• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr_Willes

Dear Diary

22 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

WILLES!! Glad you're back, brother! We can't end 2018 without ya dude :)

So, let's go out with a

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor explosion iron man gif

Good to see you my Brother, i will introduce myself in your challenge in a few!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Wolfie and Willy sitting in a tree....

giphy.gif

Image result for blades of glory two hot dogs gif

44 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Good to see you my Brother, i will introduce myself in your challenge in a few!

Yussss!!

Image result for the league gif

Wolf

• Like 1

A ha now this is more like what I have come to expect of Mr Willes threads! Not that I wouldnt follow and support otherwise, but you've gotta know how great this all is haha. All that's missing is the celery..........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

A ha now this is more like what I have come to expect of Mr Willes threads! Not that I wouldnt follow and support otherwise, but you've gotta know how great this all is haha. All that's missing is the celery..........

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor thank you gif

Good point @Raxie, we can never be overeducated, especially when it comes to celery!

So especially for all the NewB's

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor celery colon

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

This thread is epic!

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bfec3ea6546355532

Following!!! :D 

Hey hey my fellow countryman! Good to see you stumbling over here! We need to get acquainted asap! 

10 hours ago, Raxie said:

Hahahahaha oh man never gets old.

It really is a classic!

7 hours ago, Cheetah said:

giphy.gif

What??? Did you not know of this??? Well then, i'm glad i got to enlighten you!

"Embrace" the celery!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor show ass gif

• Like 1

DEAR DIARY

Yesterday my computer parts i bought on Black Friday arrived. Needless to say nothing else got done, and i stayed up way past my curfew. And i didn't have any beer, so little steps ATM.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor computer hardware gif

And

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor installing windows 95 gif

and eventually me at about 1 AM:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor computer nerd gif

But my god does the new hardware work slick, i completely installed Windows 10 within the hour, twice!

Nutrition:

Breakfast: 1: :) :)  - :) - . - . - . - . 2: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 3: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 4: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 

No Beer: 1: :mad-new: :)  - :) - . - . - . - . 2: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 3: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 4: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 

Exercise:

CF: 1: X :) - X - . - X - X - X 2: X - . - X - . - X - X - X 3: X - . - X - . - X - X - X 4: X - . - X - . - X - X - X 

Extra: 1: X :)  - X - X - X - X - X 2:  - X - X - X - X - X - X 3: X - X - X - X - X - X - X 4: X - X - X - X - X - X - X

Sleep:

Before midnight: :mad-new: :)  - :mad-new: - . - . - . - . 2: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 3: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 4: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 

Before 11: X :)  - X - X - X - X - X 2:  - X - X - X - X - X - X 3: X - X - X - X - X - X - X 4: X - X - X - X - X - X - X

Check ins:

Working days: :) :)  - :) - . - . - . - . 2: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 3: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 4: . - . - . - . - . - . - .

Weekend: X - X - X - X - X - . - . 2: X - X - X - X - X - . - . 3: X - X - X - X - X - . - . 4: X - X - X - X - X - . - .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr_Willes said:

But my god does the new hardware work slick, i completely installed Windows 10 within the hour, twice

Okay I’ve not asked yet, not least because @Rhovaniel‘s eyes start to glaze over when we approach technical talk :) what did you buy? Spare me none of the technical nerdy details! 

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

what did you buy? Spare me none of the technical nerdy details!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor i thought you would never ask gif

So here goes: (spoilered for people that don't care about this stuff)

Spoiler

Processor: Ryzen 5 2600

Due to shortages the prices of Intel have skyrocketed AND the next generation (ZEN2) will very probably also be available for the AM4 platform with only needing a bios flash, that's why i know opted for the best bang for the buck (this one was more than € 100 less than the Intel equivalent, and € 50 less compared to the 2600x). Also the 9th generation Intel Core will probably be replaced by a new socket next generation. So that would mean i would now have to buy a relatively expensive motherboard, an expensive processor (due to the mentioned shortages) and i will be stuck with it when the next generation comes out.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

I read a few reviews of motherboard roundups and this one was pretty reasonable priced while having a really solid electrical circuit. Which usually contributes a lot to all-around-stability. That's why i don't mind spending a bit extra, i have that with a few parts especially motherboard / power suppply.

Videocard: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC

This was a black friday impulse decision. For some reason this card is priced over € 100 cheaper than any other Vega 56. I really like the fact i can now search for a Freesync Monitor and with this deal it just certainly was the best bang for the buck even compared to all the nVidia cards.

Case: Fractal Design Define C TG (Tempered Glass)

I had a case laying around from my sisters old computer, so i didn't plan on buying a new case. Also because i had my heart set on some cases that were just very expensive. But when i got all my other stuff, i just thought that the small price of the case didn't make that much of difference, though it did prevent from buying that stupid expensive. And i can tell you (just like the reviews i read) this is a great case for a great price!

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Just like i have a "solid" motherboard i also wanted a "solid" cooler. I even eyeballed watercooling but that was a bit too much over the top. So i decided on a very good air cooling solution. And i must say, this one is fantastic! What a great piece of hardware! And i'm pretty sure that i can safely overclock a bit now.

Memory: G Skill 2x 8GB 3200 CAS 16 RGB memory

This one was pretty easy, solid 2x8 GB fast memory for a good price. As i'm building this pc with my son, i opted for some RGB stuff, while keeping everything Asus Aura certified.

Power Supply: Corsair RM550x (2018)

Again, read a few reviews, and listen to some people that know their stuff, and this one was recommended, again to make sure i get that "solid"/"stable" machine. And people tend to go overboard on the Watts which really isn't needed (as i read), so "only" a 550 watt.

Harddisk: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB

This was a bit more expensive than needed to be. I also could have gone with the 860 which has the same practical speed. But i really wanted an M.2 harddisk and this also came with a discount on black friday and a free copy of Assassins Creed Odyssey.

So there you have it, my new system. I already got an older QHD 27" Dell monitor at home. But now i will be on the lookout for another 27 inch Freesync monitor, to set up dual screen, with one for playing games. I'm also thinking about trading out the default case fans, with some high quality RGB for a better airflow and some added wow-effect.

Having not done much research it now appears that the Vega56 is a pretty good overclockable card, so that will keep me busy for a couple of days. I also plan on overclocking the Ryzen, and next to being on the lookout for a new screen, i'm also keep on eye on the new generation processors from AMD

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor i thought you would never ask gif

So here goes: (spoilered for people that don't care about this stuff)

Hide contents

Processor: Ryzen 5 2600

Due to shortages the prices of Intel have skyrocketed AND the next generation (ZEN2) will very probably also be available for the AM4 platform with only needing a bios flash, that's why i know opted for the best bang for the buck (this one was more than € 100 less than the Intel equivalent, and € 50 less compared to the 2600x). Also the 9th generation Intel Core will probably be replaced by a new socket next generation. So that would mean i would now have to buy a relatively expensive motherboard, an expensive processor (due to the mentioned shortages) and i will be stuck with it when the next generation comes out.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

I read a few reviews regarding the motherboard and this one was pretty reasonable priced while having a really solid electrical circuit. Which usually contributes a lot to all-around-stability. That's why i don't mind spending a bit extra, i have that with a few parts especially motherboard / power suppply.

Videocard: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC

This was a black friday impulse decision. For some reason this card is priced over € 100 cheaper than any other Vega 56. I really like the fact i can now search for a Freesync Monitor and with this deal it just certainly was the best bang for the buck even compared to all the nVidia cards.

Case: Fractal Design Define C TG (Tempered Glass)

I had a case laying around from my sisters old computer, so i didn't plan on buying a new case. Also because i had my heart set on some cases that were just very expensive. But when i got all my other stuff, i just thought that the small price of the case didn't make that much of difference, though it did prevent from buying that stupid expensive. And i can tell you (just like the reviews i read) this is a great case for a great price!

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Just like i have a "solid" motherboard i also wanted a "solid" cooler. I even eyeballed watercooling but that was a bit too much over the top. So i decided on a very good air cooling solution. And i must say, this one is fantastic! What a great piece of hardware! And i'm pretty sure that i can safely overclock a bit now.

Memory: G Skill 2x 8GB 3200 CAS 16 RGB memory

This one was pretty easy, solid 2x8 GB fast memory for a good price. As i'm building this pc with my son, i opted for some RGB stuff, while keeping everything Asus Aura certified.

Power Supply: Corsair RM550x (2018)

Again, read a few reviews, and listen to some people that know their stuff, and this one was recommended, again to make sure i get that "solid"/"stable" machine. And people tend to go overboard on the Watts which really isn't needed (as i read), so "only" a 550 watt.

Harddisk: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB

This was a bit more expensive than needed to be. I also could have gone with the 860 which has the same practical speed. But i really wanted an M.2 harddisk and this also came with a discount on black friday and a free copy of Assassins Creed Odyssey.

So there you have it, my new system. I already got an older QHD 27" Dell monitor at home. But now i will be on the lookout for another 27 inch Freesync monitor, to set up dual screen, with one for playing games. I'm also thinking about trading out the default case fans, with some high quality RGB for a better airflow and some added wow-effect.

Having not done much research it now appears that the Vega56 is a pretty good overclockable card, so that will keep me busy for a couple of days. I also plan on overclocking the Ryzen, and next to being on the lookout for a new screen, i'm also keep on eye on the new generation processors from AMD

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Reveal hidden contents

15 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor thank you gif

Good point @Raxie, we can never be overeducated, especially when it comes to celery!

So especially for all the NewB's

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor celery colon

Exactly what I needed to start my day right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Exactly what I needed to start my day right.

If only we all had access to a celery offering to do some very interesting things with a toothbrush every morning the world would be a better place (????) Hahah

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Raxie said:

If only we all had access to a celery offering to do some very interesting things with a toothbrush every morning the world would be a better place (????) Hahah

It'd certainly make the world a more interesting place... 

• Haha 2

Busy busy busy,

So just a small update. Weekend wasn't stellar, but somehow i started this week with a new found energy. The stubbornness is back and i'm embracing it fully. No candy, no beer, in bed before midnight, and even 11.

Today is our Saint Nicholas, tomorrow a free day. Will work out a bit too.

Gotta run!

• Like 6

On 12/5/2018 at 12:38 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Busy busy busy,

So just a small update. Weekend wasn't stellar, but somehow i started this week with a new found energy. The stubbornness is back and i'm embracing it fully. No candy, no beer, in bed before midnight, and even 11.

Today is our Saint Nicholas, tomorrow a free day. Will work out a bit too.

Gotta run!

giphy.gif

Hey man long time no see. Good job on the baby steps :D

DEAR DIARY

Really... Has it already been 10 days since i last was here for a proper update, it seems like yesterday...

Ok so in short, busy week with a lot of family stuff and reconstructing the attic. Also last weekend i was kinda sick, not really sick like puking and stuff, but enough to keep me in bed most of the time and not eating much, also i only went out for some family event.

Short recap of week 1:

Nutrition was spot on, no beer went pretty well.

Exercise, i traded in one workout for helping out FIL with the attic, 2 full days of physical labor makes up for that one hour of CF (it was also the reason i couldn't go to CF)

Sleep, not quite sure anymore but with i'm pretty sure the rest of the week went pretty good. Cause i can clearly remember the last times i didn't make it.

Check ins, okay you got me there... "Really... Has it already been 10 days since ..."

Short recap of week 2:

Nutrition was spot on right up to my free days, and with the weekend being sick it wasn't what i had planned too.

Exercise, i traded in one workout for helping out FIL with the attic, 2 full days of physical labor makes up for that one hour of CF (it was also the reason i couldn't go to CF)

Sleep, doing pretty good, except that one day i had some beers and i stayed up way way way too late!

Check ins, like i said "10 days since ..."

Nutrition:

Breakfast: 1: :) :)  - :) - :) - :)  - :)  - :) 2: :) - :) - :) - :mad-new:. - :mad-new: - X - X 3: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 4: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 

No Beer: 1: :mad-new: :)  - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) 2: :):) - :) - :mad-new: - X - X - X 3: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 4: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 

Exercise:

CF: 1: X :) - X - :mad-new: - X - :) - :) 2: X - :) - X - :mad-new: - :) - X - X 3: X - . - X - . - X - X - X 4: X - . - X - . - X - X - X 

Extra: 1: X :)  - X - X - X - X - X 2:  - X - X - X - X - X - X 3: X - X - X - X - X - X - X 4: X - X - X - X - X - X - X

Sleep:

Before midnight: :mad-new: :) - :mad-new: - :) - :) - :) - :) 2: :) - :) - :) - :mad-new: - :mad-new: - :) - :) 3: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 4: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 

Before 11: X :) - X - X - X - X - X 2:  X - X - X - X - X - X - X 3: X - X - X - X - X - X - X 4: X - X - X - X - X - X - X

Check ins:

Working days: :) :)  - :) - :mad-new: - :mad-new: - :mad-new: - :mad-new: 2: :mad-new::mad-new: - :) - :mad-new: - :mad-new: - :mad-new: - :mad-new: 3: . - . - . - . - . - . - . 4: . - . - . - . - . - . - .

Weekend: X - X - X - X - X - :mad-new: - :mad-new: 2: X - X - X - X - X - :mad-new: - :mad-new: 3: X - X - X - X - X - . - . 4: X - X - X - X - X - . - .

• Like 6