• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kcaleece

The Apex of KCAleece's 2018

Sorry you're knee is hurting. I sit like that often. I  think it is actually good to sit that way. Sitting in chairs, our knees don't get much range of motion, so having them bent more and then standing up is actually helpful. Maybe it's just too much in one position? Or maybe it's how you are landing in the jumps? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry you're knee is hurting. I sit like that often. I  think it is actually good to sit that way. Sitting in chairs, our knees don't get much range of motion, so having them bent more and then standing up is actually helpful. Maybe it's just too much in one position? Or maybe it's how you are landing in the jumps? 

It could be. I've sat like that for years and it never bothered me until the baby became mobile, which means a LOT of up-and-down-off-the-floor all day long. Maybe I've just done it too many times and my knee has to catch up, so to speak. I didn't *think* my jumping form was that bad - I do have some actual experience, it's just a good decade old at this point :) But I've also tried to read up on knee pain a little and I don't seem to fit into any of the most common categories at least, so I seriously have no idea what happened.

Otherwise I'm waiting for the third school district to call me back - I left a message on Monday but didn't get a call back so I called again yesterday after work. This time they sent me to a different person? I had to leave a message for her too though so hopefully I'll hear back today. I'm starting to lose hope I'll find a new position before next semester though :( 

Quest 1: Learn 5-10 Spanish words per day

Current Progress: A return to non exam words today with 5 new verbs correct! I'm going to have to do an overall quiz at some point just to see how well I'm retaining these words over longer spans of time. Total words so far: 82

15/28 days complete

Quest 2: Stop the Weight Gain

Current Progress: Only one dessert yesterday, which was honestly rather difficult. I'm stressed to the max and can feel myself struggling not to shut down. I've started to cultivate some non-sugar options, but they're not nearly as quick or easily accessible as desserts to be honest. I can shove a piece of chocolate in my mouth during passing period; I can't watch one of my favorite silly YouTube channels due to time, tech availability, etc.

13/27 days of only one dessert, 1 box of mac and cheese left

Quest 3: Get Moving Again

Current Progress: No new workouts yesterday. I technically had a chance but I was trying to hurry to pick up the baby as quickly as possible (I didn't get to see him for basically 24 hours thanks to my final being super late) and didn't even think about it until much later. Hoping for a small one today though since I forgot the checks I needed to take to the bank after work...so I suppose there's an extra few minutes!

4/10 workouts complete

• Like 1

Kinda good news! I finally got through to that third district on the phone yesterday. The halftime positions cannot be combined this year due to the fact master schedules are already set (disappointing, but expected); however, if I emphasize that would be a goal for me during my interview, they can likely make that happen for next school year. And since halftime positions apparently get benefits with them (not all districts offer benefits to 0.5 teachers), I'm pretty sure we can make it through a single semester of half pay. I'm also debating picking up a few hours here and there at a retail type job (I know there's a coffeeshop that's hiring in that area at least...) just to bring in a little more during that time - IF I get a job offer from them, of course. I decided to submit my applications last night and we'll see what happens from there! It's far from a perfect solution but at least I get to feel like I tried - I even confirmed it was a real posting this time, hahaha :)

Current Progress: Only 1 right today, but that's because I spent all my study time trying to figure out the job thing. Worth it for my peace of mind, even if I don't get the job. Total words so far: 83

16/28 days complete

Current Progress: Only one dessert yesterday, which was still incredibly difficult. Today's method is "relax, think about the possible interview coming up, and wear a brand new lipstick color I don't want to smudge" :) Hopefully it'll help!

14/27 days of only one dessert, 1 box of mac and cheese left

Current Progress: No new workouts yesterday...I'm starting to feel bad about that. I did some lunges during my plan period while no one else was in my room (today) but I need to fit in two more things before I can count it as a full 3 activity workout tomorrow!

4/10 workouts complete

• Like 1

Yesterday I'm only counting wins. We had a student pass away yesterday morning - he was skipping class, went joyriding, lost control of the the car while speeding, hit a parked truck and flipped over a guardrail. He was not one of my students directly but many of my students were friends with him (he was an ELL student but in more advanced classes than I teach). For me, his face was recognizable but I didn't know his name before yesterday. The news came out right before lunch, so...yeah. That was a thing.

Current Progress: I did actually get all 5 right today, but that's because I did most of my studying in the morning. Total words so far: 88

17/28 days complete

Current Progress: I had two desserts yesterday: a couple cookies right after school and then my normal post-dinner dessert. Maybe not the best response, but...oh well. I do feel kinda bloated today and my pants are a little tighter - I think that's more due to it being nearly that time of the month though. Yesterday's just...going away otherwise. I'm not counting it against me or for me. I do have extra cookies leftover today but I'm only allowed one day of stress/grief desserts.

14/26 days of only one dessert, 1 box of mac and cheese left

Current Progress: I didn't do anything besides my lunges. I can't count that as a workout (I need 3 things to make a workout, according to my challenge) but I am going to "roll it over" to today. So as long as I get at least 2 other exercises today - though I'll still try for 3! - it'll be workout #5 regardless.

4/10 workouts complete

*deep breath* Okay, so I'm trying to get my shit back together, but it's been a little hit or miss. I took most of the weekend "off" to hang out with my husband and baby and just...exist. Between a terrible job, the student's death, extended family nonsense, and a couple other such stressors, it was nice to just enjoy life a little bit. I bought two new lipsticks too - super cheap, only $1 a tube - and have been enjoying wearing them. It's actually the first time I've ever used liquid lipstick so I think I mess with it too much during the day, hahaha, but it's fun nevertheless!

Current Progress: I took the weekend off from this, but got 2 right this morning. Total words so far: 90

19?/28 days complete

Current Progress: I've had a few "larger than they really should have been" desserts but I've technically stuck to only one dessert per day, so I'm going with it. And I haven't had any more mac and cheese yet, which I'm super proud of!

17/26 days of only one dessert, 1 box of mac and cheese left

Current Progress: I did 1 workout over the weekend, but replaced stair jumps with 3x as many calf raises (which are easier for me, but also gentler on my knee). The knee is starting to feel better, so that's a good sign at least!

5/10 workouts complete

• Like 2

Thanks you guys! I'm trying to drop my shoulder and power on through this week. It's a bit of a rough one anyway, with finals and all that kind of thing going on. But I did officially get my A in Spanish 4 posted to my transcript yesterday, so that's exciting! And Praxis scores come out tomorrow holy shit am I ever nervous for that one...!

Current Progress: I forgot to post yesterday, but combined yesterday and today I scored 7 words correct. Total words so far: 97

21?/28 days complete

Current Progress: I would like to say I've kept up here...Tuesday was fine but yesterday was not. I was stressed and had a bunch of social events where I felt too awkward to turn down food. So while I kept each serving very small, I technically had three different desserts in total. I also made the last box of mac and cheese after we discovered the chicken we'd meant to make for dinner had turned while we were at work, ugh.

18/26 days of only one dessert, 0 boxes of mac and cheese left

Current Progress: No workouts. Sigh.

5/10 workouts complete

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, kcaleece said:

But I did officially get my A in Spanish 4 posted to my transcript yesterday, so that's exciting! And Praxis scores come out tomorrow holy shit am I ever nervous for that one...!

Ohh well done on getting the A! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your Praxis score! 

4 hours ago, kcaleece said:

I was stressed and had a bunch of social events where I felt too awkward to turn down food. So while I kept each serving very small, I technically had three different desserts in total. I also made the last box of mac and cheese after we discovered the chicken we'd meant to make for dinner had turned while we were at work, ugh.

Yeah this sounds like a needed break. At least you know what happened.

And congrats on your A.