• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

For real though, when/what is Boxing Day? I have not heard of this holiday.

I mean, I'm sure I can find the answer with Google in about 2 seconds (and I probably will), but it's more fun to ask. :)

4 hours ago, Elennare said:

For real though, when/what is Boxing Day? I have not heard of this holiday.

It's a made-up holiday invented by the sports industrial complex and introduced in the 1930s,  intended to promote professional boxing. It didn't become mainstream until the famous boxing day bout between Tyson and Holyfield in 1996.  In order to get more traction with mainstream viewers, it was set as the day after Christmas so as not to compete with the NCAA football games broadcast on Christmas Day.

Or it may be a holiday that originated in England where the wealthy would give "Chistmas boxes" to servants on the day after Christmas or something.

Pretty sure it's one of those two but personally I lean towards the former.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As promised...

100 squats @ 212# in 18:21.

100 deadlifts @ 212# in 13:34.

Didn't exactly bull-charge through things, kind of just worked through both with steady sets of 5 (just for the record, 20 sets of 5 reps is A LOT).  My legs are destroyed today, but totally worth it for the satisfaction of conquering this little mini quest.  ;)

YouTube videos below the spoiler just in case you don't Instagram.

Spoiler

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I did the thing!! It was fun/scary but I did the thing!
Having a 8yo child on your shoulders, who for lack of better traction grabs around your neck, is a ) hilarious as well as b ) distracting as well as c ) occasionally scary.

My form was wobbly af and I did 10 before tea, and 40 (in the second set before driving home, because I had forgotten). Could have probably gotten away with more weight but as I said form wasn't up for experiments.

No-one took any pictures. People were loading stuff into the car and walking by... much sad. But I must say: I like lifting schtuff. Might have been that my weight was a giggling 8 year-old but I really loved this thing....
Thanks for inspiring this squatmas.
Should have made someone take pictures at least...

Love you rangers! You have the best challenges!

Sent from my phone via Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On the 12th day of Squatmas, my swolemate gave to me

12 rounds of HIIT

Eleven sleds for pushing

Ten rings for rowing

Nine bikes for spinning

Eight clamps clamping

Seven spotters spotting

Six pull-up bars

FIVE BUMMPER PLAAATES

Four tubs of whey

Three Power racks

Two kettlebells and

A rogue bar for deadlifting

• Like 2

Lets see if this works...

75 (5*15) @75%BW

FB live decided to be a bastard so you can only see set 3-5.

And I hope it plays cause YouTube was nagging me about the song from Rammstein I played at the background.

(Would someone be so kind as to let me know if this works?)

• Like 1

Lets see if this works...

FB live decided to be a bastard so you can only see set 3-5.

And I hope it plays cause YouTube was nagging me about the song from Rammstein I played at the background.

It's blocked for me. But Germany is shitty like that. Sorry.

Sent from my phone via Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Morag said:

It's blocked for me.

Blocked for me as well

I got in my squatmas squats this morning, doing 80/80.  I only took a video of the first 5 reps, though.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

4 hours ago, Morag said:

It's blocked for me. But Germany is shitty like that. Sorry.

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Blocked for me as well

Me three :( 

• Sad 1

It's just 50/50 but I did it without putting the barbell down, so I'll call it a win. 

Also, apologies for the view, I didn't realize how bad it was until I was starting, and by then it was too late.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Deadlifts done this morning, again at 80/80.  In order to keep the video brief, I only filmed the first 10 reps.

Aaaaaand that's a no go on the video.  Not sure why Youtube won't let me upload it, but I suspect it may be the background music :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I did not lift the things. The cold I've been fighting with for a week plus decided to move into my chest this morning and I can't breathe. :(Seemed like lifting heavy things lots while not able to breathe was a bad idea, so next year, I guess?

• Sad 2

I have done the thing...

I saw what @Rurik Harrgath said he was aiming for and figured one of us warriors should try and match him. So I also did 100 at 100%, which for me was pretty close to 100kg.

I however, did not do nice controlled sets of 5. Spurred on by @Mr_Willes  I tried to do as many as I could per set.

I do wish to say that this challenge sucked was a challenge...

Here's the squatting. I started with sets of 7, then 6, then 5 etc... form was a little ugly but I'm happy with it.

SKWATS!

And here's the DLs. This actually fell on my scheduled DL day... so stupidly I hit a max-ish DL (195kg) BEFORE I did the 100 at 100kg. I was pretty crippled after this. I used straps AND I switched between conventional and sumo. I also think the DLs are worth +1 charisma due to the fact that I wore a santa hat for the whole thing...

DEADLIFTS!

Ugh... I'm having trouble embedding the youtube clips and I remember why I hate youtube... hopefully y'all aren't against clicking links...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Blocky said:

I also think the DLs are worth +1 charisma due to the fact that I wore a santa hat for the whole thing...

Image result for this gif

I also like the abacus thing you use to count reps :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Okay, so i woke up this morning, with some DOMS in the quads, and this "sensation" in my lower back.

I'm not sure but i don't think it's wise to bug my lower back again with 75/75. Especially since i want to start my new lifting program next sunday.

I found out doing some air-squats and goodmornings make it a bit better. So i'm gonna do a couple of those throughout the rest of the week and weekend.

But i want to give you all:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor round of applause gif

For all the fantastic replies and videos!!! I'm glad this tradition is taking on greater forms. Also FB showed me a post of 3 years ago, about SquatMas. So it has been at least 3 years since i've been doing this.

Again thank you everyone for joining in!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Image result for this gif

I also like the abacus thing you use to count reps :) 

Dude... the abacus is super handy... my brain turns off when I'm lifting

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

For all the fantastic replies and videos!!! I'm glad this tradition is taking on greater forms. Also FB showed me a post of 3 years ago, about SquatMas. So it has been at least 3 years since i've been doing this.

Thank you for organizing it again this year!  It was great to see all of the participation this year and I hope to see this become a longstanding NF Christmas tradition :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decided to do the thing after all. Squats 25x2 (yes, the video died about 12 reps into the 2nd set, but I promise I did the reps ;)). Deadlifts 52x1 because I lost count. 

(Sorry for size/lack of spoiler. Typing from my phone.)

• Like 5