A Druid's Battle Log

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week 

- Strength training 10 minutes once a week 

- Walking 30 minutes once a week 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  ✔️ -- It was way too hard to do this today. I think I'm definitely not eating enough right now.  

- Strength training 5 minutes 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 1 serving of fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week  ✔️ -- 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies. Not too bad. 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Gah. I have 2 kind of big areas I need to tweak and they are both breaking my brain. 

- Write down 1 new plot point a week 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day 

- Cook breakfast on Sundays 

- Go to bed half an hour early ✔️

- Draw once a week 

- De-clutter the junk room once a week 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

I was having focus trouble today too. I guess it's back to using my focus formula. *sigh*

Uh oh. Hopefully it works! 🤞

22 hours ago, Aquarii said:

I love the structure of your thread and the way it allows you to choose between 100% and 10%. Seems like a great way to keep things flexible but make sure you are still moving forward at least a little bit every day.

Thanks! :) It definitely helps me to make sure I get in at least something every day. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Jupiter said:

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  ✔️ -- It was way too hard to do this today. I think I'm definitely not eating enough right now.  

It is amazing that you have a 100 and 10% goal line. I am really excited about that. Always commit to something. I am going to use that strategy the next few days.  

But please, take care of you. I hope you can eat enough to keep you going. 

• Like 4

"You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course! Stick to it, no matter the squalls."
- Long John Silver, Treasure Planet  🏴‍☠️

Thursday's stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week ✔️ -- Got in 20 minutes with little trouble. :D I guess that's the difference between eating pop tarts for dinner and an actual, solid meal LOL. 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 1 serving of fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week  ✔️ -- Got in 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies again. And I've hit my goal for the week. Hasn't happened in a while. 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- I decided to take a break from the mental gymnastics today and started rewriting the next chapter instead. Got in 3 pages. I also sent my mentor some questions, so hopefully she can help me figure out how to fix the scene I'm having trouble with. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day -- Will do once I log off. 

- Draw once a week ✔️ -- It was a little slow at work today so I doodled a bit. I'm counting it. 

So, as something totally random, um...I sort of met someone. Friend of a friend. We've been texting back and forth and getting to know each other. I'm not sure if it will turn into anything or not. I keep waiting for him to drop me and be like, "Nope, she's a bad bet." Guess we'll see. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Keep going! You got this!

Thanks! I really appreciate all your support. :) 

8 hours ago, LostValkyrie19 said:

It is amazing that you have a 100 and 10% goal line. I am really excited about that. Always commit to something. I am going to use that strategy the next few days.  

Thanks! Absolutely feel free to steal it, I hope it helps. :) 

7 hours ago, nianjufe said:

You did it! Look at all those checkmarks......so gratifying. 

Thanks! It is definitely gratifying. :D  

8 hours ago, LostValkyrie19 said:

But please, take care of you. I hope you can eat enough to keep you going. 

7 hours ago, nianjufe said:

I hope your food intake balances out soon, not eating enough also throws me off.

Thank you both, today was a pretty well balanced food day. :)

Thank you all, I so appreciate you!! ❤️❤️

• Like 5
17 hours ago, Jupiter said:

So, as something totally random, um...I sort of met someone. Friend of a friend. We've been texting back and forth and getting to know each other. I'm not sure if it will turn into anything or not. I keep waiting for him to drop me and be like, "Nope, she's a bad bet." Guess we'll see. 

NO!  BAD JUPITER!  No self-doubt for you!  

• Like 5
8 hours ago, The Battle Chef said:

NO!  BAD JUPITER!  No self-doubt for you!  

LOL, yeah, that's something I should probably work on. 

So, work was stressful and I got slammed at the end of the day and had to stay late for 2 rush files that really should have been ready in the morning, but weren't (and did I get a thank you? No, of course not. Sorry, I'm grumpy today.), so didn't get anything done. Well, not strictly true, I did a few minutes of weights and 3 sets of box squats. As for the guy, he's sticking around so far. Though I'm not really sure about him now. He seems nice, but it seems like we're total opposites. So I don't know. Is it weird for me to be unsure at this point?

ETA: I think I know what's putting me off a bit about this whole thing. So he asked me out and I said yes, but I feel like he didn't really ask me out. He said "when will you go out with me," not "will you go out with me," like he assumed it was already a done deal. I didn't really like that. It made me feel like I'm obligated or something just because were talking, although I'm sure that wasn't his intention. Am I just being weird? 

I also have to admit, I went into this assuming that it would go badly (I've never had a good dating experience) (and I know, that's not fair to the other person), so maybe I'm creating a self-fulfilling prophesy? Am I over-analyzing things? 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Jupiter said:

ETA: I think I know what's putting me off a bit about this whole thing. So he asked me out and I said yes, but I feel like he didn't really ask me out. He said "when will you go out with me," not "will you go out with me," like he assumed it was already a done deal. I didn't really like that. It made me feel like I'm obligated or something just because were talking, although I'm sure that wasn't his intention. Am I just being weird? 

I also have to admit, I went into this assuming that it would go badly (I've never had a good dating experience) (and I know, that's not fair to the other person), so maybe I'm creating a self-fulfilling prophesy? Am I over-analyzing things? 

Possibly over-thinking things, most guys I find just don't realize how their wording may come across to others.  I'd personally give him (AND YOURSELF) the benefit of the doubt and see how things go.  

• Like 3
On 1/17/2020 at 6:58 PM, Jupiter said:

Honestly, he could just be young and nervous and not know how to handle emotions AND communication. DH and I both had to be trained, and are still in training, on how to handle communication compassionately and respectfully, it never ends🤣! The most you can do is communicate your feelings honestly and let him know how his words affect you. 

• Like 1

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

"Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Saturday/Sunday's stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Walking 30 minutes once a week ✔️

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

Did not get a chance to do a workout today, but I did do some stretching this morning, and I walked for almost 40 minutes yesterday. 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 1 serving of fruit and veggies 2-3 times a week  

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- 1 serving of fruit today, nothing yesterday.

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Rewrote a few pages yesterday and today. Already thinking about how to revise. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day ✔️

- Cook breakfast on Sundays ✔️ -- Cooked some scrambled eggs, nothing fancy.

- Go to bed half an hour early 

- Draw once a week 

- De-clutter the junk room once a week ✔️

• Like 1
On 1/18/2020 at 1:44 AM, The Battle Chef said:

Possibly over-thinking things, most guys I find just don't realize how their wording may come across to others.  I'd personally give him (AND YOURSELF) the benefit of the doubt and see how things go.  

Thank you. :) And you're right. I need to give it some time and see how things go and not put so much pressure on us. 

9 hours ago, nianjufe said:

Honestly, he could just be young and nervous and not know how to handle emotions AND communication. DH and I both had to be trained, and are still in training, on how to handle communication compassionately and respectfully, it never ends🤣! The most you can do is communicate your feelings honestly and let him know how his words affect you. 

Well, he's in his 30's, so a few years older than me. I just need to make sure there's honest, respectful and open communication between us like you said. :) 

Thank you both, I appreciate your comments. And thank you for being the voice of reason during my freak-out. :) I don't have a lot of experience with relationships, plus big changes like this make me panic, so I was freaking out just a little bit. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, nianjufe said:

giphy.gif

LOL thank you! :D I really needed this today. 

• Like 1

Monday/Tuesday's Stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Strength training 10 minutes once a week ✔️ -- It was a little hard to get through this session yesterday, but I had slightly less trouble than last time, so I'm counting that as a win. Decided today would be a rest day. 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- 2 servings of fruit yesterday, 1 today. Accidentally skipped dinner last night, which was a mistake, as I ended up feeling a bit sick last night. Lesson re-learned, do not skip meals. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Rewrote a few pages yesterday, and now I'm rewriting those same pages again tonight as I got a new/much better idea of how to frame the scene so I'm redoing some of it. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day -- Will do once I log off. 

- Draw once a week 

ETA: Just saw the backdoor pilot for the Green Arrow and the Canaries spinoff. I'm so ready for this series. 

• Like 2

Wednesday's stats:

Fitness:

100% plan: 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes 3 times a week ✔️ -- Did 30 minutes. It was one of the harder videos, but I pushed and I made it through. 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes  

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

10% plan:

- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit or veggies every day ✔️ -- Only 1 serving of fruit today, but that's okay. Just trying to get more consistent with everything. I feel like I haven't been as consistent this month as I'd like, so something to work on. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Rewrote a few more pages. Nearly done with the first draft. It's absolutely terrible, but I think I have all the elements I want at this point and I'll be able to prune and fine-tune when I start revising it. But once I finish the rewrite I need to go back to the previous chapter and finish revising that first. Have to admit, though, had some trouble with focus today. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day ✔️ -- Finished the book. That's 5/40 books for the year so far. The only problem now is having to wait for the sequel from the library. :( 

- Go to bed half an hour early 

- Draw once a week 

So, the guy I've been talking to has stopped texting me. I sent him a few texts over the weekend, but got no response, and he hasn't texted since then (which is not like him, or at least, what I know of him so far, he's pretty chatty), so I'm assuming I've been ghosted. I don't know if it was something I said or didn't say, or what. And I don't know how long I should wait until I know for sure I've been ghosted, but I don't know, seems pretty definite at this point. So, I guess that's that. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Good job! 👍 You powered through your workout in spite of difficulty.

You're doing really well with your quest. Keep going!

Thank you! This helped me get through yoga today LOL. :D 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jupiter said:

So, the guy I've been talking to has stopped texting me. I sent him a few texts over the weekend, but got no response, and he hasn't texted since then (which is not like him, or at least, what I know of him so far, he's pretty chatty), so I'm assuming I've been ghosted. I don't know if it was something I said or didn't say, or what. And I don't know how long I should wait until I know for sure I've been ghosted, but I don't know, seems pretty definite at this point. So, I guess that's that. 

Nice of him to show his true colours before you get TOO invested. ;) If at all possible, try not to worry about 'what you did' too much; that kind of behaviour is 100% on him, NOT YOU.

You deserve someone who is just as invested in developing the relationship as you are: don't settle for 'available', when you will be able to find 'enthusiastic'!

I am sorry that someone didn't offer you the respect of communicating properly, by just ghosting instead. 

• Like 4

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

11 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Ugh, it's always disappointing and a little crushing when this happens. Luckily, like @Defining said, at least you got to see his real self before it got too deep. I'm sorry he was selfish and didn't consider your feelings or treat you like the fabulous human being you are. Big hugs to you, and keep on keeping on, you're worth so much more!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

"Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

17 hours ago, Jupiter said:

It's hard to know why people do the things they do. Most people don't know themselves. (I speak as one who is ignorant).

There are charitable and uncharitable reads on this. In the interest of charity, let's suppose that he probably got caught up in some stuff and wasn't able to communicate back to you in a way that met your needs. Whether you stick around for that or not is up to you, but it doesn't make sense from out here to spend time on something that isn't going to let you meet your needs.

It's not good and not bad. The unpleasantness makes it easy to attach a value judgment to it, but down that road lies madness and you don't need that. So, take a breath, let it go. You did your best, and I'm sure he meant to do the same. It just didn't click into place.

• Like 4
On 1/22/2020 at 6:47 PM, Jupiter said:

So sorry to hear that happened, very inconsiderate and echo everyone here that glad he took off that mask early so you don’t have to deal with further BS.

• Like 3