A Druid's Battle Log

December goals:

Okay, I've had some time to think about my goals and what I want to focus on for the next month and I think I've figured it out. I've got 2 sets of goals, one I call the 100% plan (for when I'm feeling good enough to give 100% effort; this will be the main plan that I aim for every day/week) and the 10% plan (for the days I can only give about 10% effort). I also have a few miscellaneous goals (if I'm feeling up to it). Anyway, here we go:

100% plan: 

Fitness:

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week (probably 3 times a week so I can fit in a rest day as necessary)

- Strength training 10 minutes once a week 

- Walking 30 minutes once a week

Nutrition:

- Eat some fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week

Intellectual:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day

- Write down 1 new plot point a week for the outline of a new project I'm prepping for when I'm done with this first project

10% plan:

Fitness: 

- Yoga 10 minutes or

- Strength training 5 minutes

Nutrition:

- Eat some fruit or veggies 

Intellectual:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 book a week (rereading counts)

- Cook once this month (I haven't cooked in so long that if I cook even one meal this next month I will call that a major win)

- Go to bed half an hour early

And I think that's it for now. The goals may need tweaking as I go along, but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, let's do this. :) 

Image result for let's do this thing gif

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

*Waves hello* 

How's it going?

Hey there! :) 

It's going, thanks for checking in! Admittedly did not do much thanks to the holiday, but now that it's over I'm getting back into the swing of things. :) 

Just now, Jupiter said:

Hey there! :) 

It's going, thanks for checking in! Admittedly did not do much thanks to the holiday, but now that it's over I'm getting back into the swing of things. :) 

You're welcome. Same here. Going running at the gym tomorrow. Yay!

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

1 minute ago, fitnessgurl said:

You're welcome. Same here. Going running at the gym tomorrow. Yay!

Very nice! Have fun! :) 

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

December goals:

Okay, I've had some time to think about my goals and what I want to focus on for the next month and I think I've figured it out. I've got 2 sets of goals, one I call the 100% plan (for when I'm feeling good enough to give 100% effort; this will be the main plan that I aim for every day/week) and the 10% plan (for the days I can only give about 10% effort). I also have a few miscellaneous goals (if I'm feeling up to it). Anyway, here we go:

100% plan: 

Fitness:

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week (probably 3 times a week so I can fit in a rest day as necessary)

Nutrition:

Intellectual:

- Write down 1 new plot point a week for the outline of a new project I'm prepping for when I'm done with this first project

10% plan:

Fitness: 

- Yoga 10 minutes or

Nutrition:

- Eat some fruit or veggies 

Intellectual:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Cook once this month (I haven't cooked in so long that if I cook even one meal this next month I will call that a major win)

And I think that's it for now. The goals may need tweaking as I go along, but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, let's do this. :) 

Image result for let's do this thing gif

I like the goal breakdown. I have my next challenge partly done; but I have a tendency to over plan & then run out of health bars, so I need to adjust it a bit.

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

On 11/30/2019 at 7:59 PM, fitnessgurl said:

I like the goal breakdown. I have my next challenge partly done; but I have a tendency to over plan & then run out of health bars, so I need to adjust it a bit.

Thanks! Yup, I'm the same, so I totally get it. :) Looking forward to seeing what adjustments you make. :) 

So, yesterday was a bust. Did nothing. Nada. Zilch. I was supposed to go out and run some errands, but I was so tired that I just read a book instead. Which I suppose counts towards my miscellaneous goals, so I suppose that's actually a win. :) 

Today was a little better, work notwithstanding. I keep hearing we're getting slower, and it was slower in the morning, but by the afternoon I was slammed. And someone got super pissed at me because I was too busy to answer the phone, so I had to deal with the fallout from that, which honestly was a little ridiculous. At this point I can only laugh. Anyway, on to the stats:

Fitness: 

- Strength training 10 minutes. I think the box squats I'm doing are getting a bit easier already, so that's a nice plus. 

Nutrition:

- Nothing yet, but we're still early in the week. 

Intellectual:

- Revised about half a page. 

Miscellaneous:

- Read a book (adding it from yesterday).

A bit of a mixed bag, plan-wise. Started out strong with the 100% plan and then fizzled out by the end with the 10% plan. Still, not bad all things considered. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Jupiter said:

A bit of a mixed bag, plan-wise. Started out strong with the 100% plan and then fizzled out by the end with the 10% plan.

This happens to me a lot. I'm all like: let's do ALL the things!

IMG_1052.PNG

By afternoon I'm like:

gif15.gif

• Haha 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

3 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

This happens to me a lot. I'm all like: let's do ALL the things!

IMG_1052.PNG

By afternoon I'm like:

gif15.gif

LOL, if only we had an infinite supply of energy right?

• Like 1

Yesterday's stats (bear with me as I adjust formatting, still figuring it out. @fitnessgurl I'm stealing your formatting for the moment :P):

100% plan: 

Fitness:

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week  ✔️ -- did 20 minutes

Nutrition:

- Eat some fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week -- nope, but I picked up some rice bowls from my favorite Asian place, and they all have veggies, so that should last me a few days

Intellectual:

Nope, did nothing here either. But I've gone to bed a little bit earlier the last two or three nights, and I think I'm finally catching up on sleep so that should help me in the afternoons. 

10% plan:

Fitness: 

- Yoga 10 minutes or

Nutrition:

- Eat some fruit or veggies 

Intellectual:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Go to bed half an hour early ✔️ -- did this the last few nights 

Was hoping to get more done, but all in all not too bad. 

• Like 3

Today's stats:

100% plan: 

Fitness:

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week  

Nutrition:

Intellectual:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️-- Revised a page and a half. 💪 Didn't expect to get through that much, but I did it. 

- Write down 1 new plot point a week for my new outline -- In progress. I wrote down about a third of a point (I like to do 3 parts per plot point). 

10% plan:

Fitness: 

- Yoga 10 minutes ✔️ -- Was not feeling at 100% by this afternoon but I still managed a little over 10 minutes.

Nutrition:

- Eat some fruit or veggies ✔️ -- Had veggies at both lunch and dinner. No fruit though so doesn't count as part of the 100% plan. Still, not too bad.

Intellectual:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Go to bed half an hour early ✔️ 

Another mixed bag, but today was better than yesterday and I didn't let the tiredness stop me. So that counts as a win. :) 

• Like 2

So, didn't do anything yesterday, and I got mad myself. I know I said I could have one rest day, and yesterday was basically it, but I still got mad at myself because I didn't do anything. Having a rest day is a hard concept for me I guess, because even on rest days I feel like I should still be doing something. Ugh. Need to learn that rest days are okay. Still, getting mad wasn't the worst thing, because it got me all fired up for today, and I think I crushed it. 

Friday stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week ✔️ -- Did 20 minutes.

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat some fruit or veggies ✔️ -- Had some veggies with dinner.

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️-- Revised 3 pages. And they aren't half bad. 

- Write down 1 new plot point a week for my new outline ✔️ -- Finished writing out the full plot point.

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

And now I can enjoy my evening guilt free. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Jupiter said:

So, didn't do anything yesterday, and I got mad myself. I know I said I could have one rest day, and yesterday was basically it, but I still got mad at myself because I didn't do anything. Having a rest day is a hard concept for me I guess, because even on rest days I feel like I should still be doing something. Ugh. Need to learn that rest days are okay. Still, getting mad wasn't the worst thing, because it got me all fired up for today, and I think I crushed it. 

Friday stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week ✔️ -- Did 20 minutes.

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat some fruit or veggies ✔️ -- Had some veggies with dinner.

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️-- Revised 3 pages. And they aren't half bad. 

- Write down 1 new plot point a week for my new outline ✔️ -- Finished writing out the full plot point.

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

And now I can enjoy my evening guilt free. 

Yesyesyes.gif.gif

Crush those goals!!!!

• Thanks 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

Saturday's stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Walking 30 minutes once a week ✔️

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️

- Write down 1 new plot point a week for my new outline 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

Now I'm off to catch up on my DC shows so I'm ready for the Crisis crossover event. This is going to be epic. 

• Like 3

Sunday's stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- I was on a roll and revised around 5-6 pages and finished the chapter. I cut quite a lot, around 1000 words to stay within wordcount limits, and now I feel like the ending is a bit rushed. Need to do one more round though and I'll see how it reads then. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 book a week  -- Was hoping to finish a book this weekend but only got about halfway through. Still, almost there.

- Cook once this month

Didn't do nearly as much as I was hoping yesterday. I'm starting to think that workouts and reading on the same day don't mix well. Need to figure out how to fix that. 

ETA: Oh, and the beginning of Crisis, dudes. Wow.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

Wow!!!!! Great job!

Thanks! :D 

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:56 PM, Jupiter said:

Me too. I'm pretty conditioned to think that I need to be doing something with a given day in order for it to count toward anything, but rest is good. It's okay. And doing too much leads to needing more rest anyway, which isn't exactly ideal.

• Like 1

Monday's stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Strength training 10 minutes once a week ✔️ -- I wasn't paying enough attention to my counting and I ended up doing an extra set, and I'm feeling it now. That'll teach me. 😂

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat some fruit or veggies ✔️ -- Had some fruit today.

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Started round 2 and got through 2 pages. Managed to cut a tiny bit more. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 book a week  

- Cook once this month

In other news, I saw the Wonder Woman 1984 movie trailer, and I loved it. The movie looks like it'll be so much fun, I can't wait. And I love the trailer music. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Kishi said:

Me too. I'm pretty conditioned to think that I need to be doing something with a given day in order for it to count toward anything, but rest is good. It's okay. And doing too much leads to needing more rest anyway, which isn't exactly ideal.

That's very true. 

Tuesday's stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes ✔️ -- Strength training wiped me out yesterday so only 10 minutes of yoga, though it was a bit of a struggle. I'll get used to this new strength training routine eventually. :P 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat some fruit or veggies ✔️ -- More fruit. Meant to grab some rice bowls with veggies but didn't make it. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Got in 2 and a half pages.

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 1 book a week  

- Cook once this month

- Go to bed half an hour early  ✔️ -- Went to bed early last night, but it didn't seem to help, as I didn't actually sleep much. Not sure why, I was tired enough. 😕 

In other news, saw the second Crisis episode last night, which was awesome. Much better than the first (which I liked, but felt was a bit rushed and seemed a bit, I don't know, directionless almost?), and I loved the Smallville scene the best. Can't wait to see tonight's episode. 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Jupiter said:

In other news, saw the second Crisis episode last night, which was awesome. Much better than the first (which I liked, but felt was a bit rushed and seemed a bit, I don't know, directionless almost?), and I loved the Smallville scene the best. Can't wait to see tonight's episode. 

yesyesyes the Smallville scene ❤️ I was like AWWWWWWWW it made me happy lol. 

3rd episode was like mkay mkay mkay lol My favourite episode so far is the second episode in the crossover. Also when they make jokes like "I promised my team they wouldn't be in another crossover" it amuses me so much. 

Good job with your goals so far! You are making some progress

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}