Tobbe catches up and pleases his wife

20 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

That is one agile robot! 

19 hours ago, Salinger said:

woah coooool!! x

19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Cool!

I know, right!? :) 

Boston Dynamics builds some uncanny stuff!

More youtube videos

Good breakfast idea, not much else interesting...

Some good tips on how to style your photos to make them look better. Mostly about props. Not something I think I'll use for my own food photos at this point...

Very well produced. Made me want to run a marathon Running

That preview image they've used though... How stupid! It's like a bad ad for a weight loss pill or something :( If you adjusted the lighting, and if she smiled and flexed her muscles I bet she'd look exactly the same in the "before" and "after" photos. And what does "before" and "after" photos even have to do with marathon running? *sigh*

52 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

That preview image they've used though... How stupid! It's like a bad ad for a weight loss pill or something :( If you adjusted the lighting, and if she smiled and flexed her muscles I bet she'd look exactly the same in the "before" and "after" photos. And what does "before" and "after" photos even have to do with marathon running? *sigh*

Clickbait, that's all. Drives me nuts. Especially since she does actually have some pretty fun content, like the super hero training series for example. It makes it extra shitty that she's forced to do stuff like that to ensure views.

• Like 1

Alright, spent some time on the treadmill this morning, so I have a few more youtube videos to check off :)  

This was interesting. I'm very intrigued by the idea of fasting for health. I'm not in a state of mind (or body) to do fasting right now. But some time in the future I'd like to try a longer fast to see what happens and how it feels.

If you're totally new to running, this might be worth watching. But if you've already done any kind of running at all I'd say this is too basic

As a Swede I've eaten a lot of meatballs! Sweden We typically don't eat them with a tomato based sauce, and our meatballs are much smaller than what's shown here.

I feel I knew everything they showed in the video. Except for maybe the detail about what cheese (parmesan or pecorino) to choose depending on the flavor of the sauce.

Some solid advice on what to think of when shooting food photos. Mostly about lighting. I don't have the equipment needed to incorporate many of the ideas in my own photos, but if I ever wanted to shoot photos worthy of more than just my personal food log I'd definitely look at this video again, and try to use some of the ideas.

10 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

This was interesting. I'm very intrigued by the idea of fasting for health. I'm not in a state of mind (or body) to do fasting right now. But some time in the future I'd like to try a longer fast to see what happens and how it feels.

Glad you realize that it's not healthy for you at the moment. But in the future, it might be!

I used to work for a woman who was in her lat 60's, she would fast 2 days per week and ate fairly "paleo" the rest of the time. She would go for 1-hour jogs during her lunch break when she was fasting. She was one of the most fit, healthy people I've ever met. Much more healthy than I was at 45 years her junior!

That soup he makes at the end looked really tasty. Too bad we don't even have chickpea miso here :(  And making your own is a half-a-year project :P 

1 hour ago, Arkania said:

How about normal miso? :)

Last time I looked for it we didn't have it, but now one of the stores in town at least have it on their online pages. I'll have to check if they carry it in the store too!

• Like 1

Third Sunday of Advent today, so time for my third gift for my wife :wub:

20181216_102354.jpg.a6be0911983c9e638a4332a327bc92b0.jpg

Here she is (in her morning gown/bathrobe) opening her gift :) 

20181216_110123.jpg.f546bbc61328629a002353a8bb262633.jpg

Chocolate candies (my wife loves chocolate) in a very kitsch box :P 

Considering how I acted yesterday :(  it felt extra good to give her a gift today... (See my Battle Log for the details)

• Like 2

Just finished listening to a great podcast!

https://www.stephaniedodier.com/episodes/109-reason-overeat-binge-isabel-foxen-duke

It's with Isabel Foxen Duke, and I've read and listened to a bunch of her stuff, but this one was a little different from all the rest I've listened to, so if you haven't heard this one before I recommend you listen to it :) 

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

That's so sweet that you buy your wife gifts for advent

Thanks :)  It's not something that's customary, but I know my wife loves gifts. And I really like coming up with gifts and giving gifts. So it's a win-win :)  Plus I never buy her flowers, so I do this instead.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tobbe said:

https://www.stephaniedodier.com/episodes/109-reason-overeat-binge-isabel-foxen-duke

It's with Isabel Foxen Duke, and I've read and listened to a bunch of her stuff, but this one was a little different from all the rest I've listened to, so if you haven't heard this one before I recommend you listen to it :) 

Thanks for sharing that. It was really interesting to listen to. I shared it with my wife.

3 minutes ago, Jett said:

Thanks for sharing that. It was really interesting to listen to. I shared it with my wife.

What part(s) did you find most interesting?

Watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ZZgGqRP0Q A bit funny at times, but still pretty much a waste of 20 minutes...

Also watched this video. This one was much better! :) 

@Jett Thought of you and how you're trying to learn Norwegian when I watched the video above :) 

Finished by watching another video about fasting

It was really good, and interesting. Also explained why the people in the Minnesota Starvation Experiment lost all that muscle, and felt so horrible the entire time and why the same thing doesn't happen when you fast instead of just trying to reduce your calorie intake.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tobbe said:

What part(s) did you find most interesting?

The parts about treating intuitive eating with a "diet mentality" (ie, something you can "fail" at), and how bingeing relates to restriction (ie, more restriction = more/bigger binges). I was also very interested by the discussion of working to improve health, rather than lose weight. That's something I've been thinking about a lot. I realized that I don't have a lot of knowledge/advice for "getting more healthy" that doesn't boil down to "lose weight".

• Like 1