A Druid's Battle Log

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:32 PM, Kishi said:

We're gonna be doing Chili for Valentine's Day here. I have literally no idea how this is going to go - I've never actually made chili before, and I tend toward very exotic tastes relative to my coworkers. This will be epic - good or bad remains to be seen.

LOL, nice. How did it go?

11 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Did you have fun before you got hurt? Maybe give it another go, and really warm up well beforehand and stretch after.  My husband and I just started indoor climbing and had some of the same initial problems but the last couple times were fine.

I did like it when I wasn't terrified LOL. Yeah, I think I'll give it another shot and warm up and stretch like you said and see how it turns out. Thanks for the tip.  :) 

• Like 1

Yesterday:

Fitness:

- Walked a little over 5200 steps.

Nutrition:

- Meh, nothing but frozen meals.

Intellectual:

- Was super tired yesterday so I took a break from revisions.

Today:

Fitness:

- Was really busy today so didn't get a chance to do any workout.

Nutrition:

- I'm pretty much out of everything so it's all frozen meals again. I haven't even had a chance to search for new recipes this week. I'll have to try to find something tomorrow.

Intellectual:

- I was a little distracted but I managed to get through half a page and I think I figured out how I want to end this section.

Nothing super exciting the last couple of days. We're getting busy again at work and my boss decided that I need to start doing All The Things, so that's been fun.  

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Jupiter said:

LOL, nice. How did it go?

It seems to have gone well! Or at least, nobody complained out loud.

12 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Nothing super exciting the last couple of days. We're getting busy again at work and my boss decided that I need to start doing All The Things, so that's been fun.  

Bosses are like that. The work season will pass. Hang in there!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Kishi said:

It seems to have gone well! Or at least, nobody complained out loud.

LOL I'm sure it was great. 

11 hours ago, Kishi said:

Bosses are like that. The work season will pass. Hang in there!

That is very true. Thanks! :)

Fitness:

- Yoga 20 minutes. 

Nutrition:

- More frozen meals. Never did end up looking for new recipes today. Will have to do that tomorrow. 

Intellectual:

- I was more focused today and got through 2 pages in an hour. Had to rewrite most of those two pages, but I think the story is better for it. It's a little rough, but I'll go back through the whole thing anyway after this round and fine-tune. 

• Like 2

I was really busy today so I didn't get a chance to do any revisions, but I went out with some friends tonight and we went roller skating and had dinner out. It was fun. :) 

• Like 3

Fitness:

- Still sore from roller skating yesterday, so decided today would be a rest day. 

Nutrition:

- Finished off the take out leftovers from yesterday, and even though I was exhausted, I still cooked some pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes (fake potatoes, but still potatoes). I wanted to cook some carrots too but I couldn't find my recipe for the life of me. Still, at least I made something semi-healthy and it should last me for a day or two. I've kind of fallen away from batch cooking, at least for a while. I feel like it's a little too much right now. I need to work my way a little slower towards it. 

Intellectual:

- I only made it through a page of revisions in roughly 40-45 minutes, but it still counts. I'm liking the chapter so far. 

• Like 3

Fitness:

- Still sore from the weekend, but I walked 5035 steps. 

Nutrition:

- Breakfast: strawberry pop tarts and an apple

- Lunch: Pork and mashed potatoes

- Snacks: Work made me mad, so unfortunately I did some emotional eating and had some Reese's cups and cinnamon coffeecake bites. 

- Dinner: Pork and mashed potatoes

Intellectual:

- Worked for an hour and a half and got through the chapter (barely). I rewrote a lot of it, but I feel like I'm repeating myself from a previous chapter, so now I need to root it out and figure out what needs to go where. And then once that's all settled I need to go back and edit line-by-line. At this rate it may take me all year to revise the rest of this novel. 

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Well, can't rush quality work, right? And hey, at least you're working on yours. Mine's not even off the ground into draft form yet.

That is very true. It just seemed a little daunting when I thought about it last night LOL. You'll get there with yours, I believe in you. :) 

• Like 1

Fitness:

- Walked 5022 steps. It was freezing, but I had my jacket and scarf, so I was good to go (my coworker laughed at me about the scarf).  

Nutrition:

- Breakfast: Strawberry pop tarts (and some cookies that my boss brought back for everyone from her Vegas trip)

- Lunch: Grilled cheese and potato chips

- Snacks: Ugh, too many snacks. I couldn't tell if I snacked because I was actually hungry or if I was just tired. 

- Dinner: Scrambled eggs and a banana

Intellectual:

- Started another round of revisions on my current chapter and got through 2 pages in about an hour. Rewriting quite a bit of it again, but I think it's better than it was before and has more relevance to the story. Some parts I'm still not quite happy about, but that's what round 3 is for. Overall, not a bad start to round 2. 

• Like 3

Fitness:

- Walked 5419 steps. 

Nutrition:

- Breakfast: Strawberry pop tarts and a banana

- Snacks: Pretzels, an apple, and cheese and crackers

- Dinner: hamburger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake (I wasn't originally going to get the milkshake, but it was a stressful day at work so I caved)

Intellectual:

- Revised for about 2 hours and got through roughly 2 and a half pages. This chapter is tough (but fun) and I'm brain dead. Have a good night everyone.

• Like 4

Been a very busy few days. We're reaching month end and as usual, it's nuts. Didn't do any revisions, cooking, or workouts except for some circuit training on Friday, which I haven't done before. It's interesting. I'll try it for a little bit and see how it goes. 

Anyway, stats for today:

Fitness:

- Walked 2126 steps. Not as many steps as I had hoped, but at least I walked some. Work and life stuff are throwing me off a bit but I'll hit my stride again. 

Nutrition:

- Healthy eating has totally fallen by the wayside, and the chocolate stress-eating has reared it's ugly head again. Also haven't had a chance to even think about looking for new recipes all week. Hopefully I can at least find one for tomorrow. 

Intellectual:

- Since I didn't do any revisions on Thursday and Friday, I'd hoped to get in 3 hours today. Only got in 1. Better than nothing. 

• Like 4

Looks like you're doing a fine job of adaptating and prioritizing stuff when craziness arises. Congrats! Hope next month will find you well and you'll find the resources to step it up even further.

• Like 2

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

On 2/24/2019 at 12:08 AM, Jean said:

Looks like you're doing a fine job of adaptating and prioritizing stuff when craziness arises. Congrats! Hope next month will find you well and you'll find the resources to step it up even further.

Thanks! Me too. I keep hearing March will be even busier though, so we'll see what happens. 

Yesterday:

Fitness:

- 10 minutes of circuit training. 

Nutrition:

- Not a good eating day again, but at least I cooked something for the next few days. Baked chicken and spaghetti. 

Intellectual:

- Revised for an hour and a half. For some reason I was exhausted all day yesterday, but at least I managed to get a few things done. Hopefully this week will be better. 

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Kishi said:

How's your sleep doing?

Meh, could be better. Some weeks are better than others. Last week was okay, this week has been a struggle so far. I'm thinking of tracking it to see how I can make things easier on myself. 

Yesterday:

Fitness:

- Super tired yesterday, but I forced myself to get up and moving and walked 5031 steps. 

Nutrition:

- Breakfast: Poptarts

- Lunch: Biscuit with gravy, bacon, and hash browns

- Snack: Wheat thins and peanut butter

- Dinner: Leftovers from lunch

- Ended up eating something unhealthy from the food truck instead of what I brought. Will try to do better today. 

Intellectual:

- Revised for only half an hour. I really like the first half of this chapter so far. It could still use some tightening up in places, but I'll give it another round after I go through the second half. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Meh, could be better. Some weeks are better than others. Last week was okay, this week has been a struggle so far. I'm thinking of tracking it to see how I can make things easier on myself. 

I do recommend it. There's new data coming out to suggest that lack of sleep can impact hunger, appetite, and energy expenditure in more ways than just the obvious ones. More sleep, on the other hand, tracks with more favorable outcomes.

Which is hard to hear given the weight of the world's expectations, but. Them's the brakes, unfortunately.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Kishi said:

I do recommend it. There's new data coming out to suggest that lack of sleep can impact hunger, appetite, and energy expenditure in more ways than just the obvious ones. More sleep, on the other hand, tracks with more favorable outcomes.

Which is hard to hear given the weight of the world's expectations, but. Them's the brakes, unfortunately.

Yeah unfortunately LOL. I know part of the problem is that I get up super early for work, and I'm not naturally an early riser, so that's something I struggle with. 

Yesterday:

Fitness:

- Exhausted again, but still got in 4983 steps.  

Nutrition:

- Breakfast: Poptarts

- Lunch: Grilled cheese with turkey and bacon, and chips

- Dinner: Cheesy pasta with broccoli (frozen meal), some chocolate

Intellectual:

- No revisions yesterday. Decided to take a break. Was exhausted, but also I couldn't concentrate anyway because last night was the season finale of The Gifted, and I couldn't really think about anything else LOL. Still, I think I figured out how to make the last half of this chapter better, and I think figured out how to fix what's still bugging me about the previous chapter, so I'll call that a win (I'm actually really excited to implement my ideas, I can't wait to see what it looks like). 

Bouncing back slowly, I'm still really tired but I have more energy this morning than I've had the last few days, so we'll see how it goes. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Yeah unfortunately LOL. I know part of the problem is that I get up super early for work, and I'm not naturally an early riser, so that's something I struggle with. 

Fitness:

- Exhausted again,

- No revisions yesterday. Decided to take a break. Was exhausted, but also I couldn't concentrate anyway because last night was the season finale of The Gifted, and I couldn't really think about anything else LOL. Still, I think I figured out how to make the last half of this chapter better, and I think figured out how to fix what's still bugging me about the previous chapter, so I'll call that a win (I'm actually really excited to implement my ideas, I can't wait to see what it looks like). 

Bouncing back slowly, I'm still really tired but I have more energy this morning than I've had the last few days, so we'll see how it goes. 

Naps!

tenor.gif

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Rusk said:

Naps!

tenor.gif

LOL! I wish. :D 

Yesterday:

Fitness:

- Walked 4647 steps. 

Nutrition:

- Breakfast: honey wheat toast with peanut butter

- Lunch: spaghetti and some chocolate

- Dinner: leftovers from lunch and some cream cheese coffee cake

Intellectual:

- Revised for half an hour. Almost done with the first half, and then it's on to the next. 

I think I need to reorder my afternoon routine so I can use my time more effectively. 

• Like 3

Well, month end is finally over. Last week was a little crazy. Still tried to keep up with workouts, cooking and revisions, and though I only did the bare minimum, at least I did something and I didn't let things slide too much. And now it's on to a new month and some slightly altered goals, which I'll post later. But for now, my stats for yesterday.

Yesterday:

Fitness:

- Circuit training 20 minutes.  

Nutrition:

- Breakfast: poptarts

- Lunch: cheesy rice and broccoli, chocolate bar

- Snack: cheese and crackers

- Dinner: grilled cheese with bacon and tomato, chips, chocolate bar

Intellectual:

- Revised for 2 and a half hours and finally got through the last half of this chapter. Now I need to go through another round and clean it up a little and then go back to the previous chapter and make some changes. 

- Read for about an hour.

• Like 3

Yesterday:

Fitness:

- Walked 5101 steps. I weighed myself yesterday and I've gained 3 pounds since I my last weigh in. Not quite sure how to fix that yet. 

Nutrition:

- Breakfast: poptarts, apple

- Snack: cheese and crackers

- Lunch: chicken stir fry (I cooked this over the weekend. I think I used a little too much sauce, it was a little overwhelming.)

- Dinner: cheesy broccoli and pasta, some chocolate

Intellectual:

- Revised for about 45 minutes. I'm rewriting a piece of a scene and adding things about a topic I'm not really familiar with, so it's a little slow going. 

- Read for about an hour.

• Like 3

Yesterday:

Fitness:

- Walked 4966 steps.  

Nutrition:

- Breakfast: poptarts, tangerine

- Lunch: breaded shrimp and french fries 

- Snack: chocolate

- Dinner: poptarts, banana

- Not the best day food wise but at least I had one semi-decent meal today, so I'll count that as a win. 

Intellectual:

- Revised for about half an hour. I fixed one issue but then found another one, so I needed to take a bit to think about how to make adjustments.

• Like 1

So it's that time to take a look at my goals and (finally) make a few tweaks. Let's see how this goes. 

March goals:

Fitness:

- Walk between 4500 and 5000 steps 3 to 4 days a week. I can still barely get through it and my endurance still sucks but I will persevere. 

- Circuit training 10 to 30 minutes 1 to 2 days a week. I've decided to go ahead and keep with the circuit training and see how it goes. 

- Yoga for 10 to 20 minutes 1 to 2 days a week. I'll be splitting my time between circuit training and yoga, so for example if I do 10 minutes of circuit training then I'll do 10 minutes of yoga, that way I still get in a good 20 minutes for a workout. I think this is doable. 

Nutrition:

- Cook at least one semi-healthy meal once or twice a week. I'm still struggling with this one a bit so it will stay the same for now. 

- Find healthier snacks. I've been eating a lot of the packaged stuff and I want to start slowly switching over to more fruits/veggie snacks.  

Intellectual:

- Revise for between an hour to an hour and a half a day during the week, and 2 hours a day on weekends. I still have a long way to go on this novel and I want to get a little farther this month than last month. 

- Read for an hour at least 4 to 5 days a week. 

So, these are my goals for now. I think they're doable (some of it I've already started doing). Let's do this. 

• Like 3

Yesterday:

Fitness:

- Walked 4761 steps.   

Nutrition:

- Breakfast: poptarts

- Snack: way too many snacks

- Dinner: frozen meal

Intellectual:

- Didn't end up revising much. My friends got back to me about my short story and they had some suggestions, so I worked on that instead. 

- Read for a little bit. 

• Like 3