A Druid's Battle Log

20 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

It has some nice illustrations in it which I might try to draw. :)

Image result for do it gifs

You'll have to show us if/when you do. :)

Thursday's Stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week ✔️ -- A little over 20 minutes. I actually felt like I could go for longer and finish the video, but I was short on time so I couldn't. But it felt like I could, which doesn't happen often, so that's cool. :) 

- Strength training 10 minutes once a week  

- Walking 30 minutes once a week 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

- Strength training 5 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat some fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week  ✔️ -- The over-eating struggle is real today. I feel like I just can't stop eating for some reason. Anyway, fruits and veggies today (my grandma made breaded cauliflower and maple glazed carrots yesterday and she gave me leftovers, yum), so yay. :) 

10% plan:

- Eat some fruit or veggies 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Have been procrastinating this a little bit (a bit of the whole 'fear of failure' thing coming back) but I bit the bullet and worked through some revisions. I still have to go through the last part of the chapter but I decided to go back to the beginning to clean things up a little so I can think a little more on how to fix the ending. Got through the first 5 pages, which are looking much better than they did before. 

- Write down 1 new plot point a week for my new outline 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 book a week  

- Cook once this month 

- Go to bed half an hour early 

• Like 2

Some 2020 goals I've been thinking about for next year, in no particular order:

- Get stronger 

- Cook more/eat healthier

- Read 40 books

- Finish round 1 revisions on my novel

- Go through round 2 of revisions

- Start submitting my novel to agents

- Finish the outline for my second project

- De-clutter my house

- Get more sleep

- Draw more (I wasn't sure I was going to add this one but I thought what the hell, why not?)

- Be more social/communicate better (I really need to work on this one for sure)

Still thinking of how I'm going to break everything down into more manageable chunks, but these are my overarching goals for the year so far. 

• Like 3

Friday's Stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week ✔️ -- Almost 25 minutes. 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat some fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week  

10% plan:

- Eat some fruit or veggies ✔️  -- Not the greatest eating day, but I did get in some veggies. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Revised 2-ish pages.

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 book a week  ✔️ 

- Cook once this month 

• Like 1

Hey, another writer! There are a lot of us here it seems. My first book (well, first finished one) is at the editor right now, and January will be writing month for me. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

44 minutes ago, Echoceanic said:

Hey, another writer! There are a lot of us here it seems.

Yeah, seems like it. It's pretty cool. :) 

44 minutes ago, Echoceanic said:

My first book (well, first finished one) is at the editor right now, and January will be writing month for me.

Oh nice, that's awesome! Good luck, I hope the editor says good things! I wish I could get back to just the writing, I feel like I've been revising forever LOL. Have fun in January. :) 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Good luck, I hope the editor says good things! I wish I could get back to just the writing, I feel like I've been revising forever LOL.

I rewrote this particular story 3 times, so when he finally said it's edit ready I was so hyped. Working on something else as that is happening. How are you revising? From notes, or just a self-edit?

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

1 hour ago, Echoceanic said:

I rewrote this particular story 3 times, so when he finally said it's edit ready I was so hyped. Working on something else as that is happening.

Nice!

1 hour ago, Echoceanic said:

How are you revising? From notes, or just a self-edit?

It's more of a complete rewrite/self-edit. But I also have a mentor and she's been helping me a lot. 

• Like 2

Yesterday was a low energy day. I walked for 30 minutes and wrote some notes for my outline, but that's it. Did a little more today, though. 

Sunday's Stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat some fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week  

10% plan:

- Eat some fruit or veggies ✔️  -- Had some fruit, 1 and a half servings. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Revised about 7 pages while listening to the Legacies season 1 soundtrack (which has amazing music by the way). I think I managed to tighten things up and fix the pacing and the tone, but we'll see. Still have a few pages left in the chapter. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 book a week  ✔️ -- Ugh, another book I didn't finish (though I'm still counting it). Why can't I find a good book to read? 

- Cook once this month ✔️ -- Cooked scrambled eggs for breakfast. Surprisingly, I've managed to make Sunday breakfast every week for a few weeks now. I think this is a good cooking habit for me to focus on for the next month. 

- Go to bed half an hour early ✔️ -- Went to bed half an hour early last night but I feel like I barely slept. I think I woke up 3 or 4 times. Not sure why. 😕 

The exercise may or may not happen tonight. After revising 7 pages, my brain is a little fried. 

• Like 2

Monday's Stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week 

- Strength training 10 minutes once a week  ✔️ -- Decided to increase the dumbbell weight a little bit. Was a little wobbly but not too bad. 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat some fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week  ✔️ -- Had almost 3 servings of fruits and a very small serving of veggies. 

10% plan:

- Eat some fruit or veggies 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Finished the chapter. Still not quite sure about this ending. 😕 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 book a week  

- Cook once this month 

- Go to bed half an hour early ✔️ -- Still didn't sleep well and I woke up once last night. I wonder if I need a new mattress. Mine is older than dirt. 

•  

Okay so I've been thinking about my goals for the next month and how I want to tweak them and what to add. Fitness I think is pretty much going to stay the same. I increased the dumbbell weight a little bit and I think that's the only change I want to make for now (and I decreased yoga to 3 days for now). My writing goals are staying the same for now also. Everything else I've tweaked a little bit:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 1 serving of fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week  

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day from once a week

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day -- I think reading a book a week is a little too ambitious right now, so if I can read 30 minutes a day that would be awesome. 

- Cook breakfast on Sundays

- Draw once a week -- Even if it's just a little doodle, I'd like to make this into more of a habit/fun hobby for me to do. Just something outside of work and writing that is stress free. 

- De-clutter the junk room once a week-- I'm starting the decluttering of my house with my junk room. My plan is to take one thing from the junk room a week and either get rid of it or add it to the donate pile to then be donated at a later date. Once I have a big enough pile I'll take everything to Goodwill. 

Anyway, I think that's it for now. 

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

What genre of book are you into at the moment? What subject interests you?

I mostly read urban fantasy. Sometimes epic fantasy, steampunk or YA. Even some paranormal romance. Problem is, I feel like the genre's been so inundated that it all is starting to read the same. I'm not sure if I should switch genres for a bit, and if so, what to try. I'm a pretty picky reader.  

10 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Have you read The Memory Thief by Lauren Mansy? It's a YA book. I liked it. :)

I have not, but it looks interesting! I'll have to see if they have it at the library. Thanks! :) 

So, the last 2 days have basically been a wash. I decided to take a break since it's the holiday, but also I'm not feeling the greatest emotionally (kind of sad and lonely, but what are you going to do?) so I wouldn't have gotten anything done anyway. Almost decided not to do anything at all but then I pushed myself to go see the new Star Wars movie since I was off today, and it was really good, and then I binge watched the last season of the Originals (which, in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have done considering how it ends, but oh well. It was still a good season). Anyway, tomorrow should be back to regularly scheduled programming.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

I didn't do much either. I've been feeling meh. Just tired & emotionally drained. Hang in there...tomorrow will be better. *hugs*

Thank you, I appreciate it. And same goes to you too, hang in there. *hugs back*

• Thanks 1

Thursday's Stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week ✔️ -- Did 25 minutes. I'm surprised by how much easier it's getting. This video used to kill me, and now it's my go to if I want something a little easier compared to the other, harder videos (not that it isn't still challenging, just not in an "I'm dying" sort of way). 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 1 serving of fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week  

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- Had 1 serving of fruit. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Read through 7 pages. Not bad so far. I think it's almost ready. 

- Write down 1 new plot point a week 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day -- Doing as soon as I log off. 

- Go to bed half an hour early -- Actually went to bed way too late last night as I got caught up reading. Surprisingly, though, I slept way better last night than I have in the last week. 😕 

- Draw once a week 

- De-clutter the junk room once a week

Felt a lot better today and got stuff done. I can even check off my first doctor's appointment for the year. I have a sort of unofficial goal of going to all my doctor's appointments this year (I've missed my dermatologist appointments the last 2 years, and last year I didn't get my blood work done) as part of the whole, "taking better care of myself" thing. Of course, I'm running out of steam already, as I'm like, do I have to get my blood work done? Is it really that important? But it kind of is, so it will get done just...later this year LOL. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Thursday's Stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week ✔️ -- Did 25 minutes. I'm surprised by how much easier it's getting. This video used to kill me, and now it's my go to if I want something a little easier compared to the other, harder videos (not that it isn't still challenging, just not in an "I'm dying" sort of way). 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- Had 1 serving of fruit. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Read through 7 pages. Not bad so far. I think it's almost ready. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day -- Doing as soon as I log off. 

- Go to bed half an hour early -- Actually went to bed way too late last night as I got caught up reading. Surprisingly, though, I slept way better last night than I have in the last week. 😕 

- Draw once a week 

Felt a lot better today and got stuff done. I can even check off my first doctor's appointment for the year. I have a sort of unofficial goal of going to all my doctor's appointments this year (I've missed my dermatologist appointments the last 2 years, and last year I didn't get my blood work done) as part of the whole, "taking better care of myself" thing. Of course, I'm running out of steam already, as I'm like, do I have to get my blood work done? Is it really that important? But it kind of is, so it will get done just...later this year LOL. 

Keep up the good work! 😀

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

11 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Keep up the good work! 😀

8 hours ago, ReturnOfTheDad said:

9D8EA5F0-6DBF-4E9A-A641-6D5067312DDE.gif.a54eb115858e9ac424deb9b46fe8ff58.gif

Thanks, guys!! :D 

Friday's Stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Strength training 10 minutes once a week  ✔️ -- Got in an extra strength training workout this week. Work made me mad today and yoga wasn't going to cut it. I needed to lift heavy stuff (heavy-ish anyway), so I did. 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- Had 1 serving of fruit. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Revised 3 pages. I keep trying to shorten this chapter, but I think I need to just accept that this is going to be longer than average. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day ✔️ -- Read about an hour and a half last night. I was almost done with my book, so I just went ahead and finished it. I now remember why I'm not a fan of the sci-fi thriller genre LOL. 

- Draw once a week ✔️ -- Didn't do a full drawing like I wanted, but I doodled a little bit and tried to draw something I saw on Facebook. 

• Like 1

Saturday's Stats: 

Fitness:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- Had 1 serving of fruit. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Worked all afternoon and revised all the pages. It's better, but it still feels a bit off in some places so I'll have to go back through tomorrow or Monday and see if I can smooth those out. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day ✔️ 

- Go to bed half an hour early ✔️ -- Went to bed early, slept for an hour, and then woke up and had trouble sleeping the rest of the night. Could not turn my brain off and kept thinking about this chapter. 

- Draw once a week 

- De-clutter the junk room once a week ✔️ -- Added some things to the donate pile. 

I meant to get in some yoga today but I worked most of the day so it didn't quite happen. Boo. On the bright side, I finally watched the first episode of the Mandalorian last night. Not a bad first episode. Also, baby Yoda is the cutest thing I have ever seen. 

• Like 2