurdlers 3/week. Check! Actually probably over-did a bit. Between everything I did last week, my upper back let me know about it. "Oh hey, so you know how you've been thinking you are losing muscle? Lemme show you just exactly where every single back muscle is. Every. Single. One."

 

Check boxes:

☐  Read A Christmas Carol by the end of the challenge. Check! B)

☐  Read The Cricket on the Hearth by the end of the challenge. Check! B)

 

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7, plus memorization for accountabilibuddies.

Daily duo 7/7.

Skin care 5/7. 

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 58 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 7. Woo!

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 5Don't forget front split practice! Check!

 

This was a good week! Got the shopping finished, and part of it wrapped. Went to see the new Spiderman movie yesterday, which was awesome. (Though I might've gotten a little misty at Stan Lee's cameo.) Slowly whittling down, back to 142 as of Saturday AM. Made a tortilla soup that actually turned out super tasty. Finished another book. And this morning I used my new bench for actual bench press. So yeah, I'm pretty happy with that. :)

giphy.gif

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job on meeting most of your goals. And it's great that you have a coach to talk to about food issues. That must be super helpful. Excellent reading, by the way. I always mean to read more, so having a concrete goal to check off seems like a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now