• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Diadhuit

Diadhuit's advent

So latest challenges went tits up.

And this is already started. I could have waited for next, but Advent starts Sunday in my religion, so I am going to use it at my advantage.

Goals:

1)No sweets until Christmas (common pitfalls can be Sunday night tea and cake, Christmas parties, meeting friends for coffee). I might allow hot chocolate as I don't want to introduce coffee TBD

2)Move more

3)Switch phone off at 10pm

4)Prepare Christmas gifts

(some are intentionally left vague so I won't use it tr beat me up)

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So my challenge starts tomorrow but yesterday I had been really into it at work passing on on so many sweets! Too bad that after it I gave in badly. Any suggestion on how to do avoid binges? Lately I am very affected by emotional eating and I feel I am forcing down my throat food I am not even enjoying (thanks to the intuitive eating sometimes I stop and check why am I eating)
I really feel out of control, help!
Btw, this is the cause of my emotional eating: yesterday was my first 6 months with my bf, and we went out celebrating watching a philosophical debate. It was real fun! On my way home, I saw the greenman and decided very quickly to cross the street before it changed. A man on a bike (that I saw and thought he was stopping) started shouting at me that I should have thanked him for letting me pass. I replied that it was green and he still continued shouting. I turned and left as otherwise I would have had a fight. Yet hearing him shouting and shouting make me feel belittled and bad, so I searched for comfort food.

• Like 1

What a jerk! Especially considering you had the right of way. Sorry you were made to feel that way. I'm sure all of us are familiar with how one bad moment can put you in a lousy mood for the whole day, so you're not alone there.

• Like 1

Yeah,

Day 1 (Sunday): 

1)No sweets: I count it as a yes even if I had sugar... I was starving and went for a 'healthy' bar. Then I read the content after eating it: full of sugars! Since the intention was there I count it as "You fell into a trap! Next time be more careful or you will lose points" moment.

2)Move more: yes, went for a walk, 

3)Switch phone off at 10pm: nope

4)Prepare Christmas gifts: TODO

Day 2 (Monday): 

1)No sweets: yes (for now)

2)Move more: moved as usual

3)Switch phone off at 10pm: not yet that time

4)Prepare Christmas gifts: I manage to escape office secret santa, and decided with family that we are not having gifts. Only gift seems to be for bf

• Like 1

Monday finished later than 10, but no sweets, yeah!
Tuesday I had yoga, walked a bit but felt very tired, so less than usual. I had no sweets. I hadn't turned off my phone

Wednesday I went meditative dancing and walked as usual, yay! No sweets (yay) phone till late (boo)

Thursday day night. I was very tired and one of the bosses bought chocolate for us. Yet, I had none O_o I'm impressed! Not much movement. Not 10 yet, will try to put phone off.

Day five without sweets and it is weird. My main struggle is breakfast, but I'm managing for now with bread in the bag and latte at the coffee shop. Not ideal, but better.
I don't feel a lot of cravings, but I'm still using willpower toward avoiding it, so I wonder what will happen with stress.
Also I noticed I'm hungrier in the evening and I could make better choices yet often having cheese or pizza (good quality one though). I'll tackle that when the sugar craving is under control (last week I ate sugar on sugar, if I need to step in with a more complex carb for a month, I'm accepting it.)

• Like 1

Friday 

1)No sweets, but a hot chocolate, that I found too sweet :(

2)Move more - yes

3)Switch phone off at 10pm - nope

Sat

1)No sweets even if I was at a Christmas party! I think my bf felt guilty as my deal of no sweets is with him.

2)Move more - walked around, got soaked, maybe not more, but if felt a lot

3)Switch phone off at 10pm -nah, not at all. But I hadn't checked it

Sun

1)No sweets until Christmas - yes! I avoided cake with tea!! Go me!

2)Move more - ehm no, not really...

3)Switch phone off at 10pm - no, and I stayed awake until 1am, no good

Mon

1)No sweets until Christmas - I had hot chocolate in the morning, felt good that I hadn't noticed some sweets in a shop and didn't got tempted, and then fell on a cookie in a box on a colleague desk. Silly of me, I was already full :( I went 8 days without sugar, didn't get a lot of cravings, and stupidly ate one cookie I didn't crave for only because it was there. I'm not angry, I'm disappointed.

2)Move more - I feel so tired already!

3)Switch phone off at 10pm - will try

4)Prepare Christmas gifts - I should get started on my pf gift

Ok quick recap of the week.
No way I could go to bed early... Beside Thursday, date night. I think we turned lights off at 9.30 O_o and went to sleep.
I found what to give my bf for Christmas, and it will something to buy, so way easy!
I gave in to sweets... On Tuesday a scone, on Wednesday I avoided sweets at a party. But on Thursday a whole bag of chocolate chips bread! But I avoided dessert on Thursday and bf too in solidarity!! Friday no sweets, yeee :)
Do less is something happened naturally with many things I do being off for Christmas.
This left me struggling with difficult feelings, like fear of flying home, frustration, and sadness I can't just push away and distract myself.
But... I will survive :)

In Italy, managed to avoid sweets (beside an occasional hot chocolate) since Friday. I am proud of me!
One gift bought, and bf gift still to start O_o
Doing less now, on holidays :)
Not moving much though...the excuse is I am in physical pain (tummy for travels, arm for vaccine).