A Druid's Battle Log

I'm going to be honest, I feel like I totally lost my mind this week. I felt so awful about my writing and my abilities, and I don't even know why. As a result nothing much got done except for the day job. I think I only worked out twice this week. And nutrition I really didn't pay much attention to. But, on the bright side to all this madness, I think I made a major breakthrough. I think I managed to fix all my plotting issues and managed to shift things around to their proper places/removed things that didn't really need to be there for this particular story. Things feel much more natural now, and I have a few backup ideas in case something doesn't work down the road. I also finished rewriting this chapter and I feel really good about it. It might need the slightest bit of tweaking, but otherwise, it's done and if I look at it again right now it will be too soon. Luckily the next chapter won't be this hard (still hard, but not breaking-my-brain hard). And I no longer feel like a total failure (I know I never was, but sometimes the brain doesn't like to listen to silly things like logic and reason). Anyway, now it's time to pick myself back up again and get back to my routine. Still need to figure out how to keep everything from falling apart when the writing doesn't go well, but that's a problem for another day. 

Edit: I should also add that I didn't do any emotional eating during the madness so...progress?

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Jupiter said:

progress?

You bet! Things being dropped while there's some major progress going on on some other major point of my life is how it usually works for me. I'm reading this as major good news. Getting back to your routine now should give you back some support to keep moving forward.

Congrats for going through this without loosing all of your mind and here's to even more writing progress!

• Thanks 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:15 AM, Jean said:

You bet! Things being dropped while there's some major progress going on on some other major point of my life is how it usually works for me. I'm reading this as major good news. Getting back to your routine now should give you back some support to keep moving forward.

Congrats for going through this without loosing all of your mind and here's to even more writing progress!

Thank you! :) And thank you so much for all your support, it really means a lot. :) 

Spoiler

So, another week has gone by. It was so stressful that by Friday my brain was just dead. I could barely get through the work day. I'm also not sure I'm going to meet my quota this month, and now I fear my bosses will have something else to criticize me for. They told me to work on prepping files early and getting them out on time, which I've done, so at least they can't complain about that, but my productivity has gone down just the same, and I don't like that my quality has gone down some as well. I just don't know how they expect me to get 60 hours worth of work done in 50 and still do everything correctly. It's frustrating. And I can't ask for help (even though they tell me to) because my supervisor is constantly telling me that I'm a burden on my teammates (though I should add that she hasn't said it lately. Still, she's said it often enough that it's stuck with me). I don't mean to keep complaining about this, but I'm just so frustrated right now. 

Anyway, on the bright side, I only missed one workout and I had some veggies with lunch/dinner for three days this week. I even had a small amount of time to read. So that's a win in my book. Didn't do as much writing unfortunately because I've been so tired and stressed out. I was hoping to get a ton of work done today but I was so tired that all I did was watch videos on YouTube. I've got some notes though and things planned, so at least I have something. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a little more energy and I can really get some work done. 

And because I don't have enough to do, I'm considering whether I want to wade into the dating pool again and if it's even worth it at this point. I haven't decided.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I just don't know how they expect me to get 60 hours worth of work done in 50 and still do everything correctly. It's frustrating. And I can't ask for help (even though they tell me to) because my supervisor is constantly telling me that I'm a burden on my teammates

This sounds like you may be at or near a breaking point (may, not are, you are the one knowing the situation and better equipped to assess it): please, do make an appointment with a doctor and ask for some medical leave before burning out if you're feeling like you're completely loosing grip and before melting up emotionally.

6 hours ago, Jupiter said:

And because I don't have enough to do, I'm considering whether I want to wade into the dating pool again and if it's even worth it at this point. I haven't decided.  

You got me smiling (because I know the feeling). Positive emotions and extra rushes of energy (because you want to appear in good light) plus potential support vs the extra worries and stress (because you want to appear in good light)... I've heard of couples being born and others being destroyed in such times, I'd be interested to hear your story if you do take the jump. :) (ETA: on the plus side: writing material ahoy?)

• Like 1

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Spoiler
19 hours ago, Jean said:

This sounds like you may be at or near a breaking point (may, not are, you are the one knowing the situation and better equipped to assess it): please, do make an appointment with a doctor and ask for some medical leave before burning out if you're feeling like you're completely loosing grip and before melting up emotionally.

Nah, it's not that bad yet, the whole situation is just frustrating. It really is a decent job when we're not overworked and pressured all the time, but unfortunately it happens more often than not. I'm just trying to get through as best I can and hope I can make a writing career work. And as long as I can keep working towards my writing goals I can deal with the rest of the crap.  

19 hours ago, Jean said:

You got me smiling (because I know the feeling). Positive emotions and extra rushes of energy (because you want to appear in good light) plus potential support vs the extra worries and stress (because you want to appear in good light)... I've heard of couples being born and others being destroyed in such times, I'd be interested to hear your story if you do take the jump. :) (ETA: on the plus side: writing material ahoy?)

LOL, that was my thought as well! I figure, as busy as I am, that online dating will be my best bet, if I do decide to give it a go. I'm still thinking about it and doing my research. 

Still recovering mentally from the stress of last week, so the workout is a no go, but I did eat veggies with one meal today, so I count it as a win. I also managed to get in about an hour and a half's worth of work. I'm going through and updating/fixing my outline before I continue revising, so I can make sure I have everything I need and that it's all in the correct place. I was freaking out so badly the week before last because I was so sure I'd done it all wrong, but going through my outline I realized that it's not as bad as my brain tried to make it out to be. So I was basically psyching myself out (as I have a habit of doing) and overthinking things. I still have a few things I need to fine-tune, especially in the first half, but I think what I have is not too shabby. I might actually end up with a pretty decent story when I'm finally finished. Of course, tomorrow I might go back to hating it (which happens from time to time), so I'm going to enjoy the positive energy while it lasts LOL. Even better, I thought of another idea for another story that I'm really excited about. Now I have two projects (on top of a few others I have on the back burner) I need to outline and get ready for when I'm done with this novel. 

• Like 2

So, this week was very low-key. Work was surprisingly quiet and almost stress-free, which was a nice change. It won't last, as by Friday the volume was picking up again, but it was nice while it lasted. Good news is I made my quota and even did it in a timely manner, so my bosses can't yell at me this month. 

Food-wise, I cut way back on portion sizes (also didn't end up eating the healthiest, though I did manage to add veggies to two meals so I'll take it). I didn't do it intentionally, that's just how it happened, and as a result I barely had any energy to do my workouts, which I didn't like very much. The best I managed was about 10 minutes a day. Definitely a lesson on what not to do. On the bright side, my weight's been steadily going down over the last month or two. Currently I've lost around 5 pounds and have remained pretty steady, though that will probably change as I tweak my portion sizes and try to add more protein/veggies. We'll see.  

Finished updating my outline, though I still have one or two tweaks left to do, and almost finished revising this chapter so I can finally go on to the next. I feel a little more sure about my writing now than I have in the last couple of weeks, which is good for my peace of mind. It's still going to take me a bit longer to finish than I would like, but at least I know I'm going in the right direction. 

• Like 2

Welp, it's been another week. Work is busy again, and probably will remain so for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the stress to a minimum. I had more energy last week than I did the week before so I managed to get through all my workouts except for the weekend, and I was able to pick it back up again today with a new workout (I bought a dumbbell and thought I'd give it a whirl). Nutrition-wise, I ate veggies for three days. Not bad, but I really need to figure out how to add cooking back into my life. All I've done for months is eat takeout. I've been trying to choose the healthier options when I can, but it's still not the same as an actual home-cooked meal. The writing has slowed way down again. I'm basically rewriting this entire last section to match my new outline so it's been a bit a bit of a slog. I managed to write 3 pages yesterday on this chapter and 2 today (of course now I'm thinking of changing the last page but I'm not sure yet). Almost halfway through. After I finish this one I only have about 6 chapters left before I reach the end. It seems so close and yet so far at the same time LOL. I can't wait to finally be done. Still have a ways to go though. 

• Like 1

Just thought I'd post some thoughts, now that it's getting on towards the end of the year. Feel free to skip if you'd like. :) 

I realized today that I really haven't progressed with my goals this year, at least not like I wanted to. I managed to mostly keep track of everything, but I never actually "leveled up". I had planned to take a look at my goals every month and adjust as needed but between my day job and my writing, I never really did that. I managed to barely tread water. I maintained; I didn't really grow. My first thought was that I totally failed this year. But then my second thought was, well, I didn't quit. I kept doing workouts, and though they kept changing, at least I did something. I didn't lose the habit. I fell down, got back up and kept going despite all the crap I had to deal with this year. I can't really see that as a failure.

I also learned way more this year about writing than I have in the last few years combined, which is huge. I wanted to have my novel completely finished by the end of the year. Doesn't look like that's going to happen, but again, I learned a lot (I'm still learning) and I still think I'll end up with a pretty decent story by the time I do finish. I kept up the habit and pushed through despite the issues I had with the story. Overall didn't do too badly there. 

The one goal I really struggled with was heating healthy. I stopped cooking altogether. I just couldn't keep up with it, not with how busy I've been. I did however try to make better/healthier fast food choices when I could, so at least that's something. But still, not really where I wanted to be at by the end of the year. Something I definitely need to work on. 

Still, overall, not a failure. Not a total success, but not a failure either. 

Anyway, at this point, I'm just thinking things through, thinking about what I want to focus on going forward and the steps I need to take to get there. As always, thanks for reading. :) 

• Like 2

Ugh, super low energy this week so it's basically a wash. I still did a few small things so at least I did something. It's never the amount I want to do though, of course, which is my perfectionist, type A personality showing through. I want to be able to do all the things, all the time, and I have to be aware and accept that I can't always do that. I need to learn to listen to my body more and learn to maximize my more productive moments when I can and rest when my body/brain is telling me to rest. Pushing past my limit won't do me any good (I'm sure I've talked about all this before, but it's good to remind myself every once in a while). Things will help once I figure out my new goals. I think I'm going to do 2 sets of goals, one for when I have All The Energy, and one for when I have no energy, that way I can be a little more prepared for those times and that way I can still be doing something, even if it happens to be less than what I initially wanted. 

Spoiler

On a personal note, I have an issue with my cousin, one I've had for years. I love my cousin, but she never makes any effort. I'm the only one who does. The biggest thing I'm peeved about right now is conversation. I'm the one always checking up on her and asking her how she's doing every few weeks. I ask her about things she's interested in and try to keep up on things in her life. Problem is, she barely ever says anything. She says all of maybe 2 words, if she happens to respond to me at all (we mostly text). I try to engage her in conversation and talk about things we have in common too, but I feel like I never can, because she never seems to truly engage. Every conversation feels like an interrogation. She also never reciprocates. She never asks me how I'm doing or anything about my life. And the only times she ever texts me is when she needs something from me. 

I got so fed up with it this year that I just stopped talking to her, and it's like she hasn't even noticed. We've spoken all of twice this year (one of those times, of course, because she needed something from me, the other I broke down and asked how she was doing). I finally told her how I feel about it (or at least, I tried, I don't think I explained myself very well) and all she said was, "I'm sorry you feel that way, I apologize, I'll try to do better." She sounded so formal about it. I don't know if she was shocked or what. She also told me that she just doesn't talk much, which I understand, I do. I'm not that big of a talker myself. But at least I try. I make an effort, because that's what you do when you care about someone. But she's not even trying. 

I don't know, am I just misinterpreting things? Am I reading this whole situation wrong? Am I pushing where I shouldn't be? I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I think I'm going to do 2 sets of goals, one for when I have All The Energy, and one for when I have no energy

I love this! It's wonderfully crafty and yet simple, awesome!

Speaking as someone who seems to share some traits with your cousin: you don't share your way of functioning. To you, communicating is essential, it may be a way to show you care and it let's you and her know when she or you need something. You're an extrovert. She doesn't need it. To her, making a phone call to get in touch with you may be a hassle and talking about your respective lives seem devoid of purpose. It looks like she's an introvert. It doesn't mean she doesn't care or that she doesn't love you, she probably does and maybe on a very deep level, she just doesn't have the same ways as you have of displaying it (which is really to say that she doesn't display it, maybe because it is to be understood implicitly in her mind).

She probably understands that most people in society aren't like her, though, hence her feeling that she has to do an effort to be more of an extrovert because that's what is expected of her and that looks like the "normal" way, hence the "I'll try to do better" which is probably, as you've noticed, something formal, something she has to do, a kind of tax to society you have to pay because you're born and that some enjoy (extroverts) and some find taxing (introverts). It's still not something she's pursuing, it may be taxing to her and she may feel entitled to operate under her own way of operating and not have to wear a mask because she feels expected to  talk and share when it really is not her way of doing things. She may be asking herself "why do I (emphasis here) have to do all these efforts and they et to define what is normal and how we should behave?"

All in all, if I have to wager a guess, Id' say she loves you and cares for you, and she'll jump in to help you in a pitch if she ever finds you in need of anything but she doesn't show it by keeping in touch and having conversations. Keeping in touch is taxing for her but she feels like she ought to be doing it so she says and probably intends to but it gets dropped out once she's by herself and gives in to her way of living life. I know people who have told me they've been hurt by my behavior: it hasn't made me change it in any way. What you can do, I'd say, is try to understand, and adapt, and not feel dismissed or hurt anymore when she doesn't calls you back. Do what you enjoy with her and do what you can't do with her with other people. She'll either appreciate it or figure that she's loosing you and put more of an effort to try to keep in touch.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jean said:

I love this! It's wonderfully crafty and yet simple, awesome!

Thanks! :) 

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Jean said:

Speaking as someone who seems to share some traits with your cousin: you don't share your way of functioning. To you, communicating is essential, it may be a way to show you care and it let's you and her know when she or you need something. You're an extrovert. She doesn't need it. To her, making a phone call to get in touch with you may be a hassle and talking about your respective lives seem devoid of purpose. It looks like she's an introvert. It doesn't mean she doesn't care or that she doesn't love you, she probably does and maybe on a very deep level, she just doesn't have the same ways as you have of displaying it (which is really to say that she doesn't display it, maybe because it is to be understood implicitly in her mind

That is a very good point, it could very well be that our personalities are just different. And I do know where she is coming from. I'm not so much an extrovert as an introvert with some extroverted traits, so while I'm not comfortable talking to people I don't know well, I can be a chatterbox around people I do know and am comfortable being around. Still, talking can be taxing for me as well, so I do understand that. I'm not asking her to change her entire personality to fit me, that wouldn't be fair. I also don't expect her to suddenly turn into a chatterbox and talk to me every day/24/7. All I'm asking for is that when we do talk that it's a more meaningful conversation where she says more than two words, and for her to ask me how I'm doing every once in a while. I would never want to make her uncomfortable or force her to do something she doesn't want to do. But relationships require give and take, so I don't know, I feel like she should be making at least a little bit of an effort. I'd like to think I'm pretty low maintenance, so even a little bit of effort on her part is a big deal to me. 

12 hours ago, Jean said:

She'll either appreciate it or figure that she's loosing you and put more of an effort to try to keep in touch.

I've actually done this before, where I just accepted that she will do things how she will do them and rolled with it. But then we went years without speaking, and if I hadn't reached out in the last few years, we still wouldn't be speaking. And in a family that loves to ignore each other/not acknowledge each other, it's not a good feeling. I've tried reaching out to my other cousins as well but they have made it clear that they don't want anything to do with me, and that's okay and I respect that. That's their choice. But that doesn't leave me with a whole lot of family and I guess I just don't want to lose any more, which is maybe why I pushed when I probably shouldn't have. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Jupiter said:

It's never the amount I want to do though, of course, which is my perfectionist, type A personality showing through. I want to be able to do all the things, all the time, and I have to be aware and accept that I can't always do that. I need to learn to listen to my body more and learn to maximize my more productive moments when I can and rest when my body/brain is telling me to rest. Pushing past my limit won't do me any good (I'm sure I've talked about all this before, 

This. So much this. You & I are very similar in this area.

RE: your hidden content--I've made the decision to stop chasing people. Perhaps that sounds cold, but it just upsets & drains me when people don't respond.  I could understand it if they were introverted...but they aren't. So I'm done with it.

• Like 2

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

20 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I'm going to do 2 sets of goals, one for when I have All The Energy, and one for when I have no energy

I love this idea!!!!! You are brilliant! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing how you structure them & think I might do the same.

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

On 11/17/2019 at 4:06 PM, fitnessgurl said:

This. So much this. You & I are very similar in this area.

RE: your hidden content--I've made the decision to stop chasing people. Perhaps that sounds cold, but it just upsets & drains me when people don't respond.  I could understand it if they were introverted...but they aren't. So I'm done with it.

Yeah, I'm the same way, and I know I need to just let people like that go, and I have before, but I don't know. Harder to give up on family I guess. Good news is that she's made more of an effort this week than she has in the past, so we'll see what happens. 

On 11/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, fitnessgurl said:

I love this idea!!!!! You are brilliant! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing how you structure them & think I might do the same.

Aw, thank you! :) I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do it yet and it'll more than likely need some tweaking but we'll see how it goes. :) 

On 11/21/2019 at 2:06 PM, fitnessgurl said:

How is your week going?

Hi! Thank you for checking in, I really appreciate it! It was certainly a week LOL. I wrote it all below. :) 

On 11/21/2019 at 3:48 PM, Kishi said:

Hey, just wanted to drop by to say I was thinking about you and hope that things have been well. Hope the end of year is giving you some room to breathe!

Hey Kishi, thanks for checking in, I really appreciate it. :) Things are going, LOL, and as busy as always. 

Wow, another week flew by. They sure do go by fast, don't they? Work is still busy, of course. I keep hearing that we're slowing down, and then I get days like today where I had a bunch of rush files and everybody wanting all their stuff fixed and out the door asap. Don't get me wrong, despite all the crap at work, I'm glad that we're busy, but some days it would be nice if we didn't always have to work at break-neck speed. In other, better, news, a friend called me up that I haven't talked to in a while and we chatted about a bunch of stuff. I'm really excited because she might be coming out for a visit (or I might be going out there, or we might do both, LOL). I haven't seen her in forever and I'd love to just hang out for a few days and do fun stuff. She'll also be bringing her twins, which she had earlier this year, and I can't wait to finally meet them. :) 

Anyway, on to the stats:

Fitness:

- Monday I tried out my new strength training routine. I went slow and tried to focus on form, and I ended up pretty sore, even though I didn't do very many reps (which tells me just how out of shape I am). And of course I pushed and tried to do some yoga the next day and could only get through about 15 minutes before I had to call it quits, and by Wednesday I didn't do anything at all. So, need to make some adjustments. The main one I think is starting with a lighter dumbbell, and that should hopefully help. I think what I've got is just a little too heavy for me for right now. Anyway, I managed to get in 10 minutes of yoga yesterday, though nothing again today. So, not as much exercise as I was hoping for, but at least I did what I was able. 

Nutrition:

- I had veggies at 3 meals and some fruit at 2. All things considered, I think I did pretty good here. 

Intellectual:

- Ugh, I feel like I've rewritten this chapter a thousand times. Still, I think I finally figured out what was wrong with it, I just need to finish re-writing it, and then I can go back through and revise. It's been a little hard though because I've been so exhausted lately. I'm definitely losing my tolerance for working 10-12 hour days plus workouts every day on 5-6 hours of sleep. So, another thing to adjust: going to bed a little earlier. Good thing I'm figuring out some new goals. I'm hoping I can sit down and go over everything this weekend and hash things out. I need to figure out how to track things a little better though. I've tried a couple of different habit tracker apps but I don't like any of them so far. I may have to go old school and write it all down on paper. 

• Like 2

I need to start putting my goals back into more specific, quantifiable terms. I haven't really done that lately. It's been more like, "shove as much into the day as I possibly can and then collapse," which isn't really sustainable. (And then of course when I can't do that I end up doing nothing at all.) So, while I get my new-ish goals together, I'm getting back to the basics of tracking, which means being more consistent about my habits/tracking/posting about them. Anyway, my stats for today:

Fitness:

- Walked 30 minutes while running errands. Score. I even managed to get part of my Christmas shopping done. Double score. 💪

Nutrition:

- This didn't work out as planned today. Mostly ate out, but I had planned to have some fruit at home so I could have something healthy at least. Instead, I ended up so exhausted by the afternoon that I ate all the chocolate I had left in my pantry. Seriously, it was like, about-to-cry exhaustion. And I didn't even do that much. Ugh. 

Intellectual:

- Somehow I felt more awake towards the end of the night and wrote about a page and a half, which isn't bad. The scene feels a bit flat and mechanical because I'm tired, but I'm getting the bones down, which is the hardest part. I can do more with it once it's done. 

On the bright side, I think I found a habit tracker I like. It's in an old school day planner, but it shows the whole month of tracking, which is exactly what I was looking for. It's nice to see things from day to day, but it's hard to gauge how things are going when I can't see the big picture. So, with the day planner now I can. We'll see how it goes. 

And now, I'm off to read for a little bit.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Jupiter said:

On the bright side, I think I found a habit tracker I like. It's in an old school day planner, but it shows the whole month of tracking, which is exactly what I was looking for. It's nice to see things from day to day, but it's hard to gauge how things are going when I can't see the big picture. So, with the day planner now I can. We'll see how it goes. 

I can't seem to let go of old school planners. There's something about seeing it all in front of me from a monthly/weekly basis that I find comforting. I'm working on customizing a planner just for me using the Arc/Happy Planner covers. I like these because they're so flexible & moving things around is easy.

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

12 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

I can't seem to let go of old school planners. There's something about seeing it all in front of me from a monthly/weekly basis that I find comforting.

Yeah, I agree. I haven't used an old school planner in forever (I keep buying them every year and yet somehow they get lost in the shuffle), but I'm going to give it another try and hope it works this time. 

12 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

I'm working on customizing a planner just for me using the Arc/Happy Planner covers. I like these because they're so flexible & moving things around is easy.

Very nice. :D

So today did not go as I'd hoped, but I'm trying to get some consistency back a little at a time, so here I am with the tracking. My stats:

Fitness:

- Nada. Nothing. Zilch. Zero. I was hoping to get a good night's sleep last night and hopefully feel better, but nope and nope. I was exhausted and didn't do much more than do my laundry and read a book, which honestly helped my brain more than anything else could have. I keep doing this to myself. I know what I need but I keep trying to push past it and ignore the signs. I have got to start recognizing them earlier and do something about it. Have to remember that it's not just my body I need to pay attention to but my brain too. 

Nutrition:

- Also nope. There's always tomorrow. 

Intellectual:

- Wrote about a page and a half. I'm really liking the villain in this scene. I was only planning for him to play a small part and that's it, but he's so fun to write that I may include him in later stories too. We'll see. 

Still deciding on my new goals, but hoping to have them ironed out this week since I was pretty much brain dead this weekend.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

I have got to start recognizing them earlier and do something about it. Have to remember that it's not just my body I need to pay attention to but my brain too. 

Have you ever used Daylio mood tracker? If not, I recommend it. It tracks mood & activity as well as giving you a report every week (if you turn that option on).

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

23 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Have you ever used Daylio mood tracker? If not, I recommend it. It tracks mood & activity as well as giving you a report every week (if you turn that option on).

Hmm I have not. It sounds cool, I'll have to give it a try. Thanks. :) 

Well, work was actually fun today. We had a potluck and a white elephant gift exchange to celebrate the holidays, and we all actually took a lunch (instead of skipping it like I know most of us do) and just sat and talked to each other. It was nice. Wish we could do stuff like this more often. It might help to reduce the stress in the office a bit. Plus it'd be nice to get to know my co-workers better. We're always so slammed that we barely even get a chance to say hello to each other. Anyway, on to today's stats:

Fitness:

- Did my new strength training routine with the lighter weight. I think I did all right, still mostly focusing on form since it's new, but I felt like the weight was a little too light, LOL. It was almost too easy, which works for now since I'm still just focusing on form, but I'd love to level this up soon. 

Nutrition:

- There was quite a bit of junk food at the office party but I still managed to get in some apple slices and some veggies with dinner. 

Intellectual:

- Wrote about another page and a half. This chapter is such a slog, but I'm getting through it little by little. Hopefully at the rate I'm going I'll be done by, if not before, the end of the week. And then after that I need to revise like crazy. 

All in all, not bad for a day's work. :)

• Like 1

Fitness:

- Aimed for 30 minutes of yoga, and only managed about 10 minutes. 

Nutrition:

- Had some veggies with dinner. 

Intellectual:

- Got in another page and a half. 

So, mixed results today. I was hoping to get more done, but I did something instead of nothing at all and that's what matters. 

• Like 2

Fitness:

- We were supposed to have a half day at work today but ended up working later than planned (no surprise there). I had planned to do 30 minutes of yoga, and ended up doing a few minutes of weights instead. 

Nutrition:

- Had some veggies with lunch and dinner. 

Intellectual:

- Finished rewriting the chapter. Score. 💪 Now I need to go back through it and revise. 

Edit: Oh, I should add that I went to bed a half an hour earlier last night and that seems to have helped some with the exhaustion. Had more energy today than I have in the last week. 

• Like 2