Jump to content

traaki squeaks in under the wire.


traaki

Recommended Posts

Oh god, bronchitis can be so debilitating. I remember the last time I had it (years ago, thankfully) I felt like I'd never fully get over the last of it. Hang in there. You're doing a great job!

"We can be heroes"

 

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Link to post
5 hours ago, Manarelle said:

 

giphy.gif

 

Nice work this week. AND the bonus goal, AND the biking..... you nailed this one. How far was the bike ride? Kudos to you for doing it in the cold, I think I'd have died. 

YASS I LOVE THAT FLOWER GIF!!  

 

Bike ride was 3.2 miles.  I used to ride all winter in MN, but I've gotten soft. Still remembering all the layering tricks and digging out the right gear for cold weather biking. But there's no snow so I am happy. 

 

3 hours ago, raptron said:

\o/

\o/

 

2 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Oh god, bronchitis can be so debilitating. I remember the last time I had it (years ago, thankfully) I felt like I'd never fully get over the last of it. Hang in there. You're doing a great job!

Yeah, it totally stinks. Still coughing a fair amount but thankfully it does seem to be diminishing. 

  • Like 2

Traaki, Level 23 Half-Orc Assassin 

Current challenge: traaki gets some sun. Just a little. * Respawned on June 25, 2018

Previous: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Epic QuestBattlelog

Link to post
On 12/2/2018 at 7:50 PM, traaki said:

Front-runners for long-term goal/stupid human trick: 

 

Backbend--for some reason this one feels really achievable, probably just because I used to be able to do it.  And it doesn't require much in terms of space or equipment.  Plus it might counteract my bad sitting habits.

Pistol squats--my knees do better the more squats I do, and the progression here is basically to get better at squats and do a lot of them. Plus it's fancy. 

 

 Okay, I know I'm late, but you've picked the same two stupid human tricks I'm working on and planning to start, so I have to follow now to see how you do and root for you.  I think it's the law or something. :P

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

Link to post

Week 4 check-in!

Q1: Workout 2x per week + 2 extra workouts as able. (3/2)

Q2: Bike 1x per week. (0/1)

Q3: Daily progress on kickstarter rewards. (Days worked on: M, Tu, W, Th)

Q4: Have a salad or otherwise sub in veggies 3x per week. (5/3)

 

Feeling pretty good about this week. I swapped biking for another workout. A. I had serious DOMS, B. Scheduling was hard, and C. My lungs still suck from the bronchitis. 

 

I've also been writing a lot--keeping on track for my hours-of-editing goal, and working nearly every single day. The momentum feels really good. 

 

I probably won't check in again this challenge, since it's nearly done and my in-laws are coming tomorrow. But I'm happy with how this went! 

 

During zero week, I'm planning to keep up on everything but the biking--hard to get out with the family around. I think it will be a challenge mostly because the house is going to be FULL of people and so overwhelming, and I'm the only person working.  But I'll be okay there.  


In the New Year, I'm looking forward to keeping up with my workouts (might set a higher goal for 2019?), more veggies/better eating, and lots of writing. I have a day set aside for my big year planning session and am super excited to review what I did this year and what the next year will bring. I managed to get some seriously emotionally heavy projects off my plate in 2018, and I'm looking forward to continuing that in 2019. 

 

Thanks y'all for the support this year! It's been an amazing help and also a lot of fun. <3 <3 <3 

  • Like 2

Traaki, Level 23 Half-Orc Assassin 

Current challenge: traaki gets some sun. Just a little. * Respawned on June 25, 2018

Previous: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Epic QuestBattlelog

Link to post
19 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

 

 Okay, I know I'm late, but you've picked the same two stupid human tricks I'm working on and planning to start, so I have to follow now to see how you do and root for you.  I think it's the law or something. :P

YAS!!! Let's both be awesome at our stupid human tricks!!

Traaki, Level 23 Half-Orc Assassin 

Current challenge: traaki gets some sun. Just a little. * Respawned on June 25, 2018

Previous: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Epic QuestBattlelog

Link to post
On 12/22/2018 at 9:08 PM, traaki said:

I probably won't check in again this challenge, since it's nearly done and my in-laws are coming tomorrow. But I'm happy with how this went! 

 

Whenever you get back, grats on a successful challenge. Good that you made yourself happy - that's the person that counts. 

 

On 12/22/2018 at 9:08 PM, traaki said:

In the New Year, I'm looking forward to keeping up with my workouts (might set a higher goal for 2019?), more veggies/better eating, and lots of writing. I have a day set aside for my big year planning session and am super excited to review what I did this year and what the next year will bring. I managed to get some seriously emotionally heavy projects off my plate in 2018, and I'm looking forward to continuing that in 2019. 

 

Thanks y'all for the support this year! It's been an amazing help and also a lot of fun. <3 <3 <3 

 

Glad to hear that you're heading into 2019 on a better footing. Here's to another year of progress and successes. 

 

GREATPOST_go_you.gif

  • Like 1

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines