Howdy folks,

48yo physician toiling in the boonies of WV. Joining to learn a little more about Paleo-Primal

Dietary mods. Have done Adkins back in the day. Few years ago did the Starting Strength powerlifting novice track before I had some physical breakdown (not really related to SS).

Been doing nothing for a while and got sick of being fat and lazy.

Why Paleo? Mel Konner was one of my Anthropology professors during my undergraduate degree and he wrote a book called the Paleolithic Prescription. There have been a lot of modifications since to that diet mod. Looking forward to learning here. I’m an avid home cook doing anything from smoking and curing to Sous vide, so meal prep is no problem.

Cheers!

Phil. 3ab546b4225f86d1c7766c197cae5fa6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, howdy there doc! Nice to meet you! Welcome to the Rebellion.

If you're looking for info on the Paleo diet, Steve did a pretty thorough write-up here. There are a few more articles up here as well, but that one is the most current and up to date.

If you want info on Primal stuff, Mark's Daily Apple is the way to go. Think of Primal as Paleo's cool, relaxed older cousin; it's also really, really heavy on research and citations to back up most of its claims.

Anyway, if there's anything else we can do to help you out, let us know!

On 12/15/2018 at 2:20 PM, philip.chua.33 said:

48yo physician toiling in the boonies of WV.

No kidding! What field of medicine do you practice?

Welcome to the Rebellion!  Any plans to get back into the physical side of things (lifting, bodyweight, etc.)?

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11