• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

6 hours ago, Blocky said:

I have done the thing...

I saw what @Rurik Harrgath said he was aiming for and figured one of us warriors should try and match him. So I also did 100 at 100%, which for me was pretty close to 100kg.

@Mr_Willes

Nice work!  I wouldn't expect any less from a Warrior! ;)

What were your total times there?  Just out of curiosity.  I never want to do that again (the leg DOMS are so painful this week) but I'm curious how much I could have improved.

• Like 5

Done as well, 

Dec 25: 10 sets of 5 at 80 pounds (roughly 50% body weight) may be a video to follow later

Dec 26: 10 sets of 5 at 85 pounds (slightly over 50% body weight) again maybe a video to follow later

After I check how well the phone/tablet shot the videos and for squats piece the separate sets together into one video maybe be uploading if they actually shot well enough to see anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Nice work!  I wouldn't expect any less from a Warrior! ;)

What were your total times there?  Just out of curiosity.  I never want to do that again (the leg DOMS are so painful this week) but I'm curious how much I could have improved.

Quite a few minutes longer than yours (I'm no ranger)... I got some wicked lowerback pump on both days which prevented me from going any quicker.

110 at 110% nexy year?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blocky said:

Quite a few minutes longer than yours (I'm no ranger)... I got some wicked lowerback pump on both days which prevented me from going any quicker.

110 at 110% nexy year?

I feel your pain.  So many people have commented on my 'swagger' the past few days, when I reality I just walk like a damn cowboy from the shortcircuit in my poor quads!

Hoping to be 20lbs lighter by next Xmas so I'll see you there, sir!

• Like 2

Just now, Rurik Harrgath said:

I feel your pain.  So many people have commented on my 'swagger' the past few days, when I reality I just walk like a damn cowboy from the shortcircuit in my poor quads!

Yeah... I did mine in reverse order, so I was super crippled from the deadlifts for christmas. I did much better with the squatting, not too sore.

1 minute ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Hoping to be 20lbs lighter by next Xmas so I'll see you there, sir!

Dang it... I'll probably be 20lbs heavier....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

So many people have commented on my 'swagger' the past few days,

Funny how on the same day everything feels fine, the day after the DOMS set in, but today... I'm just waiting for people to ask me what i got stuck up there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I'm just waiting for people to ask me what i got stuck up there...

I went for a dog walk with my SIL yesterday and she commented that I was walking like I'd pissed myself. :D

2 days on and my quads are still aching. And I have my first ever CrossFit WOD tonight. Pray for me

• Like 3

Squats did not happen on Xmas due to Santa bringing me the crud (I was not THAT bad dammit!) but all 50 were completed today...30 body weight and 20 with a (very) little weight (more than I'm used to, after but watching y'all I'm embarrassed to say how little)

• Like 1

Did the squats in 3 sets and decided to go for deadlifts and got 50 in 4 sets.  So used to doing 1 to 5 rep ranges, doing higher reps with a barbell is so draining, guess I should do something like this more often :)

• Like 2

To everyone that joined in this party and made it a huge success!

@bgvanbur

@RES

@Charlie_Quinn

@Blocky
@Rurik Harrgath

@bker1370

@Morag

@Janus Echo

@Grumble

(And i'm still wondering if @Raxie and @DJtrippyT and @Terra ended up squatting or deadlifting...)

Anywho...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor from the bottom of my heart gif

I'm glad we had a lot of different guilds joining in the festivities!

I'm certain next year i will organize another SquatMas, so hopefully i will see you all next year, and meanwhile spread the word in your guild.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr_Willes

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

To everyone that joined in this party and made it a huge success!

@bgvanbur

@RES

@Charlie_Quinn

@Blocky
@Rurik Harrgath

@bker1370

@Morag

@Janus Echo

@Grumble

(And i'm still wondering if @Raxie and @DJtrippyT and @Terra ended up squatting or deadlifting...)

Anywho...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor from the bottom of my heart gif

My ass remained unsacrificed. Tragic, really 

• Like 2