• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber's Holly Jolly Christmas

24 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Nice job on meeting most of your goals. And it's great that you have a coach to talk to about food issues. That must be super helpful. Excellent reading, by the way. I always mean to read more, so having a concrete goal to check off seems like a good idea.

Thanks! I think having reasonable expectations/not demanding perfection has made goal-setting a little better for me. (Though, that being said, unbroken score streaks are very motivating too lol)

Yes, it is super helpful to have her there. I've gotten loads of help/advice/encouragement/support here. (No telling what sort of mess I would be without nerds! I would've given up a long time ago.) But it is nice to have coach checking on my food logs without having to do anything extra on my part. I've tried to be very open about my stuff here, but sometimes you do a little editing, ya know? Just so long as I'm honest with MFP, she sees everything I eat and can see how it affects my workouts, etc.

Thanks again! :) I think most of us around these parts have a 'to be read' list somewhere, and lots of good strategies to get a bit of reading in. It helps when you enjoy what you are reading too lol

8 minutes ago, Grumble said:

There is so much good going on here. Food addictions man. It's very awesome to see how you've tackled them this year, particularly the PB.

giphy.gif
Seriously. This year has been a long, bumpy road.

• Like 4

Love the self-awareness with the PB - and the progress, even if it's a bumpy road (veeeeery relatable for me, haha).
Thanks! I guess like most things, progress comes in many shapes/forms..

Like tiny Tupperware containers filled with pb and arranged like so many multi colored blocks
c7ced8c07d0f473740a194a607849725.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Like tiny Tupperware containers filled with pb and arranged like so many multi colored blocks

Can't not see this

Related image

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is this for the purpose of portion control? Using cups and measures has helped me a bit in recalibrating normal amounts of food. After attempting to diet I had this scarcity mentality and would take more than I needed. Getting an idea of how much I actually want/need has been quite helpful. Still a work in progress.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Grumble said:

Can't not see this

Related image

That is more or less the effect I was going for, so thanks for seeing my vision :D

22 hours ago, MikeW said:

Love the house of PB you've made!!!

Thanks! I thought just sending coach pictures of them just in a stack would get stale after a bit. So, I decided to try and get a little more creative. (Not pictured was the 1st one I did; I stacked them in a triangle and titled it 'food pyramid'. I mean, if you can't make bad jokes/visual puns, where's the fun in that? :lol:)

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Is this for the purpose of portion control? Using cups and measures has helped me a bit in recalibrating normal amounts of food. After attempting to diet I had this scarcity mentality and would take more than I needed. Getting an idea of how much I actually want/need has been quite helpful. Still a work in progress.

Yep! It's also a way to deter using "I'm too tired to measure this out" as an excuse to eat from the jar. They're 4tbsp, so I know that there's enough to eat with an apple, and it's plenty to satisfy the cravings without going overboard. Very convenient snacking and requires zero brain power after the weekly refill :lol:

Yeah, when I first started out measuring things, I found out pretty quick I wasn't eating as much as I thought I was. (That explained a lot of headaches.) I'm glad you've been able to find it helpful!

• Like 1