A Druid's Battle Log

On 1/22/2020 at 9:41 PM, Defining said:

Nice of him to show his true colours before you get TOO invested. ;) If at all possible, try not to worry about 'what you did' too much; that kind of behaviour is 100% on him, NOT YOU.

You deserve someone who is just as invested in developing the relationship as you are: don't settle for 'available', when you will be able to find 'enthusiastic'!

I am sorry that someone didn't offer you the respect of communicating properly, by just ghosting instead. 

On 1/23/2020 at 6:53 AM, LostValkyrie19 said:

I am sorry about the guy, but look at how awesome you are doing with your goals so far! So many check marks!! 

On 1/23/2020 at 7:34 AM, nianjufe said:

Ugh, it's always disappointing and a little crushing when this happens. Luckily, like @Defining said, at least you got to see his real self before it got too deep. I'm sorry he was selfish and didn't consider your feelings or treat you like the fabulous human being you are. Big hugs to you, and keep on keeping on, you're worth so much more!

giphy.gif

On 1/23/2020 at 1:48 PM, Kishi said:

It's hard to know why people do the things they do. Most people don't know themselves. (I speak as one who is ignorant).

There are charitable and uncharitable reads on this. In the interest of charity, let's suppose that he probably got caught up in some stuff and wasn't able to communicate back to you in a way that met your needs. Whether you stick around for that or not is up to you, but it doesn't make sense from out here to spend time on something that isn't going to let you meet your needs.

It's not good and not bad. The unpleasantness makes it easy to attach a value judgment to it, but down that road lies madness and you don't need that. So, take a breath, let it go. You did your best, and I'm sure he meant to do the same. It just didn't click into place.

On 1/24/2020 at 7:14 AM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

So sorry to hear that happened, very inconsiderate and echo everyone here that glad he took off that mask early so you don’t have to deal with further BS.

Thank you all so much for your comments and support. You have no idea how much it means to me. ❤️ ❤️ *sending virtual hugs to everyone* As for the guy, I'm going to take the advice of all the very smart and awesome people here and be glad that he showed his true self early, see this as a good learning experience and move on. :) 

• Like 3
On 1/24/2020 at 7:08 AM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

YES!!!

I'm like: 

Image result for i need this  gifs

Image result for give me gifs

• Haha 1

Thursday/Friday/Saturday's stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week ✔️ -- Did 25 minutes. 

- Strength training 10 minutes once a week 

- Walking 30 minutes once a week ✔️

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

- Strength training 5 minutes 

Decided Thursday would be a rest day, did yoga on Friday and walked 30 minutes today. I think I'm going to switch up the schedule a bit and make Tuesdays and Thursdays rest days. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday will be workout days, and I'll do whatever I'm able to do on the weekends (probably walking and another yoga session like usual). I want to start using my time a little more efficiently and try to get the most out of my workouts, and I think this will help with that. We'll see how it works for now. 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 1 serving of fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week  

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- Ate 3 servings of fruit Thursday and 3 on Friday, nothing today. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Ugh, struggled with this on Thursday and Friday. Work mostly consisted of me staring at the page so I feel like I didn't get much done. But, at the same time, I worked through the scene (the tough one that I took a break from and came back to) in my head and took some notes, which helped me for today. I revised 2 pages, but it's still a bit slow going as I have a couple different moving parts. But I think I'm getting there. 

- Write down 1 new plot point a week 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day ✔️ -- Read a lot Thursday and Friday, not very much today. 

- Cook breakfast on Sundays 

- Go to bed half an hour early ✔️ -- Went to bed early the last two nights but I feel like I didn't get much sleep. Not sure why. 😕 

- Draw once a week 

- De-clutter the junk room once a week ✔️ -- Got rid of one box full of stuff finally. Only a billion more to go. 

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I think I'm going to switch up the schedule a bit and make Tuesdays and Thursdays rest days.

Sometimes switching things up jump starts motivation. 👍

18 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Got rid of one box full of stuff finally.

Yay! Decluttering for the win!!!!!

• Like 2

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Sunday/Monday stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week 

- Strength training 10 minutes once a week ✔️ -- Did nothing at all on Sunday, but got in my workout today. 

- Walking 30 minutes once a week 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- Ate 1 serving of fruit yesterday and 3 today.

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Got in about a page and a half. Slow but steady. I'll finish revising this scene eventually. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day ✔️ -- 30 minutes yesterday, nothing today. 

- Go to bed half an hour early  -- Did not go to bed early last night. I've barely gotten any sleep the last few nights and I don't know why. I keep waking up in the middle of the night multiple times a night. It's bad enough I'm getting a headache from it. :( 

- Draw once a week 

- De-clutter the junk room once a week 

I am thinking about joining a book club. There's a sci-fi/fantasy book group that meets at a cafe once a month. The only downside is that the cafe is about an hour or so away, but since it'd only be once a month, I think I may go ahead and do it. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Did not go to bed early last night. I've barely gotten any sleep the last few nights and I don't know why. I keep waking up in the middle of the night multiple times a night. It's bad enough I'm getting a headache from it. :( 

If I don't eat a snack before bed, my blood sugar drops & wakes me up. Have you changed your eating habits?

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

Tuesday's stats (is it Tuesday? I keep thinking it's Monday for some reason...anyway, onward):

Fitness:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

Rest day. 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- Had 3 servings of fruit. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- I was in the zone today and finally finished the scene. I still need to go back through and clean it up a little, but otherwise I think the hard part is over. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day ✔️ 

- Go to bed half an hour early  

- Draw once a week 

A little irritated with work right now. Pretty much everyone there operates under the assumption that we are available 24/7 and people occasionally freak out when I'm not there, like they did today after my shift was over. Ugh. They've been better about it lately but I guess I need to remind them again that I'm not chained to my desk. Anyway, I did everything I planned to do today so I can go watch the last episode ever of Arrow without guilt. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

If I don't eat a snack before bed, my blood sugar drops & wakes me up. Have you changed your eating habits?

No, it's pretty much stayed the same. I think maybe I was too hot? I turned my heater way down last night and that seemed to help some. 

• Like 1

Wednesday's stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week ✔️ -- Got in about 25 minutes. Also did some squats and burpees. 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

Rest day. 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- Had 2 and a half servings of fruit. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Got through about 2 pages of the read through. Not bad so far. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day -- plan to do once I log off. 

- Draw once a week 

Need to start thinking about tweaking a few of my goals again. 

ETA: Oh, I emailed the book club to see if they were taking new members, and they said they are! The only problem now is that the next meeting is coming up and I still don't have the book they selected from the library. 😕 

• Like 3

Thursday/Friday stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week ✔️ -- Rest day yesterday, did 40 minutes of yoga today. Felt like I was dying a little bit by the end of it, but I did it. I think I'm liking the whole workouts every other day thing. I feel like it's working.  

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

Rest day. 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- 2 servings of fruit again both days. So far I've had 2 servings of fruit every day for the past week. Not bad. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Finished the chapter. I still want to go through it again one last time, but I like it. Right now though it's back to the next chapter's revisions. I like it so far. I laughed out loud at this one paragraph I wrote, and I remembered how fun this is. Not that it isn't, but sometimes I get so caught up in the work that I forget that it's actually fun

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Go to bed half an hour early ✔️ -- Slept like a log last night. It was awesome.

- Draw once a week ✔️ -- Did a lot of doodling this week. Working on eyes right now. Most of the time I don't get it right, but every once in a while I do. 

The book for my book club finally came in at the library, so that is now on my list of things to do this weekend. 

ETA: Crazy month end madness has begun again. Fun times. 

• Like 5
On 1/28/2020 at 9:44 PM, Jupiter said:

I was in the zone today and finally finished the scene. I still need to go back through and clean it up a little, but otherwise I think the hard part is over. 

Woot, woot!!!!!

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

On 1/28/2020 at 9:55 PM, Jupiter said:

No, it's pretty much stayed the same. I think maybe I was too hot? I turned my heater way down last night and that seemed to help some. 

I was just reading about how being too hot or too cold interrupts REM sleep. :)

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

Ugh, I did nothing this weekend. Nothing. Well, that's not true. I walked for 30 minutes yesterday. And I did laundry today. And I read a book. Oh, and had one serving of fruit. But otherwise I didn't make a dent in the long list of things I wanted to do this weekend. I was--still sort of am--so brain dead. I think it was the 40 minutes of yoga on Friday that did me in (I'm still sooo sore). And the not-sleeping-well thing. Now I'll have to try to fit everything in sometime during the week. And somehow make up all the work I didn't do. On the bright side though I now have 6 books read for my reading challenge. And now to try to salvage what's left of today and try to get some work done. But really all I want to do right now is binge watch Arrow. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

I was just reading about how being too hot or too cold interrupts REM sleep. :)

LOL I think I did too. ;) It's not just the heat though, I don't think. A big part of it is that I can't seem to turn my brain off at night. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Jupiter said:

And the not-sleeping-well thing.

Jumping in on this, I agree with the too hot thing. Temperature is huge. As are anything exciting or technological. But even when everything's right and you still wake up, sometimes it helps to have a glass of water at the ready and just take a few sips, or the whole thing. I've noticed a difference for me in being able to fall back asleep more quickly. 

I hope you'll be able to sleep during your busy month and the people at work will realize they need to be more self sufficient and respectful of your time.💜

• Like 2

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

"Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Monday's stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Strength training 10 minutes once a week ✔️ -- Took it a little bit easier today (but not by much). Managed to get through the whole workout without too much issue. 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

Rest day. 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- Ate a bunch of junk today, but at least I still had my 2 servings of fruit.

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Got through a page and a half. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day 

- Draw once a week 

I made it through the day. I think I'll call it a success. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, nianjufe said:

Jumping in on this, I agree with the too hot thing. Temperature is huge. As are anything exciting or technological. But even when everything's right and you still wake up, sometimes it helps to have a glass of water at the ready and just take a few sips, or the whole thing. I've noticed a difference for me in being able to fall back asleep more quickly. 

Hmm, I'll have to try the water thing, thanks for the suggestion. :) 

10 hours ago, nianjufe said:

I hope you'll be able to sleep during your busy month and the people at work will realize they need to be more self sufficient and respectful of your time.💜

Thanks, me too. :) 

• Like 2
On 2/2/2020 at 7:16 PM, Jupiter said:

Ugh, I did nothing this weekend. Nothing. Well, that's not true. I walked for 30 minutes yesterday. And I did laundry today. And I read a book. Oh, and had one serving of fruit..... 40 minutes of yoga on Friday ....

It sounds like you did a ton of stuff! And Friday nights count :P

Don't be too down on what you did, because that is a ton of accomplishment right there. I hope your week is going alright and that you are finding time to just relax a little in there. 

• Like 3

"You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course! Stick to it, no matter the squalls."
- Long John Silver, Treasure Planet  🏴‍☠️

Tuesday/Wednesday stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week ✔️ --  Yesterday was a rest day, today got in 30 minutes. Was tired and didn't really want to do it, but I did it anyway. 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

Rest day. 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- 2 servings of fruit yesterday and 2 today. Need to work my way back up to 3 a day again. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- About a page and a half yesterday and 2 pages today (though I did rewrite some of what I did yesterday, so I feel like I didn't really get 2 pages in). Ugh, not getting nearly as much work done as I was hoping this week, but I'm still so exhausted. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Go to bed half an hour early ✔️ -- Managed to get to bed early last night, but I still woke up twice early this morning for no apparent reason. Forgot to try drinking some water when I woke up, but I seemed to fall back asleep pretty fast, so I suppose that's something.

- Draw once a week 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, LostValkyrie19 said:

It sounds like you did a ton of stuff! And Friday nights count :P

Don't be too down on what you did, because that is a ton of accomplishment right there. I hope your week is going alright and that you are finding time to just relax a little in there. 

Thank you! :) I always feel like I never do enough and sometimes I need the reminder that whatever I'm able to do is actually enough. So thanks! :) 

• Like 2

Yeah, it is easy to get lost in the "I need to dos", and then not realize what you have actually done. You are right, it is hard to remember and think about all that you have accomplished and done, don't let that bog you down!

I am glad that I can help remind you of how amazing you are and of all the great things you have done. 

Great job on pushing at yoga, even though you didn't want to :P 

• Like 2

"You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course! Stick to it, no matter the squalls."
- Long John Silver, Treasure Planet  🏴‍☠️

On 2/6/2020 at 6:41 AM, LostValkyrie19 said:

Yeah, it is easy to get lost in the "I need to dos", and then not realize what you have actually done. You are right, it is hard to remember and think about all that you have accomplished and done, don't let that bog you down!

I am glad that I can help remind you of how amazing you are and of all the great things you have done. 

Great job on pushing at yoga, even though you didn't want to :P

You're so sweet, thank you, I appreciate all your kind words!! :) 

13 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

I took most of this week off. I could tell I was heading for burn out & just threw my hands up in surrender, went to the library & checked out a few fiction books because I needed some mind candy.

That sounds like an excellent idea. I may need to borrow it...Hope it helped you rest up. :)

Ugh, yesterday was a no-go. So I decided to read some and go to bed early. Except then I was wide awake and it took me around 2 hours to fall asleep and yet somehow I still woke up before my alarm. Bah. :P Now I feel like this today:

Image result for funny exhausted gifs

• Haha 1

Friday's stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week ✔️ --  Tried one of my 40 minute videos and only got through 30 minutes. I'll take it. 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

Rest day. 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- 3 servings of fruit. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Got through about 2 and a half pages. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day -- Will do once I log off. 

- Draw once a week 

Rough day but managed to do some things. Have to do some OT this weekend. Blech. On the bright side, I think I found a new office chair I like. Mine is so old there is no cushion left and I've been sitting on a few towels to make it easier to sit on (which is not working anymore). Hoping the new chair works out.

• Like 2