Well, it's been a minute

Hey all,

My name is Nic. I used to be an active member of this forum a few years back and then I just... Fell off the grid. When I was last active, I was in my first year of law school. While I maintained a basic level of fitness, I basically just coasted, relying on genetics to keep me relatively okay looking. It wasn't until after law school (okay, after the bar exam) that I started taking fitness seriously again. Why? Because I decided that I wanted to join the Marine Corps, and they have strict physical standards-- even for their attorneys! Over the past 6 months I've made huge strides. I've gone from not being able to run 3 miles at all-- or at least without stopping-- to being able to run 3 miles in 24:21! I can now do 1 full pull-up, which I haven't been able to do since I was 13. It's been crazy. Unfortunately, I wasn't selected for Officer Candidate School because while 1 pull-up is the current minimum requirement for female Marines, the standard is increasing to 4 pull-ups as the minimum, and my lack of upper body strength is what's holding me back from chasing my dreams. My quest to get into Marine shape has brought me back to the Rebellion.

It's not just my fitness goals though. I have missed the supportive community here, and I decided that now was a perfect time to jump back in and be an active member again. I'm resetting my level and am eager to start the next 4 week challenge! It's good to be back in the Rebellion again.

• Like 1

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post