• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Leigh

Finishing off the year Painfuleigh

I'm alive, kind of...

I managed to completely give up on a lot of goals I had for myself by subtle procrastination. I stopped going to the gym because it was too hot in the summer and by the time early fall rolled around I was so out of the habit of going I wound up giving my gym a few hundred dollars because I just forgot it existed... Eating healthy sort of went the same way, I had a few stressful days at work so I ate a lot of cookies and then the sugar fixation kicked in and slowly but surely more and more junk got added into my diet and then it became so habitual that making a proper dinner just didn't even occur to me.

Sleep has slightly improved in that I'm getting a consistent amount of it during the week and I'm not staying up until stupid o'clock in the morning on the weekends. I can't say I'm getting a lot of sleep, but I average about 6-7 hours each day between night time sleep and well deserved naps after hectic days at work.

I foolishly started smoking a bit here and there again and that shit ends today. Partly because I had a wisdom tooth removed and was told firmly to not smoke or use straws for a few days to let the wound heal and because well, it makes food taste boring and makes everything smell bad. I am just so damn glad I never crave them, and only have the stupid reaction of "sure, thanks" when my friends who smoke offer them to me.

One good thing did happen in my slow slide into bad habits though, I saved up a bunch of money before the holiday season kicked in so I was able to afford to have this stupid tooth removed without being dead ass broke and unable to afford the horribly consumerism of the season! I loath the holiday season so much... soooooooooo much.

But enough of that nonsense, on to what I want to accomplish by the end of the year!

• No smoking
  • No going to Tim's for pointless snacks
  • One cookie per work day maximum
  • Go to the gym once per week (most likely Thursdays because I work a half day)
  • Make dinner fit into smaller bowls and smaller plates so that I can eat things I want, but eat less of them

And on that note, I'm going to go pick up some annoying year end consumerism items that I had shipped to the store. I am so freaking hungry but I can't eat anything for another hours :( Today sucks, work tomorrow should be interesting with my jaw being angry and all. Oh! and the root of the tooth I had pulled is shaped like a Nike swoosh :P which is apparently really strange. Seems even by teeth like to live their lives with flare!

• Like 4

I have come to realize two things about dental surgery today...

1. the epic pain my friends have all claimed they suffered through with their wisdom teeth being removed is a myth (or I am just really freaking lucky)

2. While there isn't any pain in chewing food I can't get my mouth open wide enough to eat anything more than 1 cm tall... :(

I did, however, manage to avoid eating cookies and had apple sauce for lunch. A few of my customers were confused as to why I wasn't smiling at all today, but when I said I was working on my Jean Chretien impression and got a lot of laughs from some of my older customers :P

He was our Prime Minister from 1994-2000, really great man if you ask me.

• No smoking
    • so far so good, and my friend at work who smokes thankfully didn't ask me if I wanted any which was helpful
    • went this morning with a gift card that I won at my sister's work holiday party. They sell muffins that have real fruit and a shit load of fibre in them and I don't have anything at home small enough to eat and nothing at work at the moment that really works.
    • nada! NONE fuck you cookies
    • went for a long winding walk last night to pick up some stuff and caught a bunch of pokemon. I didn't physically feel up for going to the gym yesterday because my face still feels super messed up but I wanted to be a little more active than my current normal.
  • Make dinner fit into smaller bowls and smaller plates so that I can eat things I want, but eat less of them
    • can't say I did well on this one, but then again I didn't have lunch yesterday because I left work and went directly to the dentist. I had some french fries while I was out and still under the effects of the dental freezing stuff and had a bowl of sidekicks noodles for dinner because it didn't require chewing at all :) It was more food than I wanted to eat but I was ravenous and didn't have many options available.
On 11/29/2018 at 3:42 PM, Sylvaa said:

I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE BACK! 

I vividly imagined you screaming this drill sergeant style hahaha :P thanks!

23 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

Same here. Although I think I’ve been msotly

gone with you. 

I think a whole lot of people kind of trickled out in an unintentional mass exodus of NF this year... I'm glad to see a few of us are trickling back in :)

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Leigh said:

I vividly imagined you screaming this drill sergeant style hahaha :P thanks!

I almost made my reaction to your post to laugh. I'm not sure I'm that scary. Truly I think the mental picture NF peeps have of me probably don't match me as a person. I'm quiet and unassuming! Promise!

TBH, when I had my wisdom teeth out, it wasn't bad at all. But I also had mine out at the dentist's office. It was a long day (because all four came out), but I don't think I did any pain meds. My husband and son had them done via oral surgeon and were much more miserable. 

• Like 1

Hahaha! I wasn't going for scary, I was implying intense! Like how someone sounds if they're yelling to a friend in a loud concert or something and suddenly the music cuts out and are just yelling something really not yell worthy. :P

And yeah, I walked into the dentist office just to get xrays and to maybe make a plan for getting this nonsense sorted out sometime next week because I didn't think that it was something that could be fixed on the spot and then BAM! I've got a cavity filled in and a tooth pulled and am being handed a pack of sterile gauze, instructions for after care and an invoice slip an hour later... I left work at 11:30, went to the dentist as a walk in patient and was asked to come back at 12:30 since the dentist was on his lunch break and then I was home and showing off my freaky "come hither" curled tooth to my room mates at 2 pm :P I am taking some advil mostly because it's reducing the swelling so that I can eat a bit easier.

Although man, the feeling of someone holding my head down as hard as they can and literally pulling teeth out of my head is a feeling I wont soon forget... Soooooooo creepy.

• Like 2

tumblr_nxo4z1wEWI1sftl2ro1_400.gif

Glad you came back for this challenge!!!

Glad you were able to take care of your teeth also! That is awesome even though other bad habits came up, you conquered that battle!

Found out last June I am a luck duck that only has two wisdom teeth to get pulled, however will have to go to an oral surgeon to get them removed.

I have prioritized getting a car first and then figuring out how to do my teeth and take time off.... Because I've seen horror story after horror story for wisdom teeth removal.

From what my friends how had full on oral surgery to get theirs taken out. Most people need a full week of nothing to do to recover if you've had serious work to get them out. You will need a ride home and make sure that ride is someone you are cool with because you will likely say some seriously messed up shit on the ride home haha :P  Stock up on things like jello, frozen yogurt or iced cream, I did well with Lipton sidekicks noodles because they never require chewing.  The only really sucky part for me has been not being able to properly brush my teeth because of the opening in my gums where the tooth was. I can get like 2/3 or 3/4 of my teeth clean but I still feel suuuper gross all the time and it sucks :(

• Like 2

So I had a post typed up and what not a few days ago and forgot to hit Submit and then our littlest cat walked over the keyboard and killed the tab or something. She's nicknamed little shit for a good reason...

Monday - Wednesday

• No smoking
    • ha! and I even said no when my friend offered me one, and she didn't question it :)
    • haven't been there since my previous post about going in on Friday :) I still have a small amount on the gift card which will get used sometime this winter I imagine.
    • I've been bad at this... like really, really bad... I've been eating them at work for 7.5 years on a monday-friday basis that it has become an unconscious habit and I don't even notice that I've eaten a few before I get home and ponder what to have for dinner.
    • I am going today after finishing a section of a crochet project that I want to finish before Christmas.
    • this has been going well actually. I went out yesterday with my friend to do a bit of holiday shopping and chose a smaller amount of food when we were out, and oddly enough it came in a bowl hahaha

I'm a bit annoyed and ever so slightly concerned about my jaw and head in general right now. It has been a week since I had dental work done and I had moderate to horribly headaches and migraines daily until yesterday and even today I can feel mild throbbing pain here and there in the same place on my head. It is getting better as my mouth heals but it's irritating the hell out of me because I'm acting like an angry bear at work to customers because I'm in constant pain. I almost wanted to get one of those "Hello my name is _____" stickers and write "Asia and I have a migraine" on it and wear it at work so that I could forewarn everyone as to why I'm being unfriendly and silent. Sadly they wont let me... so I get to explain over, and over, and over, and over to the same group of people "I have had a migraine for 17 days straight and am recovering from dental work" when they ask what is wrong. And it's annoying as hell that they don't just think to go "okay, sorry about that" and then shut up so that I don't have to speak more than absolutely necessary.

In fun news, I got my new winter boots this week :D They are glorious and I am very pleased with them. They go right up to the back of my knees, are the perfect size and shape for my legs and they look awesome. Also my cats like nuzzling them when I come home which is cute as hell.

• Like 2

Sounds like an awesome first week has happened! Despite all the pain, ouch. I really hope it all goes away sooner than later. 

On 12/6/2018 at 10:21 AM, Leigh said:

One cookie per work day maximum

• I've been bad at this... like really, really bad... I've been eating them at work for 7.5 years on a monday-friday basis that it has become an unconscious habit and I don't even notice that I've eaten a few before I get home and ponder what to have for dinner.

Just remembering this has always been a goal of yours, but now realizing this is a habit that is 7+ years old. Perhaps maybe smaller steps? Such as just seeing how many you eat in a normal day, and then work on the next step? Especially with your migraines, just being alert of how man cookies a day could maybe give you some sense of control (without giving yourself too much judgement) .

That worked for me on pop addictions in the end. 

And those boots! Lol, have to rock them!

• No smoking
    • this now feels like a non issue, which is good :)
    • I would like to thank my inability to get out of bed on time in the morning, brutal wind with -11 temps and my delivery driver being on time today for my winning this award today and yesterday :P
    • I ate one cookie at work today, I ate it on purpose instead of by reflex, sadly I didn't pick a good one :( the ratio of M&Ms to cookie was off and it wasn't great. I honestly don't recall how many I had yesterday, I want to say 3? because I remember having two at lunch but I'm fairly certain I ate one before I turned on the open sign.
    • I went yesterday! The walk there sucked super duper hard (I have frequent flare ups of Chronic Compartment Syndrome in my lower legs) but I did exactly what I planned on doing which was parking my lazy ass on a bike for 20 minutes and going as hard as I could. Which is pretty hard, but not a difficult task for me. I was debating on getting back into my weight lifting routines but I didn't want to start off my day today with the strong possibility of DOMS and a migraine.
    • I literally ate an entire planet yesterday after the gym... I honestly forgot how doing any kind of cardio makes me irrationally hungry for all the things. I ate all the things... they were delicious but I wish I had had less of them.

Lessons I learned this week:

• I need new gym shoes, the really nice pair I bought back in April are waaaaaaaaaaay too tight in the mid foot and it was very painful to walk for an hour or so after I took them off.
  • I need to prep a very large, but calorie low healthy meal for when I leave the gym. I'm thinking like a few scrambled eggs, a slice or two of cheese and just a metric fuck ton of fresh veggies with a very small container of ranch dressing. So I can kill the murderous need to eat planets with something that's good for me, cheaper than junk food and unlikely to be stolen from me by a small herd of hungry cats.
  • My new boots are best boots for walking to the gym. They're much taller than my usual pair and since I walk to the gym in my workout clothes my legs stay warmer. I get jealous looks from other women there because my boots are bitchin'
  • Shuffle Dance videos on YouTube are excellent motivation to watch when using a stationary bike or a treadmill. They're fun to listen to, they make me want to dance more, and they remind me of what I used to look like as a school age kid (grade 4-8) when I had dance class 3x per week and was regularly active in gym class.
  • The rolling walk-outs and ongoing postal strikes in Canada result in my mail to the US arriving with oddly perfect timing... hehehe :D

Also, these are the epic new boots (not my actual boots, just the same colour and type):

image.thumb.png.fd0b1890f3f2a5e7426357a94778d973.png

• Like 2

Those boots fuck, them love. I was looking at them last year! I want so badly.

And can see how amazing they are lol.

Do they have any grip?

Awesome for going to the gym! And finding what you need to do!

And don't be hard on yourself on that one cookie. You still won! Sucks that the cookie wasn't good as you hoped for.

The grip is enough for me, but then again I'm the crazy person who can run downhill on uneven ice covered snow... Haha. I have slid around a bit here and there in these and my other pair of Muks from the same company but I have never slipped enough to wipe out so that's good.

And I don't feel bad about the one cookie I am annoyed that it was a super lame cookie when I deliberately selected it as my one cookie for the day hahaha!

Sent from my LM-X510WM using Tapatalk

• Like 1