• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LittleTurtle

LittleTurtle: Goldilocks Challenge

9 hours ago, LittleTurtle said:

You're absolutely right.  I think I'm still a little of the mindset that fast food is evil.  But I never supersize anything, I never order soda, and Chicken McNuggets are too damn delicious to pass up every once in awhile.  :D

Honestly at first the way you were talking about it I was thinking you were eating there once or twice a day instead of weekly.

• Haha 1

Pick a point and start from there.

Make a single small change.

Stick with it until it doesn't feel like a change anymore.

You'll be amazed at what your life looks like in a year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Heidi said:

How's things?

Love and tea.

Things are well.  I've had a monumentally busy week with theatre duties and holiday parties, but I've managed to get all my exercise in!  And in case I haven't said it about a billion times before; I love theatre with all my soul.  It fills my heart with happiness and purpose.  

5 more work days and then I have an 11 day vacation.

1f497.png and1706_one_128_151bede6.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleTurtle said:

Things are well.  I've had a monumentally busy week with theatre duties and holiday parties, but I've managed to get all my exercise in!  And in case I haven't said it about a billion times before; I love theatre with all my soul.  It fills my heart with happiness and purpose.  

5 more work days and then I have an 11 day vacation.

It's good to see you getting to do something you're so passionate about.

• Like 1

My boyfriend and I went to the mountains today to cut down our Christmas tree.  We hiked up a snowy mountain for what seemed like a mile (though I know in reality, it was probably not even a quarter of a mile).  The snow was hard and deep, and I had to step gingerly because there were fallen trees and giant rocks under the snow and I kept tripping over the branches.  The wind was blowing so hard, it stung my cheeks.  But the skies were blue and air was fresh.  It helps clear my head.  I have too many thoughts floating around in there lately.  It was a nice, albeit brief, respite.

Later, we went back into town and had lunch, and I had the most delightful cup of tea to warm me up.

Now, I have a warm and sleepy cat named Jixxer (my fur baby of 17 years) curled up under the blanket on my lap.

Tomorrow, I have lunch with a friend I just recently did a show with.  It will be wonderful to catch up.

It was a good week.

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's good to see you getting to do something you're so passionate about.

:)  I'm very lucky to live in a town with an amazing community theatre.  My theatre family is one of the most important things in my life.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LittleTurtle said:

My boyfriend and I went to the mountains today to cut down our Christmas tree.  We hiked up a snowy mountain for what seemed like a mile (though I know in reality, it was probably not even a quarter of a mile).  The snow was hard and deep, and I had to step gingerly because there were fallen trees and giant rocks under the snow and I kept tripping over the branches.  The wind was blowing so hard, it stung my cheeks.  But the skies were blue and air was fresh. 

Is this a real thing?  I'm so jealous of your mountains and literary prose and the delightful picture that whole paragraph just painted in my head.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You hiked up a mountain to get your tree? That us so awesome. 

I did!  This is the third year in a row we've cut down our own tree.  I live in Montana, so the mountains are basically my backyard.

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Is this a real thing?  I'm so jealous of your mountains and literary prose and the delightful picture that whole paragraph just painted in my head.

It is for me.  :)  As much as I despise the winters, I am truly grateful to live in such a beautiful state.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LittleTurtle said:

Hold up!!  This challenge is almost over?!?!

giphy.gif

How the hell did 4 weeks pass by so quickly?!

Ugh!!!

I need a thread just for folks who can't deal with CalendarTime.

• Haha 1

The last week of my challenge didn't end so well.  I was right on track to getting 100% all across the board, but something bad happened at work that makes me want to hide in my turtle shell for the next couple of years.  Spoiler alert - I think I'm the villain in this particular story...or at least how I handled the situation.  Ugh.  I feel really bad and let it get the better of me and used it as an excuse to curl into a ball and not do anything for a few days.

But the past is the past and I can't rewrite it, so I'm moving forward...trying to move forward.  

In the meantime...I am doing a side (bonus) challenge for myself.  For the next two weeks until the new challenge starts, I just want to make sure I'm still getting on the treadmill for a minimum of 20 minutes 3 times a week.  I'm feeling confident I can up the intensity a bit, but will still be very wary of doing too much too soon.

Until the next challenge, Druids.  

• Like 1