• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RLEOHGK.jpg

Hello, and a very warm welcome to this seasoned holiday tradition!

As an ambassador of the Ranger Corps™ i welcome you to:

SQUATMAS™ '18-Edition

Last year we had a very merry crowd of people that during X-Mas and Boxing day did squats and deadlifts. Goal was to do 50/50. 50 reps with 50% bodyweight. Squats on X-Mas day and Deadlifts on Boxing day. And a side goal was to tape yourself doing it and posting it here, this is not a requirement but a nice to have. It's great knowing and seeing you have performed this with other Rebels. And as a bonus this year you will be noted as a squatmas legend if you participated last year!

Unfortunately, last year, for me, being a host to both sides of the family on both days put a dent in that plan and i was only able to perform the squats.

So this year is time for a rematch. People that joined up last year and performed the 50/50 might want to, up the ante, and can go for a 55/55 or a 60/60.

I want to keep the same format, but doing either is just fine.

X-Mas day: 50/50 Squats

Boxing day: 50/50 Deadlifts

Just remember: taking part is more important than winning.

And with no further ado i want to present you last year legends (in alphabetical order, cause my mind will have a meltdown if i do "random" stuff):

@Emerald Eagle SQ

@Morag

@Raxie

@Terra SQ

@WhiteGhost SQ / DL

So i will be relying on them to participate this year and i hope to see many more rebels join in!

Just reply here stating what you want to do, and reply again (preferably with a nice uploaded youtube or FB video) after you did it!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

I'm in of course, but will need to think about the specifics re: weights & reps. :)

You did 50/50 last year, or actually a "ghostling and then some"/"50", just be like Milo of Croton and do it again with ghostling... that will be a bit heavier this year... :D 

• Like 2

Heyho. Happy Holiday Season.

I am not sure how to facilitate 50%bw... are you sure I participated last year? Maybe I did air squats?
I am in need of some weights... Baby Boy and a handful of water bottles maybe... KID come Here!... I have to weigh this child... be back soon.

PS I am so in!

Sent from my phone via Tapatalk

I'm probably good for a few BW squats, but my holiday schedule is a crazy mess of driving around visiting friends and family, and I will definitely not be able to get under a barbell.  But I'll try to get a video and play along as much as I can.  :-)

5 hours ago, Blocky said:

Yo! Stupid question.... are the 50 reps done in one set or multiple sets?

If it's one set I'm screwed... I never do anything over 5 reps

Last year I did them all in one set but absoluty not required.

12 hours ago, Morag said:

Baby Boy and a handful of water bottles maybe...

Sure! I did my squats last year with Gostlet on my shoulders, with him holding some weight to make up the difference :)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Grumble said:

I am 40 lbs lighter than this time last year. I'm sure as shit getting in on this.

50/50 for both.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor skinny strong gif

Good to have you here @Grumble

14 hours ago, bker1370 said:

Count me in

Will get report back on weight and reps once I get back into the gym and see what I am currently able to do.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor beaker gif

@bker1370 Good to see you my friend, you are more than welcome to join in these late year festivities!

14 hours ago, Terra said:

OK - I'm in!  I'm not sure I have access to 50% body weight but I will see what I can do...  Maybe I can do this with my kettlebells!  

The weight doesn't matter as long as you participate you can change it up any way you like! Being here is what is most important during this holiday season @Terra

14 hours ago, Morag said:

Heyho. Happy Holiday Season.

I am not sure how to facilitate 50%bw... are you sure I participated last year? Maybe I did air squats?
I am in need of some weights... Baby Boy and a handful of water bottles maybe... KID come Here!... I have to weigh this child... be back soon.

PS I am so in!

I'm pretty sure you joined in all the fun last year @Morag

Hit up @WhiteGhost he is known for squatting kids! Glad you are willing to participate again!

This was me assuming you joined in last year:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I'm probably good for a few BW squats, but my holiday schedule is a crazy mess of driving around visiting friends and family, and I will definitely not be able to get under a barbell.  But I'll try to get a video and play along as much as I can.  :-)

"I'm probably good for a few BW squats"

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor understatement gif

Personally i think the video part is more important than the actual workout! So hope to see your friendly face @Cheetah

8 hours ago, Blocky said:

Yo! Stupid question.... are the 50 reps done in one set or multiple sets?

If it's one set I'm screwed... I never do anything over 5 reps

Blocky's can change up the rep scheme any way they want. But i want to challenge you to go for broke on your first sets. Come on man, it's only half your BW that's peanuts for you!

Just showing up to the party is most important @Blocky

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr_Willes said:

Blocky's can change up the rep scheme any way they want. But i want to challenge you to go for broke on your first sets. Come on man, it's only half your BW that's peanuts for you!

Just showing up to the party is most important @Blocky

Oh well... seeing as I can do what I want...

you-dont-know-me-i-do-what-i-want-meme.p

I'm in.

However... because I can do what I want (and because I have already written my program for that week), I will do my deadlifts on Xmas eve and Squats on Boxing day so It doesn't completely derail my plan...

• Like 1

I remember Now...I did my squats in my in-laws bedroom... air squats last year... I will do at least one child's bodyweight, might do more if I figure out how to add weights... child weighs 23.3kg at the moment... that's about 25% of my bodyweight... sadly the other kid is more like my own size, frikkin puberty! So I can't just add another child... might put a backpack on the little one though... let me see what I can do. This is the first time I do proper weighted schtuff, it'll be fun.

• Like 1

I am definitely in. I was gonna say I'll just do 25/25 this year but I'm changing my mind.  Heck it.  I'll just be sore. 50/50 here I comeeee woooo

• Like 1

I just realized I won't have access to the gym on Christmas so I'm gonna have to use my home barbell, so I'll have to do 45lb x 50. 50%x50 for DLs on the 26th though. ::shrug:: better than nothing haha

• Like 4

On 12/18/2018 at 9:35 AM, bker1370 said:

Will get report back on weight and reps once I get back into the gym and see what I am currently able to do.

Alright, I got in the gym the other day for the first time to see how much weight I can move around.

Deadlift, I'm in for 50% x 50 (probably as either 10 sets of 5 or 5 sets of 10 will see how it goes when the time comes)

Squats, I should be able to manage 50% x 50 also, probably as 10 sets of 5

• Like 1

I'll give this a shot.  Though, I have no idea when boxing day is.  I may also have to get creative with something to deadlift, as I don't have heavy enough weights at home.  Squats I can do with one (or both?  I'll have to weigh them...) of my kids.

• Like 1

Hello! I'm in for squats but they're going to be straight up BW as I have a) no weights, and b) not anywhere near that for straight up lifting capacity. (...or does being 50% over ideal weight count?)

Don't have anything for Deadlifting though. Hm. I'll figure out something... *starts digging out pull-up bar*

• Like 2

Sadly my gym is closed on Christmas and Boxing day, but it's Open Gym on Sunday before I head out for family pre-Christmas dinner!

With that in mind I'm seriously considering 100% BW /100 reps for both DL and Squat.  That would be around 212# for 100 reps of each...

Should be attainable within a reasonable amount of time given my present conditioning! :D

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I'm seriously considering 100% BW /100 reps for both DL and Squat

Wow, that is seriously hard core!  I am toying with 75/75 for both, but there is no way I could get it all into a single set, which makes for a really long, boring video.  Maybe I will just film a single set of each and call it good enough...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Sadly my gym is closed on Christmas and Boxing day, but it's Open Gym on Sunday before I head out for family pre-Christmas dinner!

With that in mind I'm seriously considering 100% BW /100 reps for both DL and Squat.  That would be around 212# for 100 reps of each...

Should be attainable within a reasonable amount of time given my present conditioning! :D

My legs hurt just reading that you are even thinking about that.

• Like 2