• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DannersUK

I have no idea where to begin

Hey guys, completely new here and it's about time a change a few things in my life, health and physical fitness being at the top of my list

I am male, 26, 183cm (6foot) and weigh 71kg (11.1st)

I am very skinny, weak and can barely manage 10 push ups

Being a complete ectomorph I've read it's hard to put on weight and build muscle. 

Do you have any good advice/plans regarding working out and diet plans

Thanks.

P.S I am currently travelling and don't have access to a gym. Anything that can be done at home or using basic common items would be great

Since we're on the nerdfitness forum I'm going to go ahead and be lazy with my recommendations. Here, have a no-equipment-needed workout: https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Nutrition:

Minimum daily requirements - 2,500-3,000kcal, 150-200g protein, vegetables. 

Try to keep the alcohol to a minimum, it halts protein synthesis (building muscle) until your body is done metabolising it.

Since you're travelling, good/cheap/easy options include: milk, yogurt, cheese & bread, peanut butter & apples, rotisserie (ie. already cooked) chicken, baby carrots, cucumber, spring green mix or spinach, etc.

Side note: the endo/ecto/meso debate is utter horseshit, no credible science behind it. If you eat at a caloric surplus, do regular resistance training with programmed progressive overload, sleep at least 8hrs a night, barring preexisting conditions you'll probably put on weight just fine. Try to keep the weight gain as mostly muscle though; a pudgy tummy is harder to get rid of than it is to grow in the first place.

Be safe, have fun, welcome to the 'boards! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defining said:

Since we're on the nerdfitness forum I'm going to go ahead and be lazy with my recommendations. Here, have a no-equipment-needed workout: https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Nutrition:

Minimum daily requirements - 2,500-3,000kcal, 150-200g protein, vegetables. 

Try to keep the alcohol to a minimum, it halts protein synthesis (building muscle) until your body is done metabolising it.

Since you're travelling, good/cheap/easy options include: milk, yogurt, cheese & bread, peanut butter & apples, rotisserie (ie. already cooked) chicken, baby carrots, cucumber, spring green mix or spinach, etc.

Side note: the endo/ecto/meso debate is utter horseshit, no credible science behind it. If you eat at a caloric surplus, do regular resistance training with programmed progressive overload, sleep at least 8hrs a night, barring preexisting conditions you'll probably put on weight just fine. Try to keep the weight gain as mostly muscle though; a pudgy tummy is harder to get rid of than it is to grow in the first place.

Be safe, have fun, welcome to the 'boards! 

Thanks, that's some useful advice, actually as I am travelling in South east Asia, some of these things are hard to get hold of, but I will find alternatives.
I guess I will go take my "before" picture and get started.

Ah, yeah sorry, most of those things aren't easy in Asia, I made a gross assumption that you were still in Europe. But when in doubt: meat & veggies! (so long as it's cooked properly)

On 12/3/2018 at 2:43 AM, DannersUK said:

Thanks, that's some useful advice, actually as I am travelling in South east Asia, some of these things are hard to get hold of, but I will find alternatives.
I guess I will go take my "before" picture and get started.

If you're in SE Asia I'd guess you have pretty good access to fish and fresh fruit.  It's by no means a terrible diet even if it is a bit high on the carbs (fruit).  Just try not to survive on rice, bread, and noodles.