Hello! I have decided to go by Akira all the way from Atlanta and  I have been reading Nerd Fitness for years and FINALLY found the courage to join the forum. 

Don't know what guild to join and still drafting goals for next year, all I know is, I want to get FIT!

Pleasure meeting you all!

Stay tuned.....:flustered:

• Like 1

Ok so I finally got some time to post my goals and make this thing REAL. But first, a little about me....

I have always struggled with my physical appearance and self esteem, as I was bullied by classmates, family members, and even who I thought were my friends. I experienced some trauma as a child and this ended up being the catalyst for depression,  weight gain, anxiety, dead end jobs and college majors, abusive relationships, and one sided friendships.  

Here are my goals for 2019 :

My purpose is to be a role model and leader by proving that you can accomplish your dreams no matter where you come from, what you look like, or your social status. I am bold, kind, fit, and fabulous!!! 

1. Fitness - (I am 5'4 and currently 177 pounds with 36.1% BF and 28.5% Muscle) 
  • Goal weight is 145 pounds, 25% Body fat
  • Get certified as a fitness instructor 
  • Start taking Jazz dance lessons
  • Start taking Martial Arts lessons 
  • Be able to do 30 push ups
  • Be able to do 10 pull ups

My workouts will be HIIT and mobility focused to lose the weight and practice good form. Based on my hobbies I am guessing this makes me an Assassin! 

2. Career/Finance

• Graduate with my bachelors
  • Get a job as a fitness instructor - Next week I have an interview at a local gym for a front desk position. 
  • I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with my current desk job
  • Make enough money to move into an apartment
  • Become a Physical Therapist - Start research

The last one is huge and I am not sure if it is realistic, but I have a real passion for helping others. I was hesitant about even writing it, but I want to dream big. Becoming a doctor does far more than a year of course, but I want to set the wheels in motion in 2019, if I decide to pursue it. 

3. Hobbies/projects/skills

• Open an etsy shop for my artwork
  • Create a comic 
  • Record a song - (Currently taking singing lessons)
  • Volunteer - I want to start a non-profit 
  • Improve my Japanese - I have basic fluency 

I believe it is in my DNA to be an artist, at least part time. No matter the situation, job, or state of mind, I will always be a creative! I chose volunteer work because giving is one of the most beautiful things you can do for someone, along with teaching. :) 

Thank you for reading!!!