littlewings

It’s been so long since I’ve last logged in here or even since I’ve last used this username anywhere. If I’m being honest, I’m mostly here because emcee got me to join this month’s challenge. I’m going through some changes with a new job, plus freelancing, and building my own brand so this is as good a time as any.

Goals:

1.       Fix Muscle Imbalances: Supplement 3x/week climbing with accessory exercises (need to strengthen and loosen push muscles)

2.       Eat more vegetarian proteins and protein supplements (goal is 90g protein daily), as of right now I do not eat red meat as I’m sloooowly transitioning to vegetarian

3.       Stick to a budget using Daily Budget phone app

Keeping it simple. This week life is sort of on pause because I’m out in Arizona until next Monday (which is when I start work) so for me, the first week will be a pre-challenge prep and organizing time while I’m semi on vacation!

Well, hey there! Welcome back! It's been a minute, as the children say. :)

I'll be very interested in hearing about your journey toward vegetarianism, as I may need to undertake that journey myself for some health-related reasons. I've heard that, the harder you go there, the more likely it is you'll need certain supplements to make up for nutritional deficiencies like vitamin B and creatine. Don't know if that's necessarily true, but will be very interested to hear about it.

What kind of training are you going to do for muscle imbalances?

HI. HIYA. HELLO.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

23 hours ago, Kishi said:

Well, hey there! Welcome back! It's been a minute, as the children say. :)

I'll be very interested in hearing about your journey toward vegetarianism, as I may need to undertake that journey myself for some health-related reasons. I've heard that, the harder you go there, the more likely it is you'll need certain supplements to make up for nutritional deficiencies like vitamin B and creatine. Don't know if that's necessarily true, but will be very interested to hear about it.

What kind of training are you going to do for muscle imbalances?

Yeah! It's definitely true, but for some, eating lots of legumes, tofu, etc. is enough. My stomach is quite sensitive with legumes so for me it doesn't work out that way. I've been off of red meat for about 3 months now (with the exception of one mishap last night and a couple times of eating steak in my dreams) and I plan on still eating chicken/fish/turkey for a while until I can maintain my weight. Yall know I struggle to eat enough in general so... I've realized I lost about 5lbs, most of which is probably muscle, so hopefully along with getting back to climbing after an injury, I can gain some of it back! 

As for muscle imbalances, I'm working on a bodyweight program for myself. My pecs are the worst right now so it will mainly be chest stretches and push ups (For context, I can crank out 2-3 pull ups in one go, but ask me to do push ups, and I can only do a single one...). I also need to work on extensor muscles for my wrists. Also squats. Doing nothing but climbing for the past 2 years has made me a bit of a mess. <_<

22 hours ago, raptron said:

HI. HIYA. HELLO.

HI I MISS YOU

On 11/27/2018 at 6:58 PM, sarakingdom said:

Welcome back! Good to see you.

. Thanks, sara! :) 

• Like 1

Man. I botched this to the max. 

Started a new full time job which has turned out amazing but it took priority over everything else... then I got real sick for 3 weeks, got a minor concussion and haven't climbed in over a month.

But, I have also realized that NF challenges really just don't cut it for me anymore. :( I have the motivation and have been picking myself back up over the past week, sorting things out physically in a notebook, but even though I miss yall, my desire to come here and post is null.