• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bgvanbur

bgvanbur Runs This Town

I tried to do a challenge again last time and it was a bust.  Figured to make a partial challenge is better than nothing.

For years I have thought about running every road in my town.  I actually have seen very little of my town since we live on the edge and usually go towards the more suburban towns for shopping and what not.  So I finally printed a map and decided Dec 1st to run my town.  I think it will take maybe 2 or 3 months since running to the other side is a long run on its own so I will need to drive to some spots and plan my long runs accordingly.

giphy.gif

With 19 days left in this challenge, I want to be around 1/3 down with my town.

giphy.gif

And since my wife started a food journal today I will too!

giphy.gif

So, run my town and food journal for the rest of the year.  Then back to full challenges next time :)

• Like 1

Still coughing a lot, but otherwise feeling good.

The food diary wasn't working for me.  Particularly Friday evening and I left it in my home office and didn't want to go to the basement to log my food during the weekend.

But I did get in a nice 12 mile run Sunday for running my town.  Left me a little chaffed so no run Monday.  Looking to run again tomorrow morning and get the trail section I skipped on Sunday's run (since I knew it would make a good mid-week short run).

• Like 1

Ran a section of trail this morning for more run this town.  Planning on doing the other side of the trail tomorrow to fully knock out where that one trail is in my town (and looks to be warm tomorrow morning, yeah!).  Still plenty of trail in other parts of town to get to though :)

• Like 1

Well this challenge was ok.  I got through maybe 1/6 of my town with some good runs.  Didn't realize how many miles are out there when doing my initial estimate.

Like I said before, the food journal was fallen to the wayside.  I was hoping to be more deliberate with what I ate, but it wasn't happening.  I think I will go back to primal for the next challenge. 

• Like 1