• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kwesadilo

Kwesadilo gets back into his routine

My move isn't quite complete yet, but I think I've handled most of the onerous, time-critical chores. Now I want to get back to some semblance of an organized life. To that end:

Goals

• Lift 3 times a week. I only lifted perfunctorily for over a month, up until last Wednesday. That was a long enough layoff that I'm back to LP for a little bit, but I want to get back on my game as soon as I can. As of today, my numbers look pretty bad and disproportionate. Squat: 185x5x3; bench: 175x5x3; deadlift: 285x5; press: 95x5x3. I'm still making sure to prioritize correct bar path as I increase my squat, but I haven't found a great way to take videos in my new gym.
  • Get to bed by 11:30 pm at least 5 nights each week. I've been waking up earlier since I got here, probably do to not having my windows covered with aluminum foil anymore. I'm thinking about getting to bed earlier, like 10:30 or 11:00, to balance that out, but I won't make that a goal of this challenge.
  • Do mobility work every day.
  • Do some kind of social activity every week. I don't know many people here, and I don't know what form this will take, and I need to come up with reasons to get out of my apartment.

Week 1 update

• Lifting: Lifted on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
  • Sleep: Got to bed on time every night but Sunday. Sunday isn't really a great day to stay up late, though. I need to keep from getting sucked into the Internet right before I go to bed.
  • Mobility: Did this every day, although some days were a little perfunctory.
  • Socialization: Got dinner with my friends on Sunday.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kwesadilo said:

Sleep: Got to bed on time every night but Sunday. Sunday isn't really a great day to stay up late, though. I need to keep from getting sucked into the Internet right before I go to bed.

Computer or phone? Latter is definitely harder to walk away from.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:18 AM, Grumble said:

Computer or phone? Latter is definitely harder to walk away from.

Phone. I have an alarm on my phone to remind me to go to bed, but sometimes, when I silence it, I will remember something I wanted to check quickly, and then I will get sucked in. I recently started using Digital Wellbeing's wind-down mode, and that seems to help a bit.

Belated week 2 update

I didn't get Internet access set up at my new place until last Tuesday, and, due to complications I created for myself, it didn't actually work until Thursday. Consequently, I neglected to update the thread until now.

• Lifting: Lifted on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Tuesday was abbreviated due to my Internet install appointment.
  • Sleep: Got to bed on time every night.
  • Mobility: I think I did this every day, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • Socialization: Met someone for dinner on Sunday.

Week 3 update

• Lifting: Lifted on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have reached the point in my rerun of SS that I am only deadlifting every other workout, and I ought to be adding in power cleans, but I have just been cutting those workouts short due to more pressing concerns. I believe that will change soon.
  • Sleep: Only got to bed on time on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
  • Mobility: Every day but Tuesday, although some days were very perfunctory.
  • Socialization: Went to my company holiday party on Saturday.

"Week 4" update

I went out of town on December 22nd and didn't get back until yesterday. I didn't have a computer with me, and despite my incredibly open schedule, I didn't get around to posting on my phone.

• Lifting: Lifted Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I did power cleans on Wednesday, using bumper plates for the first time. I worked up to 115 lbs and did 3 sets of 5. Based on how the later sets went, I think that I could have gone higher. I found that I got used to starting from the floor surprisingly easily, although time will tell whether I can still do it when the weight gets heavy.
    • 12/12 workouts: this goal is 100% complete.
  • Sleep: Only got to bed on time on Wednesday and Thursday. Although I was getting ready to go out of town, much of this came down to procrastination.
    • 15/20 days. I started out strong and then really crapped out in the second half.
  • Mobility: Did this every day.
    • 19/20 days.
  • Socialization: This is pretty lame, but the most that I socialized during week 4 was spending a bunch of time talking to a guy at the gym on Wednesday. I didn't plan it, but I say it counts.
    • Socialized every week, surprisingly.
  • Like 1