• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ElizeElvinFoxRyder

elizevdmerwe - Have husband, and Band of Brothers & Sisters

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'd like to point out Texas gets way more sunshine, and we have Brisket and Breakfast Tacos ;) 

We have salmon and the best chocolate

• Haha 1

:D Oh my... what choices!

Brandt says he's flown a lot around Seattle area, as it is/was one of Microsoft's head offices, and the one fly game is a MS game. You nearly had him on the salmon part and me on the chocolates... and you have a lot of gluten free shops and products...

Then again... we've heard so much about brisket and tacos. And we love sunshine...

17 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Come to Belgium. ;) 

I agree, the best chocolate or the best bon-bons anyway... What about Swiss chocolate? :pirate:

A new place that has been mentioned is Panama.

------------------------------------------------------

I finally drew up a month-long menu again. I spoke to Brandt and I told him my will to get myself moving is at another low. Maybe the last spasms of holidays, maybe laziness, maybe the fact that there isn't a Muddy Princess being held in KZN this Jan/Feb :( . I'm trying to pull myself up by my bootstraps to get back into routine. He suggested that I divide my exercises between legs and arms, which will come down to only 4 different exercises every day (3arms/legs + core), but I'll try them every day, then take Sunday as my rest day. That gives me still time to do bible study every morning early, instead of during the day, basically schedule my day how I like it. I just need to get myself going, put the naughty child in the corner, and get on with things. But one thing is sure: I really needed these last ... two weeks ... which I took off. Relaxed and rested, and I'm not sorry that I did it. I actually feel up to finishing the finances and having a look through the school stuff, to make sure that I have covered everything.

The boys fell off the bandwagon w.r.t. their own exercises, but they said they'll also start with me next week. This coming week will be our last week off before we start with school work again. I think we'll only start walking with Brandt again the same week that school starts, because he is also chopping and changing next week according to which of his contracts are open.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Brandt says he's flown a lot around Seattle area, as it is/was one of Microsoft's head offices, and the one fly game is a MS game. You nearly had him on the salmon part and me on the chocolates... and you have a lot of gluten free shops and products...

Then again... we've heard so much about brisket and tacos. And we love sunshine...

Winter we don't get a lot of sunshine , but in the summer and fall we get sunshine, and pleasant , warm days.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, annyshay said:

The new tweak on the schedule might give you some extra energy just with the change, so I say that it sounds like a plan!

I'm hoping so. We'll see how it works out. I really like to have that hour in the morning to myself, and I struggle a lot to change that. Brandt's started to exercise late at night (21h00-22h00) which will change again, and I'll ask the boys not to get up before 6am. Some habits are just best to keep.

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Winter we don't get a lot of sunshine , but in the summer and fall we get sunshine, and pleasant , warm days.

:) I remember all those walks that you described, that you (and hubby) go on regularly.

We'll just have to see what's going to happen in the next couple of months. Will be a Chinese "interesting" situation. Brandt's age and hip replacement counts against us immigrating. Not many places want to take someone on 50+yrs, no matter his qualifications and experience. But we are looking, and will just have to wait and see. Some people are optimistic about the coming year and elections, others not so much.

• Like 4

Received a phone call from an unknown number now, which turned out to be my mom. She borrowed someone's phone to let me know that her phone has finally stopped working, and she needs a new phone. She said she understands that we are financially not in a position to buy her a new phone right now, but... Her voice was slurring and she sounded like she was talking with effort and being very precise.

I kept telling myself that I don't owe her any reasons or have to tell her anything about our finances/position, but then my brain just went blank. I could hardly talk to her anyway. After I put the phone down my heart started beating like crazy. Brandt just said that there is really no way that we can afford to buy a new phone with all the other expenses we have to cover this coming month, on top of him having earned less this month than normally.

I feel very sorry for her. A part of me is trying to work things out, cut here, cut there, maybe don't let Rocco take dance lessons for the first term, then we can buy her a cheaper phone, but I don't see her having a phone as an emergency, and I don't want to do that to Rocco. She is still receiving her pocket money and there is a phone booth in the home if she has to phone someone urgently, and the sisters will phone me if there is a medical emergency.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Received a phone call from an unknown number now, which turned out to be my mom. She borrowed someone's phone to let me know that her phone has finally stopped working, and she needs a new phone. She said she understands that we are financially not in a position to buy her a new phone right now, but... Her voice was slurring and she sounded like she was talking with effort and being very precise.

I kept telling myself that I don't owe her any reasons or have to tell her anything about our finances/position, but then my brain just went blank. I could hardly talk to her anyway. After I put the phone down my heart started beating like crazy. Brandt just said that there is really no way that we can afford to buy a new phone with all the other expenses we have to cover this coming month, on top of him having earned less this month than normally.

I feel very sorry for her. A part of me is trying to work things out, cut here, cut there, maybe don't let Rocco take dance lessons for the first term, then we can buy her a cheaper phone, but I don't see her having a phone as an emergency, and I don't want to do that to Rocco. She is still receiving her pocket money and there is a phone booth in the home if she has to phone someone urgently, and the sisters will phone me if there is a medical emergency.

She has lied many times about the phone already, unless the sisters tell you the phone is actually broken, don't believe it. Even if it is broken, as you say you can't afford to get her a new one. Furthermore, using someone else's phone is a boundary violation and a manipulation tactic. Tell the sisters she did it, and let unkown numbers go to voicemail.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

She has lied many times about the phone already, unless the sisters tell you the phone is actually broken, don't believe it. Even if it is broken, as you say you can't afford to get her a new one. Furthermore, using someone else's phone is a boundary violation and a manipulation tactic. Tell the sisters she did it, and let unkown numbers go to voicemail.

Yes all true. And as it is, we have to break the boys' extra-mural expenses for the term into monthly payments, so we're going to have to pay a bit more in the end. I spoke to mil this morning and she and Brandt feels that even if we had money, we should wait so that my mom can realise what it feels like not to have a cellphone, and maybe she'll learn to appreciate what she has, instead of breaking it like a naughty child who wants a new toy. I don't hold out much hope for that lesson, as it hasn't worked for anything else (her glasses, books, wool, shoes, stress colouring books and pencils, etc. comes to mind while she was staying with us).

16 hours ago, annyshay said:

So sorry that your mom pulled that stunt on you. Hoping you get some peace soon.

:love_heart: at least the level of anxiety was much less than previous times, and I had no trouble sleeping last night.

I'll start a new challenge a bit later today. We have so much to do in town: pay bills, replace Brandt's bank card (but that will only be finalised by Thursday), donate blood, and there are a couple places Brandt wants to go to, which I have to go along for.

His bank card was cancelled this weekend because they (card fraud department from our bank chain) received an electronic notification that his card was being used "inappropriately", or something like that. They phoned us and said that someone tried to spend first R5000 at one shop, then R3000 and R2500 respectively at various liquor stores. Luckily the transactions didn't go through any of those times (I would have received notifications then), and because of the card setup the transactions were caught, but Brandt's original card was blocked as well. They suspect someone made various copies of his card's magnetic strip, not the chip, and they transfered the info to blank cards. Luckily his card is not set up to ever work through magnetic strip (swipe) transactions.

So I'll chat later in my new challenge.

• Like 1