Greetings and Salutations

As formal as the title for this topic is, I can assure you I am anything but. My name is Samyah, but most people call me Sam. Yes, we make great sidekicks, I know, but that's not what I'm here for, though I am more than willing to help a fellow member of The Rebellion out if I am able. At the time of writing this, I am a few months shy of 30. For all of you that have already hit 30 and beyond, and all of those around my age now, you might be acquainted with the feeling I've been having, a feeling of not enough. Not being enough. Not doing enough. Not having enough.

Well, I have actually had enough, just not in the same context as intended above.

I am tired of those feelings which I can only assume get worse over time from personal experience and watching the lives of others. So I am here, publicly announcing to a bunch of strangers that I have issues, a lot of them... like announcing weird things to strangers, but I am here to work on them. To grow, to change. To still be myself, but the best version of myself that I can be. So what does that entail for me? Well, in no particular order:

• I want a fulfilling career. For me this means getting out of the customer service life. I went from working retail to pouring wine in a swanky little winery. It's a step up to be sure, but it's not fulfilling and it isn't what I want to do with my life, because I want to be a writer. I'm currently working on my first novel as well as a poetry project on Instagram.
  • I want to see the world. I want to learn more about other cultures and I want to learn more about my father's culture in his homeland of Jordan. I want to experience everything the world has to offer and I can't do that from my small Texas town.
  • I want to learn. I have a passion for knowledge, plain and simple, and I'm pretty weird to boot, so you know I would have been right at home in Ravenclaw. So to indulge that side of me, I want to pick up new hobbies, skills, and information however I can.
  • I want to lose weight, get in shape, and be healthy. It's harder to live life to its fullest when you're bogged down mentally and physically by health issues like being overweight. Plus, it's bound to be a shorter life if I don't take care of myself.
  • I want to become independent, financially and otherwise. I hate feeling like a burden to other people, but I can't afford to live alone on what I currently make. On top of that, I have a terrible phobia when it comes to driving, so I never learned how. There's no public transportation where I live, so becoming independent without driving is near impossible.
  • I want to give back. No matter how bad I may consider my circumstances, even at my lowest points, it has always been relatively comfortable. There are many people that can't say the same and if I ever get to the point where I can not only take care of myself the way that I should, but help others along the way whether it's with my time in volunteering or donating to worthy causes, then of course I want to do that.
  • Like 3

Welcome!

• Like 1

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII