Rise Above (the Pull-Up Bar!)

Got in a pull workout this morning but wasn't really feeling it.  It was enough to bump me up into 5th, but still a long, long way from a podium position

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

531 to add to my total :D 

Keep going people!

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

One full chin-up.

Three negative chin-ups.

One negative pull-up.

60 seconds of overhand deadhanging.

50 seconds of neutral grip deadhanging.

30 seconds of underhand deadhanging.

64 points. :)

And a whole lot of failed attempts that didn't get me any points. :P

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

15 hours ago, Tobbe said:

I just hope this grinding of negatives eventually leads to being able to do a full pull-up or chin-up!

They will. Trust the process. I'm lucky in that, with a written out programme and tracking the amounts consistently, I can see that I'm getting better. Yesterday, I was able to go down from two bands to one to do my assisted pull ups!

On that note, another 342 points! (everything in my head was shouting 'to Gryffindor! in Lee Jordan's voice then...)

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

6 hours ago, Tobbe said:

My back hurts. My shoulders hurt. So yeah, I'm sure I'm not a robot. Because robots doing feel pain, right? :) 

Especially during negative pull-ups I feel like a "crunchy" feeling in my lats.

True,  As long as it's DOMS, keep at it, if it feels like joint pain or sharp pain, I'd advise you to slow down ( I think you've nailed first anyway:smile-new:) You don't want to do something that's going to have to make you stop doing pull ups for  6 months or something (tendon problems can be a beast to get rid of)

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

True,  As long as it's DOMS, keep at it, if it feels like joint pain or sharp pain, I'd advise you to slow down ( I think you've nailed first anyway:smile-new:) You don't want to do something that's going to have to make you stop doing pull ups for  6 months or something (tendon problems can be a beast to get rid of)

The pain feels like DOMS. The crunchy feeling on the other hand,  I have no idea what that might be...

41 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

The pain feels like DOMS. The crunchy feeling on the other hand,  I have no idea what that might be...

Yeah, you saying that was really what I was addressing. Not sure what you mean by crunchy feeling.  If it's in your lats, that seems more like muscle. Hmm, sometimes I gets DOMS in my lats and I keep on doing whatever, but then  if the DOMS is say at a 6 out of 10 on the pain scale, I'll dial it back ( but I'm conservative because I'm middle aged) 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

A full chin-up.

Three negative chin-ups.

Several failed attempts at negative pull-ups and negatives with neutral grip.

A small pause to put stuff in the dishwasher.

A SECOND FULL CHIN-UP!

Another negative chin-up.

Some more failed attempts at negative pull-ups and negatives with neutral grip.

And then my elbows started hurting, so I decided against doing more negative chin-ups and against deadhanging.

I had actually intended to do some more exercising (not necessarily on the pull-up bar) this evening, but my arms really hurt, so I'm gonna call it a day.

60 points, though. :D 

• Like 1

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

1 hour ago, Tobbe said:

Did 16 negative pull-ups. Emptied the dishwasher. Filled the dishwasher. Did 16 more negative pull-ups :D  320 points

giphy.gif

:D 

• Like 1